Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280469 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Okay, so I've been updating the hell out of the mods and it still doesn't work. I moved it to the new version because I fucked up the last version and thought I might as well try the new version. It always gets to the very end and then crashes as it's finalizing the last few sites. Then I'm like "Hey, error log, mind giving me a hand on finding out what's broken?" and then the error log is like "No problem bro, now let me see... it seems that EVERYTHING is broken" "Would you mind telling me what needs to be fixed to make the game work?" "How about, uhhh, FUCK YOU, it's all broken, just throw out your hard drive now" "Could you at least-" "NO, it's all broken, just stop trying". I have no idea what needs to be fixed, but it's literally saying every creature in the game can't have any of its body parts attached correctly. I can't even scroll all the way through it to see if anything stands out, it's just too damn long. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 06:57:08 pm by MottledPetrel »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Take a mod out, create a pocket-sized very short history world, if it crashes, then put that mod in and try a different one

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been trying that. So far it has been ineffective, so now I'm just blanket removing. I removed EVERY item, nothing. I removed every civ except default, nothing. I removed the pokemon, nothing. I removed the TESB stuff, and I got within one site of victory. I think I'm just going to try to gen it without TESB and hope I get lucky for a little while. After that I'm probably going to go back to removing and praying.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

removing random stuff is likely to not fix it, since now the mods are missing things

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*shrug* Nothing I've done has made any change at all to anything, so I haven't the slightest clue what the problem is. Like even when I try to remove stuff just to intentionally break it, it just stays the exact same and crashes when it's finalizing the last few sites.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

The errorlog does tell you which parts are broken. If your errorlog is that size, you're likely dealing with a whole cascade of problems. It's not going to go away just by removing certain parts. Even if you did remove the game-breaking crashes, alot of things wouldn't work as expected - missing bps, attacks, etc.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure you need to rebuild the pack from the ground up, at least that's probably the easiest solution.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The thing is that the enormous error log has always been present and it's worked fine up until now. I will try rebuilding the pack from scratch tomorrow (keeping a version of what I have now as backup) and hope something good happens. I think the real problem stems from some mods being like "I want to replace this file, but I have new stuff" and then the next file wants to replace something and it all goes down hill. I'm going to try to do my best with managing that accordingly. I'm just going to show a little snip bit of the error log to show how these things just don't make sense.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I don't get it, the files are present that it's saying aren't present. It's saying tags aren't recognized, but they seem to be correct tags. It's saying that body parts aren't recognized, but they seem legit. I don't know. But it would probably be helpful to figure out what this problem is stemming from so we can prevent it from happening again.

Edit: oh fuck, I got one to work. Stay tuned for that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:04:50 pm by MottledPetrel »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

*** Error(s) found in the file "raw/objects/body_theropod.txt"
TOOTH: number capped at 32
TOOTH: number capped at 32

Is because the theropod teeth are greater than 32, and I don't feel like fixing it

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't see why that would be such a problem, more than 32 teeth isn't game breaking. Also, I managed to get into the embark screen and no further. It seems that there is too much wrong for me to just try to keep loading it and hope to get lucky. A good amount of the stuff just had no name at all, or was like UNKNOWN PLANT SUBSTANCE. Oh well, guess I'll completely remake modpack I've been working on for a year tomorrow when I get to it.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile

The errorlog makes perfect sense.

For instance, there is no such body template as QUADRUPED_HOOF; those are legacy bodies from 34.11. Now they are called QUADRUPED_NECK_HOOF. SPEED and also SWIM_SPEED have also been replaced by the gait system. You can't just throw in 34.11 raws and expect them to work...

Meanwhile, as the plants can't find a material template SPECIAL_PLANT_JUICE_TEMPLATE, it proceeds to read all the material tokens as plant tokens, which clearly doesn't fly.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, that makes sense. I guess my panic ridden and sleep deprived brain was too busy being like "come on, just cut one more thing out and it'll be fine" to actually look into what wasn't working. I guess that means I've got to cut those mods out and do some more screening to actually see how outdated some of these mods are. I just find it weird that these outdated mods have worked fine before now. I'm going to create one game for mods confirmed to work for this version and a second game for the experimental stuff. When I decide something iffy works good enough I'll throw it in. But until we have a better grip on this situation mod submissions are on lock down.

Kyubee

• Bay Watcher
  • modding is hard
    • View Profile

I had people do something like this in a succession game, *but* i didnt have the skills in actual gameplay, or the functional internet, to actually partake, so... PTW
My mod: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=176501.0
The litten is wandering around the dump now, occasionally exploding.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam

Yeah, definitely check if the stuff is actually updated for the newest versions, or isn't missing body files and the like. A lot of the neckless versions of creatures are still in-game, but QUADRUPED_HOOF is definitely gone.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, so I completely redid the pack so that it only contains stuff that's updated for the newest version. It works, but unfortunately at the cost of over half the content. Hypothetically we could start now, but we would be without the koopa's and we would have to decide what race to go with. It also brings up the dilemma of whether we should wait a little longer to get some last minute submissions or just go ahead and play. I personally think we should wait for more so it can end up as insane as I hope it can. I would also like to thank everyone who knows anything about raws for the help they gave me in getting this thing to actually work. If anyone knows of any mods for this version on the horizon or any mods about to be updated, please inform me so we can try to catch them.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 100