Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which secret containing book should we steal first?

Creatures Uncovered (Concerns the secrets of the beast warrior)
- 5 (6.5%)
Misconceptions About The Dragonlord (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 10 (13%)
Foundations of Blizzards (Concerns the secrets of wind and air as magical weapons)
- 6 (7.8%)
The Meaning of Dragonfire (Concerns the secrets of dragons)
- 4 (5.2%)
Book of Coagulation (Concerns the secrets of legendary cheese making)
- 42 (54.5%)
Look for more books, I want a different secret
- 1 (1.3%)
Let's just steal a slab and hope for the best
- 9 (11.7%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100

Author Topic: The Resurgence of Modded Hell (Back, Still Broken, Now With Giant Butterflies)  (Read 280375 times)

thefriendlyhacker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bleeding of Modded Hell (Insect vampires and more cheese)
« Reply #1455 on: November 13, 2018, 11:02:31 pm »

I believe the current modded hell is on a short hiatus, it should be back sooner or later. After it is done another fort with more mods should be started. Considering there are three (?) pony mods having one of them be included seems plausible.
I could totally prep a modified version of Fallout Equestria that can slot neatly into this if it is wanted.

I do have two questions though, if I end up doing this:

Should I copy the list of special stable pony entity reactions and stick them in a text file so they can be copied into to the player entity, allowing the player to assemble robots and anti-material rifles and stuff?

If yes to the previous, should I strip out the casting system's requirements for a magic source and appropriate magical heritage to do magic interactions, so all creatures can learn all magic spells given the right stuff to teach them with?

I am presuming that you aren't playing as stable ponies in your next fortress or anything like that, poster suggestions of "My Little Fortress: Modding is Hell" not withstanding.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 11:16:59 pm by thefriendlyhacker »
Fallout Equestria Redux - that's right, it's back

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: November 20, 2018, 08:12:07 am »

I heard of a mod called erm megamix? we could use that in the next modded hell if it still exists with the mods we currently have and the ones I suggested

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #1457 on: November 20, 2018, 08:18:45 am »

Could add my Diablo mod as well if we're gonna be doing a second one - should prove to be a nice addition to this chaos.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #1458 on: November 20, 2018, 09:00:27 am »

I'd like to see this one come to a conclusion first, but I've got a bunch of others to add to the next one, including Mortal Kombat, Undertale, and Rick and Morty if I ever get around to finishing it.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: November 20, 2018, 11:50:55 am »

I also have mods unfinished, in fact none of my mods are finished

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: November 20, 2018, 12:00:14 pm »

You know what I'd like to see? 
Some app to let me checkbox civs, then I click to include those in a new world gen I am about to make. 

And might as well include a printable text log that is includes
[CivTagName] [CivName] [CivDescription]
[ModFilename]
i.e.
WoW-Orcs - Orcs - World of Warcraft Orcs
"civ_wow_orc_.txt"

So this text log is copied to the save folder and pretty much a summary of the mods for the civs included.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: November 20, 2018, 12:57:13 pm »

I'm also working on a mod, hopefully it'll be done by the time the next fort is ready.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #1462 on: January 31, 2019, 06:23:11 pm »

What's the status on the next update? Will the Koopas make their rightful comeback any time soon, or is the DF-burnout still present?

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 31, 2019, 07:15:12 pm »

I actually got a tricked out gaming rig a little while ago, but I haven't ported over my DF files to it yet. I've got a lot of stuff to do this weekend, but maybe next weekend...

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: February 10, 2019, 08:11:54 pm »

Turns out porting a 10+ GB dwarf fortress folder via flash-drive takes a little longer than an afternoon, update some time this week once I've got it figured out.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: February 12, 2019, 03:52:42 pm »

Congratulations on your new computer. I assume the old one went mad running this fort?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: February 12, 2019, 07:00:37 pm »

I was still getting a good 5 FPS, which was still sort of acceptable but was dragging on. The new one should hypothetically run the game at an insane speed for the size and complexity of the fort, that is, if I can get it over there with the 10 Kb/s my old computer's USB port goes at.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 12, 2019, 07:26:33 pm »

I was still getting a good 5 FPS, which was still sort of acceptable but was dragging on. The new one should hypothetically run the game at an insane speed for the size and complexity of the fort, that is, if I can get it over there with the 10 Kb/s my old computer's USB port goes at.
Doing some basic unit conversion, assuming it is at 10 gigabytes exactly and at a constant speed, it should take you approx 27.777(...) hours to complete downloading it, or 1.15...(goes on infinitely) days.

I recommend you get comfy and try not to find out which breaks first: The port, the game, the computer, the tectonic plates, the protons, or your will to live.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:16:28 pm by auzewasright »
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 12, 2019, 07:48:48 pm »

10 KB/s? Uh... do you mean 10 MB/s? In the latter case, it would only take ~20 minutes.

If the former... I’d recommend going through the Internet. Google Drive allows 15 GB of free storage for each account, and even if your Internet connection is abysmal it should still be faster than 10 KB/s.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 13, 2019, 09:46:21 pm »

Anyway, in case anyone is reading this thread in the future and wonders what Auze's crime was that led to him fleeing and concocting a complex multi-layered hoax to make him seem like not a criminal; or one that was immortal, supernatural, and too dangerous to confront... and then led him to become the Law maker and a eventual fighter in the koopa militia of Modded Hell.

It was Jaywalking (well that and also killing a koopa and wearing the shell as a disguise, but it was the jaywalking that he go convicted for).
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
By the way, it (my name) is pronounced "ah-zee".
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100