Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 282633 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #405 on: December 16, 2017, 10:15:27 am »

A simple bar fight could easily turn into a fruit salad in seconds.
I want to nominate this for the quotes page. Even in-context it sounds absolutely bizarre.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #406 on: December 16, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »

I suggest making a rare plant that, upon being eaten, temporarily gives the eater the power to turn its enemies into fruit.

Alternatively, a vermin creature with a bite that turns its victims into fruit.

Mushroomization is already a status effect in ROTMK so it's not even the strangest thing here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 16, 2017, 06:11:42 pm »

Alright, I know the poll is saying that people want it to be for megabeasts, but I feel like the most "balanced" and "practical" method would be to apply it to a plant. I'm thinking we should give it to a special magical lemon (grown as a plant in a crop plot, not as a tree), where you can eat it to gain the ability to use at a near rapid fire rate for about 7 or so days. Lore wise, I've got some pretty good ideas. I'm thinking that instead of eating the lemon and just gaining the ability, the Koopa using it will instead tear the lemon in half, squeeze the magic juice into their eyes, and be filled with the all consuming rage of the ancient fruit lords who seek only to purge the world of all non fruit based life. I say this because I've already written the frame work of a hypothetical situation in which a random Koopa eats one of these lemons and begins screaming about how it has "become the instrument of the wrath of the ancient fruit lords. And through their will this world shall be reborn in their image". I then promptly send him into the caverns or at whatever invading force is present to transform anything that moves into a fruit. But I can easily change it if people decide they want to base this ability off of another plant. Because of this, I'm changing the poll.

Quote added. I feel like I might plaster that one somewhere on the first post as well, because that one will definitely attract interest.

I'd also like to point out that without dfhack we can't use the script for lawn mower self replication. Egg laying by far won the poll, so if someone can make the lawn mowers egg layers I'd appreciate it.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 06:36:21 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 16, 2017, 08:25:39 pm »

I'll write up egg lawnmowers when I get a chance. It shouldn't be difficult.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 16, 2017, 09:15:07 pm »

Is there something I can do to prevent grazers from dying of hunger while they're sitting on their eggs? My lazer stegosauruses keep dying when they lay eggs, and I wouldn't want the lawn mowers to die in the future fort.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 16, 2017, 10:15:10 pm »

I didn't know that grazing egg layers had that problem. I'll have to fix it sometime. Maybe put egg boxes in the pastures?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 16, 2017, 10:28:08 pm »

I do that, they just stay on the one tile that the nest box is on until they starve to death. They can eat the grass below the nest box, but that runs out before the eggs hatch. And then after the eggs hatch, the creature immediately lays another batch of eggs without moving away to graze first. I'm not sure if there really is a solution other than micro managing the pastures to have the grazers forced between them every once and a while.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 17, 2017, 12:06:24 am »

I figured as much, I just wanted to know if anyone had found any solutions for it. Your vote for pineapple has been noted.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 17, 2017, 07:45:24 pm »

Here are the egg-laying lawnmowers. You'll want to replace the old ones with these.

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:LAWNMOWER_MP]
[DESCRIPTION:A noisy machine that rolls across the ground and trims grass with a spinning blade.]
[NAME:lawnmower:lawnmowers:lawnmower]
[CASTE_NAME:lawnmower:lawnmowers:lawnmower]
[CREATURE_TILE:'h'][COLOR:2:0:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:lawnmower chick:lawnmower chicks]
[BENIGN]
[PREFSTRING:grass cutting]
        [NO_EAT][NO_DRINK][NO_SLEEP]
        [NO_FEVERS]
        [AMPHIBIOUS]STANDARD_GRAZER Disabled due to nest box bug. I suspect it might not matter because of the NO_EAT tag, but I don't want to test that.        [NONAUSEA]
        [NOPAIN][MEANDERER]
        [NOSKIN][GRASSTRAMPLE:100][NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
        [NOSMELLYROT][NOBREATHE]
        [NOEXERT][EXTRAVISION]
[BODY:LAWNMOWER]
[COMMON_DOMESTIC] [CREATURE_CLASS:LAWNMOWER]
      [BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[LARGE_ROAMING] [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:EGG_MATERIALS]
      [PET][TRAINABLE]
      [PETVALUE:300]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BLOOD:LAWNMOWERGAS_TEMPLATE]
      [STATE_COLOR:ALL:CLEAR]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:LAWNMOWER_MATERIALS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:LAWNMOWER_TISSUES]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:LAWNMOWER_TISSUE_LAYERS:LAWNMOWERSKIN:LAWNMOWERMUSCLE:LAWNMOWERPARTS:LAWNMOWERGASTANK]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:STANDARD_HEAD_POSITIONS]

