Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280321 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: The Founding of Modded Hell (Took Long Enough)
« Reply #750 on: January 21, 2018, 06:50:18 am »

Oh damn, is it still with the default embark size?

Mind sending the world file? I wanna see if it can embark on my end. Though it seems like a regen might be neccessary, since something's clearly fucky.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: The Founding of Modded Hell (Took Long Enough)
« Reply #751 on: January 21, 2018, 10:39:11 am »

I tried founding at another location with only like 2 animals and it worked fine, I'm going to try a different side of the evil mountain and see if it will let me found there. If that doesn't work I'll post the save and see if anyone else has any luck with it.

So, I've concluded that it's either the area or the animals that are causing the problem.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:57:14 am by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Fixing of Modded Hell (Something Went Wrong)
« Reply #752 on: January 21, 2018, 01:51:14 pm »

So, it seems to me that we now have three options:

1. Go through extensive testing to try to get the desired location to work
2. Just found the fort somewhere else
3. Gen a new world and go from there

I'm going to put a poll up, but just know that if option 3. is picked that also means that I will be updating mods and possibly adding a few more in while doing so. Mod submissions will be open again for a little while, but then there will be a little bit of a wait while I do testing and bug fixes. I will also dump the previous save here so you guys can fuck around with it and have some parallel universe Modded Hell stuff.

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 21, 2018, 02:17:39 pm »

There's been already a lot of waiting for the fort to be founded. Even though this is modded HELL, I still think we should go somewhere eventually.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 21, 2018, 02:59:21 pm »

Voting 2, potentially along with providing the save for bystanders to debug. The more eyes combing over this, the higher the odds of diagnosing and fixing the inevitable hiccups. Actual eyes with some kind of comb-like appendage may be involved.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 21, 2018, 06:57:12 pm »

The voting is pretty even so far, if option 2 is picked I'll found the fort and then dump the save here for anyone who thinks they can iron out things. Sorry for the hiccup guys, I know you've been waiting patiently for the fort to start and I appreciate your continued help, hopefully I'll have it up and running soon.

Oh, and apparently 'modded' doesn't exist as a word in the koopa dictionary, so the official name of the fort will be modesthell, because that's as close as I can get. But it will be known as moddedhell, and story wise I'll just be like 'they didn't even spell our name right in the papers'.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 07:06:29 pm by MottledPetrel »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Ominous message.
« Reply #756 on: January 22, 2018, 10:52:29 am »

We should try somewhere else, and if that doesn't work, try to regen.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
no u
« Reply #757 on: January 22, 2018, 11:01:23 am »

I agree with imic, and i think my subject is funnier when taken into someone else's context.

EPM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 22, 2018, 11:27:42 am »

The idea of "modest hell" is pretty funny though. No, we don't have a Semi-Molten Ceiling, and the walls are just made out of soil layers for the most part, but we're doing our best you know. The well is plastered in blood, vomit, and transformative slime. Miasma chokes the halls, nobody has all six arms working, the piranha plants keep jamming doors open, and the local weeb won't shut up about the beta male, who's too busy trying to avoid eye contact.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 22, 2018, 12:15:25 pm »

All right, in the interest of saving time I'm going to take the results of the most recent poll and just found the fort in the other location that was thought about. For those who don't want to go back and search through the thread for the details of that location, here it is again:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll post the initial embark screenshots once I have it up and ready.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Refounding of Modded Hell (Hopefully Goes Smoothly)
« Reply #760 on: January 22, 2018, 12:36:14 pm »

SUCCESS!

Welcome to ModestModded Hell!

Our humble wagon has arrived in a mostly flat grassland with a river running through the middle, we must delve to secure lodgings for there is death circling above us at all times

I don't remember who submitted this one, but it's your lucky day, for they are the first wild animals of Modded Hell. I'm shaking in my boots a little because they're circling right over the wagon.

It also appears that one of the ninjis is the expedition leader, this isn't exactly a rare occurrence with this pack but it really hurts to know that the mountain home thinks we're so incompetent that an animal can lead better than we can.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 12:38:35 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 22, 2018, 12:40:09 pm »

I wonder which pack changed the intro. Also looking forward to the dilophosaurus attacks. I've been wanting to test their behavior in natural conditions.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 22, 2018, 12:50:51 pm »

I was wondering if that was from the new update or not, I have no idea what actually did it. I didn't even know you could change the intro at all.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #763 on: January 22, 2018, 01:33:19 pm »

Really hurts to know that the mountain home thinks we're so incompetent that an animal can lead better than we can.
Noko, in a squeaky voice, protested the notion of being called a mere "animal".
"Hey! I've got degrees in fluid engineering, geography, necronomics, geology, magmaology, and Pelagic dance therapy! I'm not just some uneducated peasant from the lowlands! Or, even worse, Vanilla Hell!"

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 22, 2018, 01:42:40 pm »

You forgot to mention that he has his own heavy metal poetry band. He's the lead singer/speaker, and he's coming up with the dances to go along with his new hit singles 'The Blade of Persuaders' and 'The Fortuitous Intricacies'. Ironically, both of his dances 'The Quiescence of Tweeting' and 'The Festive Veneration' are therapeutic pelagic dances. Wow, Noko is already becoming a full blown character.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 100