Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280355 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #465 on: December 24, 2017, 12:46:14 pm »

May I be koopa'd?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #466 on: December 24, 2017, 01:29:36 pm »

Most certainly, any preferences on what you want to be? I've got some more story positions I need to fill and I'd rather have koopa'd people fill them, but if you've got a certain way you want me to portray your character I'll do so. I intend to put WAY too much effort into the story for this fort.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 24, 2017, 01:50:33 pm »

Most certainly, any preferences on what you want to be? I've got some more story positions I need to fill and I'd rather have koopa'd people fill them, but if you've got a certain way you want me to portray your character I'll do so. I intend to put WAY too much effort into the story for this fort.
Male Crossbowkoopa or Markskoopa. Whatever the term is. Also, if you give me dialogue, just basically make me the fort's equivalent to Duke Nukem.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 24, 2017, 02:01:52 pm »

I was going to have a character be a koopa equivalent of Doom Guy to go along with all the doom demons we have in the caverns, but I guess I could have a Duke Nukem koopa as well. Even though he'd have crossbow or bow skills I could still give you some actual guns, I've modded those in. I think I'll give him a hand mortar (I think those are in, but if they aren't I'll give him whatever next powerful gun there is) to both fit the persona and to make you an almost literal walking tank. I'm going to have to do some research because I've never actually played a Duke Nukem game, chances are he'll probably morph into a Serious Sam somewhere down the line because I've played a few of those games.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:04:32 pm by MottledPetrel »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 24, 2017, 02:11:36 pm »

I was going to have a character be a koopa equivalent of Doom Guy to go along with all the doom demons we have in the caverns, but I guess I could have a Duke Nukem koopa as well. Even though he'd have crossbow or bow skills I could still give you some actual guns, I've modded those in. I think I'll give him a hand mortar (I think those are in, but if they aren't I'll give him whatever next powerful gun there is) to both fit the persona and to make you an almost literal walking tank. I'm going to have to do some research because I've never actually played a Duke Nukem game, chances are he'll probably morph into a Serious Sam somewhere down the line because I've played a few of those games.

Real guns are even better. And I'm also fine with being a Serious Sam as well.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 24, 2017, 02:27:23 pm »

On an unrelated note, I have found that the merchants are selling dimple cup seed clothes and cave wheat seed chests. There were items made out of other types of seeds but these were the most common. I'm not sure if this is a bug or if some mod added this without me realizing it.

Also, someone ate the koopa fat before I could test it. Another something flew by and there was more fat fired, but I didn't see any land as a complete glob, so I'll have to wait to see how someone gathered a full glob of fat from the attack.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2017, 02:35:28 pm by MottledPetrel »

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 24, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »

(new to forums guy here) I like the fat but it seems too useful. You should switch it to something like hair.

"yes... bring the hair... vomit it upon my silvery scalp..." -UristMc Baldkoopa
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 24, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

Welcome to the forums stingpie, what a great first conversation for you to find here on these lovely forums. I'll have to think about the hair, but chances are I'll probably add it. If the thunder attack is causing this then I'll be able to do it fine. The attack is broken up into 5 separate attacks, I can just have the attacks alternate from fat to hair. I'm sure you'll do fine here if you're already coming up with such great dwarvenly koopaly ideas.

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 24, 2017, 02:47:58 pm »

Thanks for inviting me! I'm happy to be here

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 25, 2017, 12:12:31 pm »

So I just had a Nosferatu suck the blood out of half my fort, are they invaders or just evil land animals? Mental note, sending an unarmed militia against a blood sucking super person is not a good idea.

Alright, a master of the dead just showed up. I'm fucked.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 12:33:06 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #475 on: December 25, 2017, 12:50:20 pm »

They're basically rare wild encounters in evil biomes - aside from that they only appear as night trolls or cursed individuals, neither of which attack in fort mode I think.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 25, 2017, 01:05:26 pm »

No, no, they went out of their way to try to kill everything and anything. I had to kill the Nosferatu before he'd stop drinking people's blood, but the master of the dead flew off scared after all of his ribs and his spine were ripped off by the dinosaurs. Lucky for me I was able to clear out the corpses from the Nosferatu attack or I would have had a zombie infestation on my hands.

After that some pompas bastard shows up and decides to use some of our valuable paper to write his crappy life story. He isn't even an adventurer or anything, he's a pansy philosopher who hasn't done anything except debate his whole life.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2017, 01:15:35 pm by MottledPetrel »

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 25, 2017, 01:17:56 pm »

Cegad Nusbisamo-----------------------------------  Guest / Whine about everyone else

no one can deny this

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 25, 2017, 01:22:06 pm »

I had to kill the Nosferatu before he'd stop drinking people's blood, but the master of the dead flew off scared after all of his ribs and his spine were ripped off by the dinosaurs.

I nominate this for the quote page.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 25, 2017, 02:02:00 pm »

Cegad didn't even write an autobiography about himself, he wrote a book about HOW to write an autobiography about yourself. Now everyone in the fort is going to start getting ideas and start writing about their own life stories, thinking I'll care.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 100