Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280458 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: The Beginning of Modded Hell (Finally Started)
« Reply #555 on: January 03, 2018, 10:38:43 am »

What's your policy on Mimikyu? We've got some of them laying around.
My character just thinks they are Pikachu.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #556 on: January 03, 2018, 11:02:31 am »

You should definitely hand over most of the weirder pets, i.e occulas, or anything thats eldritch/eldritch-lite to my character. I'd imagine he/she would be some kind of weirdo occultist koopaborg.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #557 on: January 03, 2018, 02:09:43 pm »

Just give my guy an unhealthy amount of what ever cap naps are. Just a ridiculous amount of them.

These guys.  And yeah, they're pretty pointless.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 03, 2018, 03:53:48 pm »

Yes, for whatever reason the laser Ceratosauruses are only worth one embark point, so I'll definitely be taking some. as for the capnaps, we can always do with more cannon fodder. Which reminds me, I've got a final question to ask all of you before I found the actual fort. There's no way in hell that I'm taking a 'safe' embark for modded hell, so I have two potential sites I'd like to pick from. There is a grassland (or some other mundane biome, I don't quite remember) that puts us within range for a TON of civs, most of which are hostile. And there is an evil mountain within range of a good amount of civs, but less than the other site. I'm going to get the exact details of each site later tonight as well as put up a pole so this can be properly voted on, but I'd like to know your thoughts on the situation beforehand.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 03, 2018, 04:14:29 pm »

I'll wait and see what civs each site has before deciding, but I also think that we should try to embark on the edge of a biome if possible. Being in two biomes gives more animal variety since the game draws from each zone.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #560 on: January 03, 2018, 04:24:44 pm »

Yeah, if we could get a dual (or more) biome embark it'd be great - same for the neighboring civs.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 03, 2018, 07:03:13 pm »

Sorry, I should have been more specific. There are two specific region tiles I'm looking at as possibilities, within those region tiles I'm going to be doing a 6x6 and attempt to get as many biomes within it as possible, the evil mountain is just going to be one of those if we so choose so. Getting the information now so we can properly judge them.

Here we go:

First location. More neighbors and a flux stone layer, but only one biome. A move in any direction on the region map has us lose neighbors.

Second location. Haunted mountain and surrounding grassland and badlands. None of the biomes have a flux stone layer and only the mountain is heavily forested.

Any more information that people want?

Also, for reference, our main Koopa fortress is to the top right of that desert at the top of the pictures.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:22:26 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #562 on: January 03, 2018, 07:54:24 pm »

I vote for the second location - seems like it'd be more fun.

Also, I can't help but kinda laugh that amidst all our weird and occasionally hostile neighbors, we have generic, normal human neighbors.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 03, 2018, 08:24:25 pm »

Poll is up. And yeah, I never thought about the humans being the last untampered with civ. I can't wait to see what fresh hell their lives are like in this world.

Also, does anyone know how good datamined metal is in comparison to the normal vanilla metals?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 08:51:23 pm by MottledPetrel »

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 04, 2018, 05:32:53 am »

Considering the sheer number of mods, I think any location have a potential to be !FUN!, but the possibility of encountering zombie lawnmowers is really exciting.

Anyway, would a zombified mow rotom be a zombie lawnmower possessed by a ghost, or a lawnmower possessed by a zombie ghost?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #565 on: January 04, 2018, 07:17:35 am »

Poll is up. And yeah, I never thought about the humans being the last untampered with civ. I can't wait to see what fresh hell their lives are like in this world.

Also, does anyone know how good datamined metal is in comparison to the normal vanilla metals?
I can only speak for my own pack, but I've explained the new metals I've added here.

Some stuff has changed - eternium's a more balanced one right now, titanium has more of its rl properties (its actually light, still cannot be used for weapons though) and khorium is sharper (but still garbage for armor - if you get khorium armor pieces I recommend melting them immediately).

EDIT: Oh, quick question - when do you think you'll upload the save? I'd be really looking forward to exploring stuff in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:39:45 am by ZM5 »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:02 am »

That zombie mow rotom is going to haunt me, but I believe it would be a lawnmower possessed by a zombie ghost. When this poll is done I think I'm going to create a poll about that, because that is the unsolvable question of the century. It seems that location two is winning by a land slide, but I'll give it a few more days to see if it evens out. I was asking about datamined metal because every time I play I see it fucking everywhere, but I'm always too scared to use it because I don't know its properties. As for the save, I at least want to found the fort and run it for a season or two, so people can go visit their favorite fort and see how it's doing. I also wouldn't mind if someone could look through legends mode and try to actually work out this worlds story. Also, am I writing too much? I know some people probably just want this fortress to start already, but I'm having a great time developing the story before we set off. Either way, depending on what strokes of inspiration I get, I've got probably one more post while we're in the mountain homes and then one for the journey out to the site. I've got some ideas for unrelated events that could happen along the way, but if people want I could be like 'we walked in silence the whole way and made great time. Eventually we made it to the site.'

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #567 on: January 04, 2018, 11:55:16 am »

Myself I'm very fine with the story and other little writing flavours trying to make sense of this chaos. I mostly just want to look at the world itself and legends, see what notable people and beasts are in it.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 04, 2018, 12:05:25 pm »

...possessed by a zombie ghost.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #569 on: January 04, 2018, 12:23:42 pm »

I feel oddly nostalgic now.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 100