Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280448 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #375 on: December 12, 2017, 09:01:17 pm »

Asin, glad to see you found what I had intended for those mods. Even if I wasn't actively looking for additions to this collection I thought your mod was pretty interesting and had some good potential, that and I had some ideas for it and wanted to do some research. At the moment only the Wee Folk Mod is in as the Goblinoids mod was not updated to the current version and was causing more issues than it was worth. Sorry about not giving credit, I forgot who made it and where it came from, I'll add your name to it on the cover page (I'd appreciate it if you could do the minor updates to the civs that would make them usable, but that's up to you). The Wee Folk Mod is in, and is having some interesting results. I have found that the hobbits and shadow gnomes make up more necromancer towers than all of the other races combined. I don't know if this was intended, or even has a reason for happening, but it's kinda funny seeing the hobbits have more towers than actual settlements. As for what I've done to them, nothing yet. I'd like to have every race in before I take the giant list of reactions and buildings that I've made from every race I've added and just slap it into EVERY race to see how fun that gets.

Shadow Gnomes as necromancers makes sense. If I remember right, one of the spheres they'll always be seen worshipping is death. That means more towers. Halflings as necromancers makes no sense. Halflings don't have death listed as a sphere for them to always worship...

EDIT: I am working on making the Goblinoids (and Orcs) mod up to date. There have been some... complications.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:27:16 pm by Asin »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #376 on: December 12, 2017, 09:02:25 pm »

I was KINDA hoping everyone would forget about that thing I said, as the mod.... doesn't work and I'm not sure why

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 13, 2017, 06:25:49 am »

Eh, if it doesn't work it doesn't work. I was just wondering if you still had it in the works or not. Oh, and I've been thinking, could someone here try to mod mottled petrels into the game? My namesake, the mottled petrel, is a small migratory sea bird that I somehow found and used as my name. They don't really do much or have any redeeming qualities, but I'd still like to see them in the game. Either as just the normal bird, or if someone takes it and turns it into a hulking monster that breathes fire and goes around karate chopping people in half (or something).

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:03 am »

That's not hard. I can teach you how to make it yourself if you want. Or I can do it, just an offer.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 11:02:12 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 13, 2017, 01:53:24 pm »

Yeah, modding DF can be pretty simple. I generally spend some time after a while with a new vanilla update to mod all surface plants to grow in realistic timeframes and climates.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 13, 2017, 02:23:46 pm »

Either as just the normal bird, or if someone takes it and turns it into a hulking monster that breathes fire and goes around karate chopping people in half (or something).
I nominate this to the quote bank.

Also, to my memory, [TRAINABLE] doesn't make something domesticatable. [TRAINABLE] makes already domesticated animals be able to be trained for war, or hunting. For that reason, I suggest we add [TRAINABLE] to chickens.
To get domesticated animal men, add [PET] to them, and also use the new animal defs from the latest release so we always have them available.
Give them all the ANIMAL_MAN creature_class.

And also, give all giant animals the  [PET] tag, so we can have an army of giant stuff without the help of elves.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 02:36:13 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 13, 2017, 05:08:46 pm »

Either as just the normal bird, or if someone takes it and turns it into a hulking monster that breathes fire and goes around karate chopping people in half (or something).
I nominate this to the quote bank.

Also, to my memory, [TRAINABLE] doesn't make something domesticatable. [TRAINABLE] makes already domesticated animals be able to be trained for war, or hunting. For that reason, I suggest we add [TRAINABLE] to chickens.
To get domesticated animal men, add [PET] to them, and also use the new animal defs from the latest release so we always have them available.
Give them all the ANIMAL_MAN creature_class.

And also, give all giant animals the  [PET] tag, so we can have an army of giant stuff without the help of elves.

