Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280354 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #420 on: December 18, 2017, 04:25:04 pm »

Thank you for the addition, I will add it some time tonight. And don't worry about confliction stuff, I say that more as there are plenty of mods that are in here that are designed to be stand alones that create their own unique world. When we patch them all together it's just really amusing seeing how all the things that once had special features for their unique world interact with everything in the newly created mosh pit. That, and how they react to me purposely fucking everything up for no good reason. So, this is your mod so if you don't want me to touch it I won't, but would you mind if I gave those snakes you said were starving to death in the forts some really muscular human arms for no good reason? And then we could slap the CAN LEARN stuff back in? Them being considered a pet isn't a problem, they'll still function properly, but I think they'll be reserved to only hauling and military work. This is also a second meaning of how I use the word confliction, we take something, and then we break it into something more numerous and fort ending.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #421 on: December 18, 2017, 04:36:04 pm »

Thank you for the addition, I will add it some time tonight. And don't worry about confliction stuff, I say that more as there are plenty of mods that are in here that are designed to be stand alones that create their own unique world. When we patch them all together it's just really amusing seeing how all the things that once had special features for their unique world interact with everything in the newly created mosh pit. That, and how they react to me purposely fucking everything up for no good reason. So, this is your mod so if you don't want me to touch it I won't, but would you mind if I gave those snakes you said were starving to death in the forts some really muscular human arms for no good reason? And then we could slap the CAN LEARN stuff back in? Them being considered a pet isn't a problem, they'll still function properly, but I think they'll be reserved to only hauling and military work. This is also a second meaning of how I use the word confliction, we take something, and then we break it into something more numerous and fort ending.
Sure, I don't care if you do that. It's your world/idea. Do whatever you like!
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 18, 2017, 04:50:58 pm »

Should we start a new thread once the mod is ready and the fort begins? It might help attract new readers, since they wouldn't have to read through 30 pages of planning.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #423 on: December 18, 2017, 05:06:01 pm »

I think that'd be a better idea, yeah.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 18, 2017, 06:55:05 pm »

Should we start a new thread once the mod is ready and the fort begins? It might help attract new readers, since they wouldn't have to read through 30 pages of planning.
I agree, even though this is hilarious.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 18, 2017, 07:27:26 pm »

I was just going to put a link at the top of the first post that takes you to the page where the game actually started, wouldn't want people to miss the modded hell experience of innefficiency  :P. (could someone tell me how to insert a link into a word, so I can just be like "find the start of the game here") If people want me to start a new thread in order to attract more clean minded innocents I will do so when I'm done with what we currently have. I would also like to report that I "accidentally" made the fire breathing snakes have arms also made out of fire, as well as having those arms come out of their eyes. Whoops. It doesn't really work, so I'm going to try to fix it. As for what I really think needs to be done before we start:

1. Give the Koopas six arms, make them metal (maybe), remove nerves because of all the stupid limb disabling nerve damage (I'm basically a nerve damage magnet, so I got fed up with all my Koopas walking around with two unusable arms dangling by their sides), give them a few moves from pokemon (so an unarmed Koopa isn't strangled to death by any snakes with fire arms coming out of their eyes that just happen to be wandering by), helmet snake bite (maybe, my experience with this is that they never use it, so it shouldn't be that much of a balance issue), suggestions on what else to give them will be taken into account
2. Decide what to do about the over abundance of bugs in the dwarfsday holiday mod
3. Add lucele's weapon mod (I most likely butchered the name)
4. Find someone to apply the fruit interaction to a farm plot growable lemon
5. Asin has informed me that his goblinoid mod only needs to weapons from Grimlockes realism mod, so I'll try to add them
6. I'm going to try again to add orichalcum, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get it to work because I haven't been able to do so in the past (I'd also like to know if this is the mod in masterwork that allows cobaltite to be refined into cobalt, or if someone could direct me to what does that would be nice)
7. Get these sneks to either work with the fire eye arms, or just add them in as normal
8. Finish the quotes section (or at least get a little closer)
9. Uhh, I think that's about it, I know I'm going to walk away and come rushing back as I remember things, but these are the most important parts that need to be in
10. Wait a few days for final testing and final submissions

