Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280428 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: The Burning of Modded Hell (110+ Invasion and Horrible Forest Fires)
« Reply #1065 on: April 16, 2018, 03:34:06 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Still up on the battlements, Darkening Kaos squints as the last of the forumites is dealt with, KoopaUnkown stumbles back to the fortress under his own power.  I know that he is really hurting, but, for the sake of the dumbstruck koopa's around us, he does not show it until he is safely ensconced in the hospital.
     By the time Mottled Petrel returns to the battlements, most of the fires have gone out although columns of smoke still drift up lazily from smouldering piles of red coals.  Darkening Kaos has not moved, but turns slightly at the approach of the overseer, "It is highly likely that the Forumites will use this path to assault our fortress next time", said slowly and thoughtully, "building a tunnel filled with cage and weapon traps to thin out their numbers before we send out our warriors might be ... profitable"

So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1066 on: April 16, 2018, 04:32:56 am »

You can just make statues in any shape now and design your own image - no reason to keep reloading a save.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 16, 2018, 05:30:41 am »

Okay, is there ANY hardcoded function we HAVEN'T broken
You know its going good when you have to ask this question.

Can we get a new save?  I want to make dozens of statues until one of KoopaUnknown striking down forumites while on fire turns up.
Yeah, you could custom make it really easily, but I'll do it if people really want it.

Also, does anyone know if there will be any adverse effects if I make it so that shells cover the upper arm too? Because currently the koopa people have no armor that covers that area.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 16, 2018, 05:45:23 am »

Yeah ...  I've been away from DF for a few years and not quite back into play mode, there are a few things I have to discover and re-discover.  A new save will have the battle in the history log, and it is just more organic for me to queue up 50 statues and see what crops up randomly, rather than decide to create 50 identical statues and keep the best, sell the rest.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 16, 2018, 06:55:13 am »

Okay, is there ANY hardcoded function we HAVEN'T broken
The ascii tileset seems to be okay for now.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 16, 2018, 04:03:31 pm »

I know my character isn't a mechanic, but may I suggest a trap design?

A door, a levered bridge, a door, alternating sets of 3 cage traps and 4 weapon traps for as long as you like but preferably long(I myself usually out this in 3-wide corridor), and then a door, a levered bridge, and a final door.

You can lock the doors to both keep koopas and invaders out while you raise the bridge, and you can also reset traps in the middle of a siege by locking the front bridge and lowering the indoor bridge for a bit. I like to let in a few invaders, raise the front bridge, when they die lower bridge again, repeat.
Although you can just let the entire invading force through and have your army at the end of the hall/around a corner between the bridges and raise the inner bridge in case the army loses, if you prefer it that way.

Oh, also if you see a hellicopter gunner or helicopter King, do not engage. Believe me when I say that, I made 'em.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2018, 04:05:37 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 16, 2018, 05:17:09 pm »

I'll put it on my list, but right now I've got about six other suggestions as well as my own personal favorites, so at this point it's kinda just turning into one big super trap.

I've had some BAD experiences with hellacopter gunners, now I know who to blame for all the dead koopas of my earlier test forts  :P .

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 16, 2018, 06:59:45 pm »

All I have for suggestions are some torture chambers. This is looking !!fun!!.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 17, 2018, 08:16:55 pm »

In light of the recent giant invasion it has been made obvious that we probably won't be beating anyone in a fair fight anytime soon. To combat this I will now lay out the plan for the Master Trap, encompassing as many suggested tactics as I can remember plus my own.

To start it off, I will did channels leading down into four wide, long hallways that converge into a central point to form a +. In the center there will be a number of capnap chained up to draw in invaders. In the halls leading to the capnaps, there will be a 1 by 1 natural floor in the center covered in a mix of cage and weapons traps and the areas between this floor and the walls will be empty pit covered by bridges. When the invasion force comes in through the hall to get to the capnaps I will either have a pressure plate thing I was shown or use levers to pull the bridges out from under the preliminary force and cause them to fall into the pit. After that, the rest of the force will be funneled over the 1 by 1 bridge over the traps that will either cause them to dodge fall off into the pit or be captured. At the bottom of the pit (If they are to survive the fall) will be a secondary manner of traps as described by Darkening Kaos, and then anyone else who survives that level of traps will be flushed into a drowning chamber. Anyone who survives THAT will just be emptied out into the caves for the cavern creatures to deal with. I'm not too sure as to the actual amount of invaders that this will attract and what area will be best suited for it, but I'm going to put it right in the path of where the forumites came from last. Of course, I'm going to iron out the details after I actually start trying to make it, but anyone see any issues in my logic here?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 18, 2018, 02:30:04 pm »

Well, there is no magma.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 20, 2018, 06:16:41 pm »

Not sure if you guys really care, but I just wanted you to know that in my quest to understand the raws better so that I can successfully mangle them while still keeping the game running improve the Modded Hell experience I made a mod that I decided to post. I can't add it to Modded Hell now that we've started, but if you want to contribute to a mod that will evidently be in the second installment of Modded Hell, or just want to see what I came up with, you can find it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170384.0

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
Re: The Panic at the Modded Hell Rave (First Real Attack and Uploaded Save)
« Reply #1076 on: April 24, 2018, 10:34:18 am »

This fort didn't make sense before. Now it makes even less sense. *clap clap clap*

If this fort ever starts making sense, we'll all have reason to be worried.
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 26, 2018, 06:15:19 pm »

I may have a suggestion for this !!fun!! "hell" make a "maze" but have so it really is just water with all the !!fun!! liquids/ Syndromes that you have, all dumped in to it  ;)
also posting to track
ps could I be koopaed
I would like to be a craftskoopa
and tell puns lots of puns puns to the point of PUNishment XD
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 07:00:15 pm by Lunardog15 »
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #1078 on: April 26, 2018, 10:39:26 pm »

ono it's an escaped lunatic run  :P

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 28, 2018, 07:59:36 am »

ono it's an escaped lunatic run  :P
that was mean :(
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 100