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_HEAD_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RIBCAGE_POSITIONS]
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:HUMANOID_RELSIZES]

[BODY_SIZE:0:0:60000]

[ATTACK:BITE:BODYPART:BY_TOKEN:BLADE]
[ATTACK_SKILL:BITE]
[ATTACK_VERB:slice:slices]
[ATTACK_CONTACT_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PENETRATION_PERC:100]
[ATTACK_PREPARE_AND_RECOVER:3:3]
[ATTACK_FLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK_FLAG_EDGE]
[ATTACK_PRIORITY:MAIN]
[DIURNAL]
[SMELL_TRIGGER:90]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_QUADRUPED_GAITS:900:675:450:225:1900:2900] 39 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CLIMBING_GAITS:6561:6115:5683:1755:7456:8567] 5 kph, NO DATA
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_SWIMMING_GAITS:5341:4723:4112:1254:6433:7900] 7 kph
[APPLY_CREATURE_VARIATION:STANDARD_CRAWLING_GAITS:2990:2257:1525:731:4300:6100] 12 kph, NO DATA
[SWIMS_LEARNED]
[MUNDANE]

[CASTE:FEMALE]
[FEMALE]
[LAYS_EGGS]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGGSHELL:SOLID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_WHITE:LIQUID]
[EGG_MATERIAL:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[EGG_SIZE:80]
[CLUTCH_SIZE:1:5]
[CASTE:MALE]
[MALE]
[SELECT_CASTE:ALL]

[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:BODY_UPPER:LAWNMOWERSKIN]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1:GREEN:1:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:casing:SINGULAR]
[SET_TL_GROUP:BY_CATEGORY:GASTANK:LAWNMOWERGASTANK]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:RED:1:GREEN:1:BLACK:1]
[TLCM_NOUN:gas tank:SINGULAR]

My creature pack has also been updated to take the grazing egg-layer bug into account. Here's the fix for the lasersaurs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3lq82rywemm1r9v/creature_lolmod.txt?dl=0
My mods and forum games.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 18, 2017, 01:52:02 am »

@Enemy post - How did you fix it? I was thinking about a syndrome that gives NO_EAT when the EGG_SPENT counter trigger reaches zero.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 18, 2017, 02:25:05 am »

I just made them stop grazing.
My mods and forum games.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #417 on: December 18, 2017, 03:16:24 am »

But doesn't that defeat the whole point of lawnmowers?  If you can't have grazing egg layers I think we should ditch the egg laying, not the grazing.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 18, 2017, 06:21:53 am »

I was just going to raise the grazer efficiency really high and then sporadically move the nest boxes so the grazers have to move over edible grass.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 18, 2017, 11:08:49 am »

Dwarf me, any profession is fine. Gimme a war dog, if possible.
Later, I'll put up my creature mod. It consists of two snakes, one of which can fly and has a rare caste that can breathe fire, called the "Avian serpents". The other ones are called swarm serpents, which are basically just regular snakes that start out small and get VERY much bigger over time, but have a chance to die of old age after ~10 years.
You think this would be a worthy addition? Shouldn't conflict with anything, I don't think.
EDIT: Code:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 02:15:28 pm by MrLurkety »
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 100