Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Phoenixes  (Read 1730 times)

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok can’t really be much different from Arceus..
    • View Profile
Phoenixes
« on: October 14, 2017, 04:34:45 pm »

Hi! This is my first post to the forum, (took forever to confirm registery) and I would like to share a mod of phoenixes.

Phoenixes are large birds with a variety of colors. They have fire breath (not dragonfire, but based on imp fire), are immune to magma, and are found in warmer biomes like deserts and savannas. They are benign, so rather than melting your armies into dwarven soup, they will flee and save their fire breath for something other than elves. They also lay golden-shelled eggs, but I’m not sure if said eggs could be cooked or even melted.

Download here: (ad warning)
http://cur.lv/16xfg7

Feedback is always welcome.
No amount of mods is too much

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenixes
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 03:05:42 am »

Just fyi, if you need to upload something there's always the DFFD.

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 09:09:50 am »

Thanks, I forgot about that

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 05:39:41 pm »

Could you alter your download link to use the DFFD site please? Personally i think these make very pretty fanciful creatures conceptually compared to the possibly overpowered nature of having them alive in the world setting fire to grass (unless it was somewhere like a good desert, which are rare)

Its one of those creatures you might enjoy putting in a [SPHERE:FIRE][SPHERE:LONGEVITY] so people start idolising and worshipping it.

ShinyandKittens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 08:28:48 pm »

Could you alter your download link to use the DFFD site please? Personally i think these make very pretty fanciful creatures conceptually compared to the possibly overpowered nature of having them alive in the world setting fire to grass (unless it was somewhere like a good desert, which are rare)

Its one of those creatures you might enjoy putting in a [SPHERE:FIRE][SPHERE:LONGEVITY] so people start idolising and worshipping it.

I put it in deserts and savannas, but those other ideas are cool too