The suggestions for animal men and giant animals will likely be a lot easier if you add Pikachu's tags to the creature variances that build those creatures, rather than adding each tag manually.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 13, 2017, 05:11:05 pm »

I would recommend don't add creature_class ANIMAL_MAN that way, as I use that to keep neanderthals from having them and duplicating it would probably be bad

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 13, 2017, 05:12:20 pm »

So it already exists on the animal men?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 13, 2017, 05:14:24 pm »

Put MAN_ANIMAL for the ones we want our koopas to have, then.
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #386 on: December 13, 2017, 05:16:52 pm »

Rise of the Mushroom Kingdom has been updated for DF44.
Also, did I mention Fortal Kombat?  It hasn't been updated in a while but it doesn't really need to be.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 13, 2017, 05:18:25 pm »

I was more asking if someone wanted to do it because I don't really have the time at the moment to do it myself. That, and all my attempts at creating animals have ended with weird results. I'd appreciate it if you could make something up, but you don't have to. Thank you for the suggestion for adding the tag to variances, that would be astronomically easier. As for giant animals, I tend to just add the [USE_ANY_PET_RACE] tag to the civ I'm playing and get loads of giant animals. It also seems that IndigoFenix has unknowingly answered my plea by updating the Rise of The Mushroom Kingdom mod, so as of right now we have everything we could potentially need to start. Nomination for quote bank has been verified, adding it now. That, and I've got a secret project in the works. I probably won't have it done in time to add it to modded hell, but I'll post it once I'm done.

Just saw the MAN_ANIMAL suggestion, I'll do that instead. Any suggestions for the types of animal men we want to have? First ten or so suggestions will make it in the first round. After that as long as you make a good argument for why you want them I'll probably add them, but I feel like giving EVERY animal man to the Koopas might be a little much.

Wow, a LOT of stuff happened while I was writing this. I'll see what I can do with Fortal Combat.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 13, 2017, 05:20:03 pm »

Leech men.

Also, I can make giant mottled petrals and mottled petral men along with the normal ones. You'll probably want those, right?

*Edit, here are the petrals.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:MOTTLED_PETREL_MP]
[DESCRIPTION:A small black bird that feeds on carrion.  It is social, very intelligent and knows how to use tools.]
[NAME:mottled petrel:mottled petrels:petrel]
[CASTE_NAME:mottled petrel:mottled petrels:petrel]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:mottled petrel hatchling:mottled petrel hatchlings]
[CREATURE_TILE:249][COLOR:0:0:1]
[PETVALUE:10][NATURAL][PET]
[BIOME:ANY_OCEAN]
      [BIOME:ANY_LAKE]
      [BIOME:ANY_RIVER]
      [BIOME:ANY_POOL]
[VERMIN_GROUNDER][FREQUENCY:100]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:250:500]
[SMALL_REMAINS]
[BENIGN][FLIER]
[CHILD:1]
[DIURNAL]
[HOMEOTHERM:10071]
[SWIMS_INNATE]
[MUNDANE]
[NOT_BUTCHERABLE]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_FLYING_GAITS:900:691:482:251:1900:2900] 35 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_WALKING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph, NO DATA
[STANCE_CLIMBER][NATURAL_SKILL:CLIMBING:15]
[PREFSTRING:muted coloration]
[BODY:HUMANOID_ARMLESS_NECK:2WINGS:2EYES:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:GIZZARD:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:4TOES:BEAK:RIBCAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_MATERIALS]
[REMOVE_MATERIAL:HAIR]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_TISSUES]
[REMOVE_TISSUE:HAIR]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:FEATHER:FEATHER_TEMPLATE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:VERTEBRATE_TISSUE_LAYERS:SKIN:FAT:MUSCLE:BONE:CARTILAGE]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:BODY_FEATHER_TISSUE_LAYERS:FEATHER]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:TALON:NAIL_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:TALON:TALON_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:TOE:TALON:FRONT]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EGG_MATERIALS]
[SELECT_TISSUE_LAYER:HEART:BY_CATEGORY:HEART]
[PLUS_TISSUE_LAYER:SKIN:BY_CATEGORY:THROAT]
[TL_MAJOR_ARTERIES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:SINEW:SINEW_TEMPLATE]
[TENDONS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[LIGAMENTS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:SINEW:200]
[HAS_NERVES]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:BLOOD_TEMPLATE]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON]
[GETS_WOUND_INFECTIONS]
[GETS_INFECTIONS_FROM_ROT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:PUS:PUS_TEMPLATE]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:PUS:LIQUID]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:20]
[BODY_SIZE:1:0:500]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:LENGTH:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:HEIGHT:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[BODY_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:BROADNESS:90:95:98:100:102:105:110]
[MAXAGE:10:15]
[ATTACK:BITE:BODYPART:BY_CATEGORY:BEAK]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:bite:bites]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[ATTACK_FLAG_CANLATCH]
[ATTACK:SCRATCH:CHILD_TISSUE_LAYER_GROUP:BY_TYPE:STANCE:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:TALON]
[ATTACK_SKILL:STANCE_STRIKE]
[ATTACK_VERB:snatch at:snatches at]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:SECOND]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_BAD_MULTIATTACK]
[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:21]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:4:6]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:FEATHER]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:MOTTLED_GRAY_BLACKMP:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:feathers:PLURAL]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:EYE:EYE]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:eyes:PLURAL]

