Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 279642 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: The Panic at the Modded Hell Rave (First Real Attack and Uploaded Save)
« Reply #1050 on: April 14, 2018, 11:02:30 pm »

it is literally seconds after unpausing.

I've spent most of my time so far just going through the error-log and decoding the foreign language it presents to me.

Then I decide to let it run and bam! Siege!

About twenty or so Forumites on war-trained rapidashes and horses.
     Edit:
Spoiler: Image (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 11:08:20 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: April 14, 2018, 11:08:50 pm »

war-trained rapidashes
We're all going to fucking burn...

I think I might just send someone expendable to go get the rapidashes to go supernova and incinerate the invasion force. Either that, or they're going to turn our defending force into a smoking slag puddle. This is going to be interesting.

Also, I can only imagine how unhelpful a graphics pack is with all this foreign modded stuff.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: April 14, 2018, 11:13:22 pm »

It's only in Modded Hell that even the fucking god of chaos and disorder gets torn to shreds by a horrible monstrosity.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 14, 2018, 11:18:22 pm »

The Forumites use the same tile as trolls, and the Rapidashes use the hand you can see in the middle there.
     It has been a few weeks and they seem to be content simply chilling up in the northwest corner of the embark.
     Actual count now they all seem to have arrived is 38 forumites, 16 war-trained Rapidashes, 22 horses.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #1054 on: April 15, 2018, 03:13:59 pm »

The new stress system will undoubtably kill modded hell with stress  :P

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 15, 2018, 03:22:57 pm »

It's only in Modded Hell that even the fucking god of chaos and disorder gets torn to shreds by a horrible monstrosity.

This is going in the quotes section.

The new stress system will undoubtably kill modded hell with stress  :P
Considering the large amount of stress inducing syndromes added by ZM5's mods, there are going to be plenty of things for the koopas to 'dwell on'. Because of my limited time and the fact that right on the cover Toady comes out and says "The values might have to be adjusted" I'm going to wait a little to make sure that everyone doesn't just go insane the second I add it. Plus, I've got a siege bigger than the fort to deal with first...

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 15, 2018, 03:42:30 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 15, 2018, 06:12:13 pm »

That is not only a nice piece of artwork, but also incredibly fitting because KoopaUnknown just singlehandedly defended the fort from 110+ invaders... while on fire. I'm not sure I know what the diamond eye represents, but I like what you did with the increasingly complex shapes. Actually, I'm thinking that eye might represent the eye of Mottled Petrel (the god, not the koopa) as he orders the koopas to defend his base so he can finish his work. That one's going in the art section.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #1058 on: April 15, 2018, 07:48:43 pm »

This fort didn't make sense before. Now it makes even less sense. *clap clap clap*

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17:28 pm »

In the hallway of a fledgling koopa fort, a koopa stands next to another koopa who is curled up into a ball on the floor. The standing koopa nudges him.
---
     "Sir" Darkening Kaos said as he nudged Mottled Petrel with his foot "Sir, it would appear the horsemen of the apocalypse are on our lawn.".

Mottled Petrel looked up, confused "The forumites have assembled a seiging force many times larger than our entire population in addition to a whole slew of warbeasts, including rapidashes. It seems that they are intent on wiping us off the map in a bloody smear.".

Mottled Petrel's expression turned grim "No matter what we do, the entire countryside will be reduced to ash as soon as we engage. Alright, send out the fighters. Tell them to get the rapidashes to incinerate the forumite forces with friendly fire, and then to come right back. Any stragglers caught in between are fair game." Mottled Petrel said, but deep down he knew it was a suicide mission. The still wounded military soon rushed out of the gate, knowing full well that they might never come back. On the way to the main invasion force to the far north, they intercepted a war plump helmet man who was making a b-line for the fort. The koopas promptly eviscerated it. Another war plump helmet man showed up next, and wags punched its head clean off without so much as blinking. The next straggler was a forumite marksmite, who promptly entered a martial trance when the fighters got close. The fighters were actually completely unable to land a hit on the marksmite for several minutes, but eventually wags was able to saw his left arm off, causing him to drop his laptop. After that wags cut off his other arm, and then his left leg, and while still in a martial trance he was now unable to do anything other than weakly kick. KoopaUnknown impaled the marksmite and then turned to face the main group of forumites who were now riding closer.

