Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280307 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pranking of Modded Hell (Mildly Easter/April Fool's day Special)
« Reply #990 on: April 04, 2018, 09:27:15 pm »

Haven't posted in a while, but I think I will have a IC post out by Saturday.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 05, 2018, 06:44:25 pm »

I've seen it happen before, its just a koopa from our civ taking the identity of someone from another civ. Nothing broken - members of different species can't intermarry and I don't think even our shenanigans would cause that to break.
Is that a challenge? I forgot that identities had been added, and that with it a christmas elve could disguise himself as one of the many iscodecohedrons rampaging around our world.

I'm kinda expecting the next siege to just be a bunch of dinosaurs, birds, and nothing else, seems about right for this...
It would definitely be fitting, but I don't think that bringing dinosaurs that flip people off that cause EVERYONE to attack them is really going to go well for them. Them bringing actual carnivorous dinosaurs would really suck, but my best guess is that they're going to bring either cave monsters or common domestics, which is basically all of the starter pokemon, which would still suck.

I don't think they bring war animals on the very first siege/ambush - so thankfully we probably won't have dinosaur war right from the start.

I'm still putting my bets on it being cannibals that harass us first, since they have a headstart when it comes to sieging tokens. That's gonna get weird once they do start bringing in animals though - chainsaw-wielding maniacs riding in on dinosaurs.
I've had them bring war animals on the first invasion, don't worry. Luckily they all happened to be war caoti (basically raccoons) and giant vultures, and not some modded annihilators. Cannibal invasion would be interesting, considering we already have one koopa who likes cannibal leather.

I'm writing this in the middle of reading your second to last update, so it may be unnecessary, but you could cook the berries in the kitchen. I think so, anyway. I may be wrong.

EDIT:I think in the relationship screen it would specifically mention his species if not koopa.
However, you can't marry someone in DF not of your species, anyway.(though now that I think of it he could've been transformed by something after the marriage.)
He could have been born in a completely different civ.
You could check from for his name in the language files. And see if it is in fact a koopa name.
Cooking the berries hadn't crossed my mind, because when I think berry I think 'if it isn't edible when it's picked, it ain't going to be edible ever'. I'll take a look in the raws to confirm this as well as find the language that spouse is using.

necromancy will undoubtedly be used near the dinosaur flesh tower though...
I didn't make the meat block mod, so I have no idea how the meat tower will stand up to that. I'm 97.4% sure that nothing will happen because the meat blocks are considered normal blocks by the game, but it will be great for story telling. I'd also like to point out, that there are a number of mods that add things that act like necromancy that are 100 times worse, like one where they raise the zombie in a full suit of iron armor, or make it composed entirely of hard gem...

i lost it at "mottledpetal-san"
*clap clap clap*
I'm glad you liked it, I was unsure if you really wanted me to go along with the 'weeb for human culture' thing we came up with a while back. If you've got anything specific you want me to do to your character, let me know.

Haven't posted in a while, but I think I will have a IC post out by Saturday.
I'll be glad to read it, always good to have extra input on the story that is still somehow coherent.

Finally, sometime this month there is going to be a time where I'm not going to be able to play for like 2 weeks, do you guys just want to have this take a break and just have unofficial personal character stuff, or do you want me to pass off the save so someone else can have a turn for a while? There's a lot of individual little things you'd have to do to the game to get it to work optimally, so I'd have to give some substantial prep on what to expect if we want the fort to last longer than a few months.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #992 on: April 05, 2018, 11:44:07 pm »

Oh, did i never respond? I thought it was hilarious and was OK with it.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #993 on: April 05, 2018, 11:45:55 pm »

Well, i'd love a general purpose release of the save. I'd love just to see how far the game has gone on it's own version of going insane.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 06, 2018, 09:30:04 pm »

I'm thinking about sending our entire military up north to try to raze a cannibal village to both try to incite them into attacking and to test out the raid system that I haven't successfully used at all yet. In theory, it should only be a day or two's trip, so they'll only be gone for like a few in game minutes. What say you guys?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 06, 2018, 09:42:39 pm »

Do it. Either it works or it horribly breaks everything. We win either way!
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 07, 2018, 02:57:26 am »

Absolutely.  Send them our welcoming committee, see if they want streamers and balloons.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #997 on: April 07, 2018, 05:28:18 am »

I'm on board with that. Hope we can get some neat loot out of it as well - perhaps some dino pets or other weird animals, along with weapons to arm our koopas with...though said weapons would be the likes of chainsaws, pitchforks, or machetes.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:34:15 am by ZM5 »

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 07, 2018, 06:06:30 am »

I'm thinking about sending our entire military up north to try to raze a cannibal village to both try to incite them into attacking and to test out the raid system that I haven't successfully used at all yet. In theory, it should only be a day or two's trip, so they'll only be gone for like a few in game minutes. What say you guys?
Sounds good.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 06:08:36 am by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 07, 2018, 10:39:25 am »

Remember: make sure you blame the cannibals for attacking their own village, and then attacking modded hell.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1000 on: April 07, 2018, 10:55:31 am »

Remember: make sure you blame the cannibals for attacking their own village, and then attacking modded hell.
I'm thinking there'd be an underground resistance radio host in the koopa mountainhomes talking about it on his show, "Info Koopas", and getting accused of being a cannibal agent.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 07, 2018, 11:37:13 am »

Well, that seems like enough of a resounding yes to go ahead with it.
I'm thinking there'd be an underground resistance radio host in the koopa mountainhomes talking about it on his show, "Info Koopas", and getting accused of being a cannibal agent.
I laughed for a good minute at this one. I think I might use this idea for my eventual lore update for the mountain homes where koopa Alex Jones claims that the Cannibals were putting chemicals in the water that were turning the friggin' frogogs gay.

After the first attack on the cannibals should we keep attacking them, or choose another target so we can piss everyone off?

The attack on the cannibals might have to wait...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 12:27:58 pm by MottledPetrel »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1002 on: April 07, 2018, 01:21:35 pm »

We can change up the targets - we do have circus freak hamlets nearby, yeah? Those could be fun to piss off, hee hee hee.

I almost want Koopa Jones to be a migrant so we can put him in the military and reenact this amazing piece of art, but I feel he'd work better as a background character.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 07, 2018, 01:37:26 pm »

I've marked out the political map of the area in the update I'm working on right now, but I'll lay out the important part. The cannibals are actually five days travel and the koopa mountain home is busily wailing on them, but not a days travel to our east is a Forum civilization that we're at war with. I was considering pissing of the cultists just south of them, but I feel like we might as well pitch into an already active war. Unfortunately, the site with the lowest population in that empire is still a pretty substantial 75, so I might be sending my koopas on a suicide mission if they have any reasonably sized army... but I gave each fighter a war laser-ceratosaurus, so who knows.

Uhh, the entire military has been gone for almost two months now, and they were attacking a site that was less than a day's travel. The world screen says that they're still traveling, does anyone know if there's a way if I can figure out if they all died or if they're just stuck in transit?

I'm going to be pissed if this is actually the case
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:31:41 pm by MottledPetrel »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: April 07, 2018, 02:37:19 pm »

Normally, I'd think that would be a game-breaking bug, but the idea of our entire military abruptly deserting seems to fit here.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 100