Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280379 times)

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #495 on: December 27, 2017, 09:58:51 pm »

All right, guess I'll have to actually walk around to look at things until the first migrant wave.

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Modded Hell: a hectic collection of conflicting mods (Almost ready to start)
« Reply #496 on: December 28, 2017, 01:18:58 pm »

Requesting to join the Koopa Troop, as whatever's funny.

This is a goldmine through and through. If there are any unmolested raw files left in the game, I'll happily pollute them with nonsense. Post-worldgen raw changes are a little picky, but far from impossible to work with, if desired.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 28, 2017, 02:22:12 pm »

You've got some time to make the raws even more of a bio hazard than they already are before we start, what do you have in mind. I'd like to refrain from post worldgen raw changes for stability reasons, I'd hate to have the game break half way through for no conceivable reason. But until then, submit what you want.

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 28, 2017, 02:33:01 pm »

I think I would be a nice lore master, I'm preetty good with making stuff up.

I've already come up with some:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2017, 04:04:29 pm »

Necromancers in the arena raise creatures as members of their own group. If they are independent of groups, so will be the zombies, and so the necromancer fights the zombies.
I believe the reason the body part zombies were easily killed, may be because Toady One made it so zombies can usually only be raised if they have heads or grasps. Since teeth probably don't have that(you should add teeth with hands now.), it is probably that after they are hit the game is looking at their bodies to see if they no longer have those body parts, and since they never had those, they instantly die. If a zombie with a functioning head and grasps dies the same way as the others, I have no idea what is happening, as is usual for this mod.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2017, 04:11:31 pm »

That, that was actually pretty good. Lore master it is then! I had some preexisting ideas for lore, so I'll tie your rendition into it. I was also going to have one of the magikoopas try to explain the magical reasons for why everything sucks and wants to kill them. I have a bad habit of buying way too many books from the caravans, so I'm sure you'll have plenty to research. I'm off to migrate everything to the new update, if everything goes well that should be the last change I have to make before we start, but I'll give you guys a heads up so you can find any last minute submissions or give preliminary character stuff if you so choose. Be aware that I've got about 2 or 3 story posts I'm going to be doing before I actually settle the fort.

I guess that explains what was happening with the teeth then (but don't teeth have the GRASP token? Zombie teeth usually work fine), but there were plenty of fully functioning corpses that were just dying. I'm predicting that there will be a lot of "WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON" moments because of this, but at this point I wouldn't expect anything less from this pack.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 04:16:51 pm by MottledPetrel »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 28, 2017, 04:18:02 pm »

We are starting soon? Has my animal suggestions get added?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 28, 2017, 06:23:02 pm »

Uh, what were those suggestions again? I added the billdads if you were the one who wanted them.

This has to be some kind of record.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 06:50:21 pm by MottledPetrel »

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 28, 2017, 07:03:34 pm »

I took a couple hours and wrote this, I hope it captures the egocentric, communist, & out right wrong veiwpoint of the Koopas.

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 28, 2017, 07:15:54 pm »

You did a great job of capturing the self centeredness of the koopas, any race that writes 341 books about lawn mower care but can't be bothered to even learn about the existence of any of their neighbors is definitely a winner. Is this going to be an ongoing log as we learn more about the horrible denizens of this world?

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 28, 2017, 07:17:45 pm »

yes, I'm hoping to update it whenever you come out with an update of the fortress.

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 28, 2017, 07:25:51 pm »

I'm putting the link to it under the pitiful lore section I already have on the front page. In addition, I'm making lawnmowers a animal that the koopa civ will always have. Doing this reminded me that the self replication was only made possible because of dfhack, because dfhack hasn't been updated to the new version yet we have defaulted to egg laying lawn mowers.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 28, 2017, 07:36:40 pm »

No? I just looked and the most recent version of dfhack is for 43.03. Or is there now somewhere else they're posting it than the official dfhack thread?

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 28, 2017, 07:45:22 pm »

They made a new thread for the post 64-bit release: here.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 100