Next to the forts entrance screams can be heard, a single war plump helmet man had sneaked around and attacked Nokop the carpenter who was in the process of burying Set. Surprisingly, he already had an iron halberd on him, but refused to use it because he was busy carrying the corpse of his friend. From the battlements of the meat tower Mottled Petrel yelled down "You're in your own squad now! I want you to put down that corpse and kill that thing!". But it was too late, Nokop was too injured to defend himself, and there was nothing Mottled Petrel could do.

At this point Wags decided that it was time to take a nap instead of time to defend his home, and promptly left the battlefield to do so. That left only KoopaUnknown and TheRedWolf, as Lord_lemonpie had been sleeping before the fight started and rainbowdashfanboi84 had come up with another excuse to not be present. Noticing this, KoopaUnknown turned and took TheRedWolf's hand in his own "I'll zee you in valhala, brother", and then ran into the incoming rain of bolts and fireballs.

(Every animal here has a forumite rider on top of it)

Before he even reached the crowd of rapidash riding forumites, he was on fire, but that didn't stop him. Consumed by the rage caused by his hatred for all things capitalist, he continued to charge the line despite being completely engulfed in flames. This caused the horses the invading horse was riding to freak the fuck out, some ejecting their riders to run away in terror, but most took their riders with them as they ran.

A small group of forumite fighter still remained determined to fight, and chose to try to kill the isolated TheRedWolf instead. She surprisingly held her own against the 10 forumites on rapidash-back, cutting off the head of one and then cleaving a hole through the heart of its rider. But that was as far as she got before she had to resort to blocking, which quickly caused the injuries to pile on. After a few minutes of desperate defense one of the rapidashes ended her life by caving in her skull with its hoof. At this point there was a small inferno surrounding KoopaUnknown, who seemed to be completely unharmed by the fire that was engulfing him.

The marksmites made an attempt to fire at him from the edge of the fire, but KoopaUnknown didn't flinch as arrows filled his arms. And to the bewilderment of all present, as the fire ran out of fuel in the middle it expanded out but died in the middle, revealing that KoopaUnknown was still undamaged by the fire and had also had the fire that had engulfed him put out. For the first time ever since Mottled Petrel laid eyes on KoopaUnknown a look of calm fell over him, the rage that had once consumed him had been replaced by something that looked like... enlightenment.

As the forumites tried to figure out what the hell was going on, rainbowdashfanboi84 sneak attacked the group from behind, sending yet more rapidashes running in fear. Even as KoopaUnknown's flask exploded from the heat at his side, he used the tip of one of his tridents to kick up a swirl of ash. Said ash began to shimmer and converge into patterns more complex than could be achieved than by a simple air current. He stretched his arms towards the sky just before a bolt founds its way directly into the back of his neck, tearing the nervous tissue. Almost as if the fire understood what had happened, it leaped forward and ignited the marksmite who had fired the shot.

KoopaUnknown fell to one knee, the heat the steel bolt had picked up traveling through the fire had cauterized the wound, so he had time. Rainbowdashfanboi84 was also taking her sweet time getting to the scene to aid her superior, but by now most of the invasion force had fled. And as it turned out, Rainbowdashfanboi84 hadn't come out to saver her boss, but instead picked up one of the swords from TheRedWolf's corpse to bring back inside. However, being fired upon by the few remaining marksmites was enough to change her mind.

