Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280296 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

Too high population? That's only the first page, there are currently 65 of them on the map and they're still coming. I had forgotten about the spies, how do they detriment the fort?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too high population? That's only the first page, there are currently 65 of them on the map and they're still coming. I had forgotten about the spies, how do they detriment the fort?

Get information from citizens about artifacts. I'm not sure, but they might also be able to take artifacts with them.

You know they're spies if they have weapons on them and they aren't, say, mercenaries or monster hunters, who are supposed to have weapons.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why didn't anyone tell me that thrash doves steal items? There's like 70 of them and they're all stealing things. Thank god they're going after my wooden cups and not the anvils. It's also good that we have no artifacts to be stolen yet, but a legendary stone carver has come by. I'm not even going to even bother looking through all these visitors, most of them are warriors looking for the same artifact.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:14:47 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've started up the quotes section, and dear god do we have a lot of quote gold on this thread. I'm only on page 7 and I've already filled it to the extent that I've seen other mature threads reach only at the very end. It doesn't help that almost every other post is something hysterical, but searching through it definitely takes me back, way back to the days when we first started debating the breeding habits of lawn mowers.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile

I think I'm going to post to watch any thread that seriously discusses lawnmower reproduction.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We can always do with more hands on deck, glad to have you here. And trust me, it's going to get a lot worse once the fort starts. I'm already like half way through what could possibly be the best intro ever. I'd say we're almost ready to start too, I just gotta add in the last things I promised to add in. After that, I'm going to see if I can shoe horn the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom mod in and pray it works. We're getting down to the dead line for mod submissions, so if anyone has anything in the works that's almost done I'd appreciate it if you could inform me of it.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 04:30:35 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #366 on: December 10, 2017, 05:22:22 pm »

I still have two things left to do for the DDU pack - megas and the final dungeon creatures - even those wont take too long since I have most of the body templates and interactions done. I'll send you a link once its done.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #367 on: December 11, 2017, 04:48:51 pm »

Ptw for thrash doves and quote gold

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: December 11, 2017, 08:00:59 pm »

Glad to hear it Lord_lemonpie, almost feels like a betrayal updating the mod with the patch that decreases thrash dove populations. Take as long as you need ZM5, the darkest dungeon stuff will be great to make the caverns even MORE of a hellscape. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm scared that I'll open up the caverns and immediately be gunned down the DOOM stuff you added.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #369 on: December 11, 2017, 08:36:59 pm »

Glad to hear it Lord_lemonpie, almost feels like a betrayal updating the mod with the patch that decreases thrash dove populations. Take as long as you need ZM5, the darkest dungeon stuff will be great to make the caverns even MORE of a hellscape. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm scared that I'll open up the caverns and immediately be gunned down the DOOM stuff you added.
Most of the wild DDU creatures will be in evil biomes actually, not the caverns (save for the final dungeon creatures). There are some, like Madmen, who will be found in non-evil biomes as well - otherwise, you'll mostly have to worry about the megas and invader races (8 in total). Won't have to wait too long, I only have 3 creatures left to do.

Depending on how fast you open up the caverns, the Doom monsters may not be so bad, considering I tiered them similarly to how they're "tiered" in-game, with each layer adding more enemy types (and the third having all of them). First layer is only the most basic stuff, i.e Pinkies (who may topple smaller constructions) or Imps (they throw fake "fire" that causes blistering and bleeding - no actual "fire" though for balance reasons). Second has the more advanced enemies, i.e Hell Knights, Cacodemons or Mancubi - last layer adds the big bosses and also Barons and Arch-Viles.

Fun fact about Archies, they'll raise anything that has the demonic creature class - this includes the demons from my cave pack, i.e the Abyss Worms, Possessed Dwarves/Elves/Humans, or Killer Clowns.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 12, 2017, 07:50:54 am »

Are you still adding mods?

If you are, this seems pleasantly game breaking : http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=100799.1035;topicseen

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 12, 2017, 05:28:40 pm »

That looks like it'd be something good to add, but it requires dfhack for a good amount of its features. Seeing as how dfhack isn't updated to the new version yet, I'm not sure I want to add it. I'm going to get through the predetermined stuff for this mod pack first, and then I'll see what we can do with that.

Edit: in the process of adding more, probably going to post the error log if it's anything I can't figure out at a quick glance.
Edit2: good news, I added like 5 things and there are no new errors to speak of!
Edit3: alright, making an attempt at adding the spellcrafts mod, chances are this might break it, but we'll see how it goes. Once I am SURE that it is working I will add the [SUPERNATURAL] tag to all mega beasts (I might miss some, but at that point I don't really care)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 07:40:17 pm by MottledPetrel »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 12, 2017, 07:41:58 pm »

Leaving tomorrow, but I'll give you a question. How about we add the [TRAINABLE] tag to all animal people? Then we can have a fort filled with animal people, which is good.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 12, 2017, 07:48:19 pm »

Asin's Wee Folk Mod [Updated]
Golbinoids

What kind of stuff are you doing with my mods? I'm not mad, just curious.
I also assume "Golbinoids" is my Goblinoids (and Orcs) mod.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 12, 2017, 08:20:06 pm »

Good bye Derpy Dev, we'll keep a meat chair warm for you for when you get back. It's going to take a little bit longer to get everything in that I promised to get in and iron out the subsequent bugs. In addition, there are some mods that I had in that are about to be updated to the new version soon, so I'm going to try to wait for those if they don't take too long. Most important of these is the Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom mod so that we have the koopa civ to actually play as. I know IndigoFenix popped in here for a little bit to check this out, so maybe he'll hear my plea (I'm not going to send him a pm or post it on the ROTMK thread or anything, it's not that big of a deal). ZM5 says he's got another great thing almost done, so that will make it in. Scourge said he's got some stuff potentially in the works, I haven't heard anything from him in a while so I don't know if he finished it or even started it. As of now, it's very stable, the most errors are coming from the dwarfsday holiday mod, which can be removed no problem if I have to.

Asin, glad to see you found what I had intended for those mods. Even if I wasn't actively looking for additions to this collection I thought your mod was pretty interesting and had some good potential, that and I had some ideas for it and wanted to do some research. At the moment only the Wee Folk Mod is in as the Goblinoids mod was not updated to the current version and was causing more issues than it was worth. Sorry about not giving credit, I forgot who made it and where it came from, I'll add your name to it on the cover page (I'd appreciate it if you could do the minor updates to the civs that would make them usable, but that's up to you). The Wee Folk Mod is in, and is having some interesting results. I have found that the hobbits and shadow gnomes make up more necromancer towers than all of the other races combined. I don't know if this was intended, or even has a reason for happening, but it's kinda funny seeing the hobbits have more towers than actual settlements. As for what I've done to them, nothing yet. I'd like to have every race in before I take the giant list of reactions and buildings that I've made from every race I've added and just slap it into EVERY race to see how fun that gets.

Edit: oh wait, now I remember why goblinoids isn't in. It requires Grimlock's realism mod (or something) to run the civs. That might be throwing a bit too strong of a curve ball into the mix, but I'll consider it. I should also make a list of what actually made it in, because at this point I don't even really know. Oh, and can anyone vouch on if there would be any adverse effects to adding [TRAINABLE] to all animal men? I would think it would just allow them to basically become extra workers, but my experience with doing stuff like that to sentient animals is that it never ends well.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:25:10 pm by MottledPetrel »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 100