Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280319 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: The Continued Burning of Modded Hell (It Just Keeps Getting Worse)
« Reply #1140 on: May 15, 2018, 09:33:27 am »

Huh. I made them with copper, or possibly iron. I am fairly sure I didn't give them adamantine flesh. Not 100% sure, though.
The DEMON creature class doesn't make it immune, unless other people made their stuff not work on DEMON classed creatures.
I doubt NOT_LIVING twice would matter, but yeah remove one just to be safe.
Could you perhaps show the entire creature, instead of just that part?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 15, 2018, 02:29:45 pm »

I'll post the entire creature file when I get a chance, but I took a look at the copy of the mod I have and it was in fact set to copper. The other issues mentioned were still there though, so I'd imagine I fucked with it at some point? I don't remember doing so or why I would, but something happened and it has been fixed, hopefully. Next time I get a chance to play I'm going to remove [IMMOLATE] and the set temperature to see if that fixes the attack problem, as well as I'm going to try to make it that shells cover the upper arm. I don't know if either of these will work midgame, but I'm going to try.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 16, 2018, 05:47:55 pm »

For reference when I inevitably come back to find what I did to fuck up the game, I have gotten rid of immolate and fixed temp from the hellacopters and added UPSTEP:1 to shells.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm at least starting the next update tonight, but this might end up being a small one to wrap up the giant mess I left the fort in.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 16, 2018, 07:09:58 pm »

On top of a tower composed of muscle still surrounded in scaffolding, a koopa is busy trying to collect his senses on the floor. Out on the field that the tower overlooks is a machine busy tearing another koopa apart.
---
     'Maybe if I just lay here for a while, the hellacopter will get bored and leave.' Mottled Petrel desperately thought as he lay on top of the meat tower. From out on the field before him a distinctively loud set of gears ground to a screeching halt. Mottled Petrel got to his knees and peered over the edge of the battlement. The hellacopter, who was still attacking the new migrant Nokoopi, no longer had the distinctive shimmer around it that told onlookers that it was blisteringly hot.

Meekly, Mottled Petrel's eyes flicked down to the main gate as the fighters who had been waiting at the gate noticed it too. KoopaUnknown didn't notice it though, as he was still walking raggedly towards the hospital after days of one sided fighting.

Surprisingly, the effort wasn't necessary because the hellacopter finally began breaking down from the damage it had sustained during its rampage. Nokoopi still cowered below its metallic form as the hellacopter slowly ground to a halt. Whatever internal engine that was once regulating the hellacopters temperature went thermonuclear, reducing the hellacopter to a cloud of steam and a melting pile of metal.

When Nokoopi finally opened his eyes from behind his torn eyelids, all that was left of his assailant was a lopsided copper bar.

He picked it up with his last good arm to see that a twisted expression of rage was still poking out of the bar. Nokoopi threw it away in fear, before collapsing from pain to wait to be rescued. Unfortunately, the gaping hole in his right lung didn't bode well for his survival.

The hellacopter still in the air decided that he might try his luck elsewhere.

Mottled Petrel let out a sigh of relief and slumped down against the wall. His breather was cut short by a liquidy growl that resounded from the very earth itself. Mottled Petrel groaned, and then slumped to lay face down on the floor.

SQman walked up to the roof of the tower a few minutes later "I, uh, I drew the short straw sir. Do you want the good news or the bad news first?". Mottled Petrel looked up and rested his chin on the floor "You really need to work on your presentation, but I'll take the good news first." SQman held a small shell before him that he was previously holding behind his back "The armorsmiths think they have solved the upper arm problem". SQman pushed a button on the back of the shell, and 3 sets of pauldrons popped out of the shell, supposedly to protect the wearer's upper arms "We don't know if we can patch existing shells to have the same effect, but new shells should in theory be safe.".

'Well that's one fortress ending concern out of the way... wait...' "What's the bad news?" SQman put the small shell down and began fishing around in his shell for something else "A forgotten beast has come. There's vomit soaking through the little peep hole we left in one of the wall, and that vomit is mixed with some kind of white saliva. We think it looks a little something like this." SQman said as he presented a piece of paper.

