Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fortress defense mod and building destroyer visitors  (Read 2054 times)

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fortress defense mod and building destroyer visitors
« on: October 15, 2017, 07:23:24 pm »

So, is there a way I can fix it, in the raws or something?
I end up getting jotun visitors, but they come into my fort and start breaking everything.
I already have a legendary squad and can deal with them, but it is pretty annoying having to kill every visitor of X race.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress defense mod and building destroyer visitors
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:25:30 am »

search their creature files for [BUILDING DESTROYER] I think it is... or something like that... remove that and no more knocking things over.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

joaodosgrao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 09:29:51 am »

Thanks for the orientation. :)
I also have the issue of undead dropping all their gear on sieges. Any ideas?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 11:36:04 am »

undead are always buggy.  Generally speaking if they are dwarf size they seem fine but once they get bigger than a human... well they always seem to drop their stuff... I think its a strength issue, that maybe the transformation to undead makes larger creatures unable to carry their normal gear due to weight... if you end up with undead kobolds or goblins they never seem to have this issue.  I've not personally investigated it, but there are several similar reports across the modding community.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

kongor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 02:24:01 pm »

possible necro, but i don't think this info was posted anywhere - after editing out the building destroyer tags from creature_fortress_defense and noticing my jotun visitors were still breaking all my stuff, it turns out those particular units were in creature_arctic instead.  my other fd civs aren't destroyers, but this might also be happening with other races, so it's very possible that other races also have extra raw entries

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:09:56 am »

There are a few creatures that appear in more than one file... they are all independently named internally, but may appear with the same name in game.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

buuface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:46:55 pm »

Those destroyer visitors are such a pain in the ass. Even with Fortress Defense addon completely disabled I still get for example Joton (one of the additional civs) visiting and they also habitually smash and dismantle stuff.

TxJBxT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 05:11:23 pm »

In the masterwork settings there is two ways to spawn Jotun. You may have one turned off but the other is on.