[CREATURE:MOTTLED_PETREL_MAN_MP]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:MOTTLED_PETREL_MP]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:ANIMAL_PERSON]
[GO_TO_END]
[SELECT_CASTE:MALE]
[CASTE_NAME:mottled petrel man:mottled petrel men:petrel man]
[SELECT_CASTE:FEMALE]
[CASTE_NAME:mottled petrel woman:mottled petrel women:petrel woman]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:PUNCH_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:KICK_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:TALON_SCRATCH_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:BEAK_BITE_ATTACK]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_BIPED_GAITS:900:750:600:439:1900:2900] 20 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_FLYING_GAITS:900:691:482:251:1900:2900] 35 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph
[GO_TO_START]
[NAME:mottled petral man:mottled petral men:petral man]
[DESCRIPTION:A small person with the head and wings of a mottled petral.]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:5:10]
[MAXAGE:60:80]
[CREATURE_TILE:'m']
[COLOR:0:0:1]

[CREATURE:GIANT_MOTTLED_PETREL_MP]
[COPY_TAGS_FROM:MOTTLED_PETREL_MP]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:GIANT]
[CV_REMOVE_TAG:CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC]
[APPLY_CURRENT_CREATURE_VARIATION]
[GO_TO_END]
[CHANGE_BODY_SIZE_PERC:40700]
[GO_TO_START]
[NAME:giant mottled petrel:giant mottled petrels:giant petrel]
[CASTE_NAME:giant mottled petrel:giant mottled petrels:giant petrel]
[GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:giant mottled petrel hatchling:giant mottled petrelhatchlings]
[DESCRIPTION:A large bird-like monster, even more deadly when found in groups.]
[POPULATION_NUMBER:30:50]
[CLUSTER_NUMBER:5:10]
[CREATURE_TILE:'M']
[COLOR:0:0:1]
[PET_EXOTIC]
[PETVALUE:500]
[MOUNT_EXOTIC]
[GO_TO_END]
[PREFSTRING:muted coloration]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_FLYING_GAITS:900:691:482:251:1900:2900] 35 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_WALKING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900] 1 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:9000:8900:8825:8775:9500:9900]

You'll need this color too.

Code: [Select]
[COLOR_PATTERN:MOTTLED_GRAY_BLACKMP]
[PATTERN:MOTTLED]
[CP_COLOR:GRAY]
[CP_COLOR:BLACK]
[CP_COLOR:WHITE]
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:16:05 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #389 on: December 13, 2017, 05:36:58 pm »

MottledPetrel - sent you a PM earlier, don't know if you saw it yet.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 100