One of the marksmites was stuck in a tree, soon to be engulfed by fire, while the other one was still next to the growing fire. Sensing this, KoopaUnknown spit a volley of lightning that almost tore the marksmite asunder before sending it flying backwards. Next, rainbowdashfanboi84 fired a volley of lightning at the marksmite stuck in the tree, and successfully snapped its neck. The marksmite fell face first onto the ground, and rainbowdashfanboi84 moved in to finish the job.

Above the fight can be heard a deafening chopping sound, followed by a strong downdraft that caused the fire to burn even hotter.

A hellacopter thief had decided that now was the perfect time to take advantage of the chaos to loot the battlefield, as well as to spread more fire than was already present. As KoopaUnknown still kneeled on one knee and Rainbowdashfanboi84 began to put an end to the marksmites the hellacopter started its gun run.

Unfortunately, the hellacopter arrived on the other side of the fort from the current battle, so there was a high chance that it would attack the animals before it attacked the fighters.

It would appear that rainbowdashfanboi84 didn't notice that she had dislodged the marksmite from the tree, and had climbed up into it to get at him. Now she was stuck, as the fire continued to advance. Despite being within the tree, she was somehow able to use her trident to nail the marksmite below her to the ground by impaling one of his arms. She then reached down with another hand like a spider descending from its web to gut the marksmite with her steel claw. Having dealt the marksmite a death blow, she pinned his other three limbs to the ground with her other three tridents before hacking away at the helpless marksmite's body with he steel claws.

Having killed or driven off all of the forumites (except for one that was stuck within the fire on a small outcrop of stone) rainbowdashfanboi84 walked to go back inside, and KoopaUnknown waited within the growing ashland within the ever expanding ring of fire. As the fire ring grew and left only ash behind, the remaining axemite stepped out into the ashland that KoopaUnknown was currently imprisoned in. KoopaUnknown slowly got up to his feet, picked up the tridents he had stuck into the ground, and rushed at his final opponent. For the first strike he swung one of his trident as if it were a war hammer and reduced the axemite's blocking hand to a lump of meat and jagged bones. Still recoiling from the attack, the axemite didn't even notice that his other arm had been completely cut off until he tried to use his bloody stump to counter attack with his sword. Finally, in revenge for his comrades who had been lost, KoopaUnknown stuck one of his tridents into the axemite's head so hard that it went completely through it and into the tree behind him. The points of the trident could be seen coming out of the back of the tree later.

The only threat that now remained was the hellacopter, who was slowly flying his way around the right side of the fort, waiting for an opportunity. With one of his tridents, KoopaUnknown kicked up another cloud of ash. This time, however, with a few waves of his tridents he arranged the cloud of ash into a ring floating in front of him. Mottled Petrel couldn't see it clearly from his vantage point atop the tower, but there appeared to be ashen runes within it glowing brighter with each passing moment. KoopaUnknown waved his hand and the ash ring blew away, but in addition to this it put out a section of the fire in front of him, granting him access to the area outside of the fire's path. Still with a bolt lodged firmly in the back of his neck, KoopaUnknown began walking back to Modded Hell, the home he had just saved from certain doom.

With the enemy dealt with, there was still the matter of the fire that was raging across the country side. Hastily, Mottled Petrel ordered the construction of a fire break, but many of the workers complained about 'dangerous terrain'. Luckily, the fire was unable to cross the wet, tilled soil, and the brook kept the fire started by the helacopter at bay.

The fire break was made in time, saving the animals from the spread of the fire. The next order of business was for Mottled Petrel to visit KoopaUnknown in the intensive care unit. MoonyTheHuman and Urlance Woolsbane were working fervently to save the hero, but Mottled Petrel noticed something. KoopaUnknown's shell didn't connect with his gauntlets, leaving a stretch of exposed upper arm which had been mercilessly cut. "Nuku, I want you to make four chain mail shirts, preferably long enough to cover the upper arm." Mottled Petrel called back to Nuku, who he saw was carrying the corpse of Nokop to the crypt. Nuku shook his head "I'm sorry sir, but the koopa people don't know how to make that particular armor type." Mottled Petrel shook his head "Well what are we supposed to do about their upper arms?". Nuku shrugged "Training is all we can give them.". Mottled Petrel looked back into the hospital to see Moony and Urlance flip KoopaUnknown onto his stomach and then tentatively poke at the bolt coming out of the back of his neck.