And thus concludes my presentation, I'll be collecting your notes at the end of class for a grade. Depending on how well this goes and how many problems come up this should probably only take one more week or two depending on how the holidays are for me and how much I feel like doing it. My secret project isn't anywhere near complete enough for it to possibly get into this iteration of modded hell, so I guess I'll put that on hold until I've got the ship up and running. After the ship is up and running I'll still be accepting mods, but they won't be wedged into the existing world for potential stability issues, they'll be put into storage for future use. Oh, I also gotta add the egg laying lawnmowers and have them as a creature that the Koopas always have. I'm not yet sure how to use the new animal conditions, so I'll see how that goes. Just an FYI, I got no sleep last night, to explain how rambly and terrible this PSA was. Keep up the good work everyone.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 18, 2017, 07:51:50 pm »

You can put placeholder text in place of a link by doing:
Code: [Select]
[url=link]placeholder[/url]
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 18, 2017, 08:20:19 pm »

-snip- I would also like to report that I "accidentally" made the fire breathing snakes have arms also made out of fire, as well as having those arms come out of their eyes. Whoops. It doesn't really work, so I'm going to try to fix it. -snip-
I am fine with this. Also, the fire breathing snakes are just rare births of the comparatively "regular" flying snakes.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 18, 2017, 08:28:56 pm »

All right, no promises on me actually getting it to reasonably work. Also, I think something might be up with the game, sheep wool yarn is appearing as bright lime green and llama wool yarn is showing up as deep blue. Also, a good amount of Koopas are walking around with bright green plus signs flashing on them.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 18, 2017, 10:23:51 pm »

-snip- I would also like to report that I "accidentally" made the fire breathing snakes have arms also made out of fire, as well as having those arms come out of their eyes. Whoops. It doesn't really work, so I'm going to try to fix it. -snip-
Sigging this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 19, 2017, 07:49:39 pm »

Glad to see my ramblings are keeping people questioning their existence. My innate ability to suck at all things creature files has prevented me from getting the fire eye arms to work, so I'm not sure how that's going to end up. I've also discovered that there's a pretty hilarious glitch that happens when you remove the existence of sand and then embark in a sand desert. My teachers have decided to cram a month's worth of work into this one week before christmas break, so I'm not sure how much I'm going to be able to get done this week, but I'm going to try to keep progress moving. If someone can create a lemon that temporarily gives the fruit change ability that would be greatly appreciated. Link to that mod here for anyone who aspires to the challenge.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=167566.0

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #431 on: December 19, 2017, 08:16:44 pm »

I've also discovered that there's a pretty hilarious glitch that happens when you remove the existence of sand and then embark in a sand desert.
I'm afraid to ask, but what happened?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 19, 2017, 08:29:35 pm »

So I didn't discover this, but I found mention of it in another thread and then tried it out for myself. Instead of the sand being nothing, sand tries to be EVERYTHING. For whatever reason each tile it's a completely different material and color, leading to the desert becoming the strobe light floor of an LSD filled night club. As you can imagine, having the each tile of ground flashing between adimantium and plump helmet tissue makes the game incredibly unstable, but VERY entertaining. My eyes are still healing from it. I only got it to work once, but if I get it to work again I'll try to take a screenshot of it for everyone.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 08:48:26 pm by MottledPetrel »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 19, 2017, 11:41:04 pm »

Someone just discovered raw duplication for the first time. :D Fun, isn't it?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #434 on: December 20, 2017, 01:03:43 am »

I suggest renaming the koopas to "mongrels" since they, like the mod itself, are a horrific and random amalgam of conflicting parts.  This will help to avoid confusing new readers.

Then you can also add the original koopas back in as an invader race.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 100