Mottled Petrel let his face fall to the floor again "Don't worry sir, we have yet to take down the wall closing off the caverns, and the cavern traps are beginning to be installed.".

Mottled Petrel waved off the furnace operator "Thank you for the report, but unless there are any immediate problems I need a fucking nap, *yawn* I haven't slept in days. Too busy watching the fight...". Mottled Petrel fell asleep before he could finish his sentence, and SQman took his leave to go back to whatever he was doing before he drew the short straw.
---
I'm not sure if it's related to the raw changes, but the hellacopter died all of a sudden a few minutes after unpausing with no new injuries.

Also, we've got a vomit blob... huh...

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Relief of Modded Hell (Some Things are Kinda Better?)
« Reply #1144 on: May 16, 2018, 07:12:47 pm »

A vomit blob shouldn't be too difficult. We should have a few of our bigger dinosaurs kill it, just for the entertainment value.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 07:20:01 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 16, 2018, 07:18:01 pm »

Presumably the latent heat in the area around it melted it to death

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 16, 2018, 07:19:37 pm »

Better yet, we've got about 50 bob-ombs now, I'm considering pasturing them in the caverns so that they can reduce the forgotten beast to a smoldering crater. But yes, dinosaurs are good.

Also, Nokoopi had both of his lungs mangled beyond recognition, and in the time it took someone to just pick him up he now only has a bruised right lung...

I hadn't considered that the latent heat might have done it, but two invalid koopas were in the area without burn damage, and I don't think that copper has a lower boiling point than skin.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 16, 2018, 07:40:00 pm »

A. In this modpack, it very well might
B. It's not unheard of for armor to boil off while the wearer is distincly not (atleast, in DF it isn't)
C. It could be the latent heat in the creatures materials, from when it was superheated

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 16, 2018, 07:47:36 pm »

Well as long you don't get whatever syndrome it's spit has you should be fine, it is made of vomit after all. You probably don't need much to kill it, 50 bob-ombs might be a little overkill for it, but there's no kill like overkill.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 17, 2018, 07:32:33 pm »

no there was a time that he said that
tho it is sort of obscure (as in it is no longer there) I think it is the one where he "broke twitter"
Found it, it was when the April fool's Garden comic's release was delayed (messages bolded):
The xkcd April 1st comic is currently experiencing technical difficulties.
Please stand by!

Early Saturday April 2nd the message was updated:

The xkcd April 1st comic is currently experiencing technical difficulties.
Status update: Please stand by.
Status update: This is fine. Everything is fine.
Status update: Everything is on fire.
Status update: Searching for calendar systems in which Saturday is April 1st.

Later on Saturday the message was again changed to:

The Friday xkcd comic is currently experiencing technical difficulties
[Editor's note: Everything is on fire] and has been delayed until Sunday night.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 07:34:26 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: May 17, 2018, 07:36:16 pm »

I think "Status update: This is fine. Everything is fine.
Status update: Everything is on fire." should be the motto of this fortress, now that I think about it.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: May 17, 2018, 08:12:51 pm »

Status update: Everything is on fire." should be the motto of this fortress, now that I think about it.
+1

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: May 18, 2018, 03:47:13 am »

+1
++1
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: May 18, 2018, 05:29:30 am »

Modded Hell Checklist
Six armed turtles: Check
Meat towers: Check
Fire: Check
A laundry list of broken features: Check
Followable story line:
Attack hellicopters: Check
Obscure references: CHECK

Guess I'll put that motto thing in the quotes list.

Lunardog15

• Bay Watcher
  • I bring hell (aka eternal PUNishment)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: May 18, 2018, 04:00:14 pm »

Modded Hell Checklist
Six armed turtles: Check
Meat towers: Check
Fire: Check
A laundry list of broken features: Check
Followable story line:
Attack hellicopters: Check
Obscure references: CHECK
bad puns CHECK

Guess I'll put that motto thing in the quotes list.
fixed that for you
everything is fine
 everything is on fire
I see no difference between these two phrases.
only at modded hell does this make sense
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 100