Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280353 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #391 on: December 13, 2017, 07:07:53 pm »

All right, a lot has been happening today and I'm going to try to get to as much of it tonight as I can get to. Enemy post, I thank you for creating the birds on such short notice, there's so little actual information on these birds other than "they just exist and have nothing special about them". It pains me to point out that "petral" relates to the refining of petroleum, while "petrel" is a type of bird. I don't care enough to fix it and you don't have to either, for whatever reason everyone wants to spell it as "petral". Thank you for bringing attention to that pm ZM5, I didn't see it. Brown recluse spider man and leech men will be used as test races for the changes to the creature variation stuff.

Also, would the mottled color pattern be a descriptor raw? or something else?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:15:54 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #392 on: December 13, 2017, 07:17:26 pm »

I fixed the typo in their name, good catch. The color should go in descriptor_pattern_special.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 13, 2017, 07:26:04 pm »

You didn't have to fix it, but I appreciate you doing so anyways. I would also like to inform everyone that ZM5 has sent me a pre public release copy of his new Darkest Dungeon mod. I haven't seen much of darkest dungeon, but the parts that I have seen were pretty brutal, so this mod will do great with our current hell.

I have to admit, I laughed a little when I saw that it was labeled "Dwarfest Dungeon".

I've added everything in and made the necessary changes (that I've actually remembered to do, I haven't added the [SUPERNATURAL] tag to the mega beasts yet, but I will eventually), lets see how it goes.

Alright, it seems that all new errors have come from the ROTMK mod, I have yet to look into it. And we have our first crash, wonderful.

I messed around with the files a little, and it seems to be working better, but this is still turning up in the error log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The color token problems probably aren't that big of a deal, just wanted to point them out to anyone who would care. I have NO idea why the ITEM errors are coming up, but I'm open to suggestions.

Uhhh, is it a problem that everything has suddenly decided to be heinously bright neon colors?

Can I also ask just HOW this can even happen?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 08:46:52 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #394 on: December 14, 2017, 06:20:26 am »

Trees on the worldmap change colours with seasons.

If this was in worldgen, dont know - any of the mods add new aboveground trees? Cause that'd affect it as well.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 14, 2017, 07:31:49 am »

Looks pretty normal to me. Nice shade. In a mashup mod with lightsabers and meat castles, purple trees are far from bizarre.

For the errorlog issues, it must be a typo in the entity raws item permissions.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 14, 2017, 01:57:15 pm »

I believe it'll work if you just remove the "ITEM_" part of those, but I may be wrong.
For the colors, looks like you have not added some descriptor_pattern file from Rise Of The Mushroom Kingdom mod.

ZM5, why are you not releasing Dwarfest Dungeons now, if it is good enough to be entered for Modded Hell?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:25:40 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #397 on: December 14, 2017, 04:22:50 pm »

I did a quick fix for ROTMK.  The name for the color descriptor files were wrong, though strangely I didn't see any bugs on my own worldgen... I also added pedestals to all civs.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #398 on: December 14, 2017, 05:56:22 pm »

ZM5, why are you not releasing Dwarfest Dungeons now, if it is good enough to be entered for Modded Hell?
Waiting for the gf to make a tiny banner for it.

EDIT: Annnnnd also for the reason I expected - I messed something up and didn't notice it. One of the Witch castes didn't have a size set to it so they'd be microscopic.
@MottledPetrel I updated the link I sent you - the fix should work with an already generated world.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 06:39:03 pm by ZM5 »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 14, 2017, 07:24:51 pm »

Alright, I'll check those two fixes out. The fantastic races mod also seems to have been updated, fixing the problems I have previously stated here. What file are the witches in so I can only replace that one, because I don't really feel like replacing everything.
Thank you guys for getting this stuff out to me so quickly.

I replaced the creature_darkest_dungeon_invaders_zm5 file that contained the witches as a creature. If anything else needs to be changed to fix the error please notify me.

I don't know what happened, but the trees on the world gen map are back to normal.

Okay, turns out the trees on the world map aren't actually fixed. Koopa's are having trouble making it through world gen, but I fixed the problem with the weird item identifiers.

Who's idea was this and where did it come from

I may have found the culprit of the world map tree color changing, it seems that the new trees from the dwarfmon mod are colorful as fuck.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 07:51:27 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 15, 2017, 09:07:49 pm »

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. Is this a mod that allows a certain creature to turn other creatures into fruit, or a mod that allows a creature to turn itself into fruit? Either way, color me intrigued.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2017, 09:10:14 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 16, 2017, 02:24:05 am »

The lasersaurs are mine, they're from the LOLmod. There's no problem with the colorful trees, right?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 16, 2017, 09:32:36 am »

it allows a creature to turn others into fruit (any creature you give the interaction too)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 16, 2017, 10:10:52 am »

There's no problem with the colorful trees, it's just a little weird having neon lime green and bright purple trees interspersed with normal oak trees. I'm not sure if I want to give this interaction to the Koopas or not, it seems a bit too over powerful. A simple bar fight could easily turn into a fruit salad in seconds. But, I'll put it up to another vote, see what everyone thinks.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 100