Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280385 times)

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

"Shoots out cheese webbing"????!?!?

Yes, now I want it even more, it shall be mine.  My Precious......
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile

I'm going to call a stop to the voting on Monday and try to steal whatever book is currently winning, but I might do an update before then. Any idea if the newest update is compatible with the current save that I started in like 44.02? I'd imagine it would break more stuff if I jumped versions, but the most important thing is that the game still runs at all.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, I assume it would be, since Toady said older saves should work and have new features as well, so I think it should

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

The secret of dragons will likely lead to even more things being set on fire.  Whether you see that as a good thing or a bad thing is up to you.

I say, go for cheese.  There is nothing that does not become better when cheese is added, including fortresses.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I mean, more fire would be terrible for me, but I'm sure it would be very entertaining for you guys.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the more important questions are:
           1: Can you collect the cheese webbing, loom it into cloth and make clothing out of it? or,
           2: Can you still eat it, or put it into food, as if it were regular cheese?

Both of these questions can assume different levels of ewww, depending on how the cheese webbing is emitted.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, that is a very good question. Considering the raws have it as a web spray interaction with the web spray material being cheese, I would think that I could say yes to both of your questions. But of course, we need to actually test it, and even if its supposed to work that way it doesn't mean that it does in Modded Hell.

Also, I would imagine eating cheese webbing would be a lot like eating string cheese.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I imagine it to be more like grated mozzarella, before it is put on pizza.

...  and now visualising the chef waiting for combat and running around with discs of dough waiting for a profitable emission before it goes in the oven.......

Also, I can see the practitioners of this outstanding secret ability sitting around a campfire discussing, in all seriousness, the relative merits of, say, camembert versus cheddar.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:43:14 pm by Darkening Kaos »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Unless the cheese material is given the silk-related tags, you won't be able to collect it and turn it into cloth, and cheese webs won't register as edible.

However, if you give the material a BUTCHER_SPECIAL tag, you might be able to chop up undead cheese golems into edible chunks.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You know, that is a very good question. Considering the raws have it as a web spray interaction with the web spray material being cheese, I would think that I could say yes to both of your questions. But of course, we need to actually test it, and even if its supposed to work that way it doesn't mean that it does in Modded Hell.

Also, I would imagine eating cheese webbing would be a lot like eating string cheese.
Now we just need to put it in aerosol cans.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

Aurum System

• Bay Watcher
  • (Gai, and others) (They/Them collectively)
    • View Profile

Unless the cheese material is given the silk-related tags, you won't be able to collect it and turn it into cloth, and cheese webs won't register as edible.

However, if you give the material a BUTCHER_SPECIAL tag, you might be able to chop up undead cheese golems into edible chunks.
I've given copper has a web material and had it recovered and spun into cloth, I couldn't do anything with it besides melting it though.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 03:15:51 pm by Madd »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

profitable emission
I never want to hear this phrase ever again, even in context.

It seems like a clear victory for The Book of Coagulation, so I'm just going to throw the new version into it and invade. It's time to put on the big boy shells and throw caution to the wind.

I'm just going to preface this with, WHOOO BOOOY there's a lot of broken features and key bindings in this version.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 03:35:13 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Was there anyone else who wanted a koopa besides Scourge?

Uh, I'm going to have to reschedule the recovery of the Book of Coagulation, turns out having extreme wealth attracts unwanted attention...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 07:26:54 pm by MottledPetrel »

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What piece of essential, hardcoded reality broke this time?
The sad part is that I don't actually know if its a hardcoded function that broke this time or if it was already modded in. Do the constituents of vile forces of darkness usually have the ability to raise the dead?
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 100