Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 279679 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

you know, the parakoopas would explain that. I never really bother to check what caste my koopas are.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I made the Christmas stuff, the lights are in fact festive whips.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile

That would probably make the most sense. For a second I thought that electricity was invented just so that little festive lights could be there to bathe everything in a merry glow as the christmas elves strangled everyone to death.
Hm, can you actually make strangling that suffocates a standard weapon attack without dfhack?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

No, sorry.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That would probably make the most sense. For a second I thought that electricity was invented just so that little festive lights could be there to bathe everything in a merry glow as the christmas elves strangled everyone to death.
Hm, can you actually make strangling that suffocates a standard weapon attack without dfhack?

But you can add a touch interaction to the elves that causes a suffocation syndrome. Though they would be able to do it whether or not they have the festive whips.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

At that point, couldn't you just rely on the normal choking moves?
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

I think "choking with weapons" used to be a thing but isnt anymore.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would having animals with the same exact name cause problems similar to duped raws? Because we have quite a few dinosaur mods that probably need to be trimmed down so they don't overlap as much.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

You mean the caste/creature name or the identifier at the top of the creature file? The former shouldn't cause issues - the latter WILL cause duplication problems though.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github

How come you're choosing to assemble a mod compilation now but then waiting to play until the update? You'll need to either wait for every mod to be (hopefully) updated, or wait for the wiki to be updated with the new tags and manually update hundreds of creatures and entities yourself... I mean there's a *possibility* you could try to just dump the old raws in but it would likely not work.
Don't get me wrong though I'm ptw, this is amusing! :D
'ere the Chias get hungry...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam

How come you're choosing to assemble a mod compilation now but then waiting to play until the update? You'll need to either wait for every mod to be (hopefully) updated, or wait for the wiki to be updated with the new tags and manually update hundreds of creatures and entities yourself... I mean there's a *possibility* you could try to just dump the old raws in but it would likely not work.
Don't get me wrong though I'm ptw, this is amusing! :D
I highly doubt the next update will require the creature raws to be updated in any way. Entity files are more likely to be affected.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, as far as we know this is only an entity update. Chances are we're just going to slap the raws in and pray that it works. If it doesn't just work it's going to become a team effort to patch up just enough holes to get it to work mostly properly. But we're compiling the mods now so that when it is deemed "ready" we don't have to wait for more submissions before we start. That, and I'm doing my best to weed out the existing problems so we don't have to wait even longer when the update comes out.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sooo, apparently the new version came out. I'm going to play a (mostly) normal fort in it to see if it's playable enough now or if we have to wait for some bug fixes before we start. After that I'm going to see if we can just slap in the raws and have it work or if we need to do some extra work with it. In addition to that I still need to find what is causing the raw duplication problem, if anyone finds out anything about the new version and wants to share it here that would greatly help the process.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Raw duping is caused by having two things with the same name. Like having two creatures labelled [CREATURE:DOG]. Since we're using a lot of mods together, it's almost certainly caused by different modders giving things the same name by coincidence.
My mods and forum games.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I highly doubt the next update will require the creature raws to be updated in any way. Entity files are more likely to be affected.
remember this?

Also, I am in the proccess of adding _SCOR to all of my [CREATURE]'s to try to help fix it (hopefully it does, or this will have been a waste of time) and would also like to point out in case MottledPetrel didn't notice, a bunch of creatures file names were modified slightly in the last major update of my extinct creature mod (fixing spaces and _'s)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 100