A visiting hammermite tapped Mottled Petrel's shoulder, Mottled Petrel turned around and recoiled thinking that a second invasion force had sneaked into the fort while he wasn't looking. "No, no, no, it's not like that. I just saw the fight and I'm impressed by the fighting spirit of the koopas. Also, I've noticed that you've got a hellacopter problem. So, I'd like to know if I could live here for the purpose of slaying monsters.".

Mottled Petrel narrowed his eyes, the hammermite before him was wearing a full set of bismuth bronze armor with a steel war hammer and datamined wiki article, he would probably be able to hold his own. "Suuuuuuuure, just be aware that we're currently at war with your people, so if things get weird you're going to have to fight for us." the forumite gave a hearty laugh that shook his beard "Oh don't worry, I'm from the other forumite civilization around these parts. We're sworn enemies to the one you're currently fighting against. But I work best alone, so chances are you'll find me fighting things in the caves instead of training with your team. Speaking of which, I pay my respects to that one you've got in there" he pointed to KoopaUnknown "If anyone is going to keep this fort together, it's going to be him.".

Mottled Petrel looked at the koopa who now had his neck fastened in the traction bench. His arms were covered in in old scars, new scars, and stitches that would soon give way to scars. His right cheek still hadn't healed, but it was quickly coming to resemble a large welt, and the doctors were busily debating as whether to leave the bolt in his neck or not. His armor was was discarded and thrown all over the floor. It was chipped, dented, and covered in soot but still incredibly sound. Finally, on his back was what appeared to be a tattoo, but upon closer inspection it appeared to be made entirely out of ash. Neither doctor had any idea what to make of it, but his neck was the more pressing matter. 'If anyone is going to keep this fort together, it's going to be you." Mottled Petrel thought, as he gave a quick prayer of thanks to Pekkoog, the koopa god of healing and fire for giving KoopaUnknown his blessing in his time of need.

---
KoopaUnknown was completely on fire, flashing in the units screen and everything, but walked away unscathed. We really need to up our defenses... The forumites REALLY don't take their fights sitting down, and chances are they'll bring an even bigger fighting force next time. Also, the fort just started and no one in the fort cares about seeing their friends die in front of them, when I burrowed everyone someone dropped the corpses of that random fighter who died right in the middle for them all to stare at, and no one cared. This is going to be a good fort, I can taste the confusion already.
This fort didn't make sense before. Now it makes even less sense. *clap clap clap*
Hope it make even less sense for you now  :P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 08:22:21 pm by MottledPetrel »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Burning of Modded Hell (110+ Invasion and Horrible Forest Fires)
« Reply #1060 on: April 15, 2018, 09:43:32 pm »

Okay, is there ANY hardcoded function we HAVEN'T broken

stingpie

• Bay Watcher
  • Shokmug Onor will never die
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: April 15, 2018, 10:07:06 pm »

KoopaUnknown so far has: a mysterious tattoo made of ash, a scar left after the inside of his face melted, and magic.

guys, I think we found harry potter.
The dwarven atom is made of !!TURKEY GOBLER!! remains

no one can deny this

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 15, 2018, 10:08:31 pm »

The Koopa Who Lived.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #1063 on: April 15, 2018, 10:19:27 pm »

Yer a wizzard, Koopa!

AzyWng

• Bay Watcher
  • Just one of many
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 15, 2018, 10:51:56 pm »

I'm going to try to keep up with this... this madness.

So help me God.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 100