Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Doki doki literature club: only META~  (Read 18357 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Doki doki literature club: only META~
« on: October 16, 2017, 01:53:45 pm »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/698780/Doki_Doki_Literature_Club/

http://ddlc.moe/

yeah, this game was devouring the "how did you last die" thread and i figured it deserved its own thread for discussion. also, we can discuss any game that gets pretty meta on you like undertale *not a spoiler cuz if you haven't played it yet, well, you're gonna have a good time

only monika.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 09:58:49 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Doki doki literature club: only spoilers.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 02:00:34 pm »

Just finished it to the end. I really liked it, and I appreciated the ending as well. From what I've read on TV Tropes, there is some sort of a better ending, but I consider the one I got satisfying.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 02:03:31 pm »

PTW as fuck.
I don't know if we need a  link and info. Because if the viewer needs a link, they should probably be staying out of the SPOILER THREAD.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 02:07:34 pm »

Only monika. Shes got a good singing voice.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 02:09:02 pm »

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Doki Doki Literature Club: Only Monika
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 02:20:15 pm »

I don't know what I expected, but this certainly wasn't it. Still a very fun playthrough.

I also learned you can play with the files before you start anything and the story changes to some degree.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 02:23:40 pm by Blaze »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 02:22:29 pm »

Can I copy-paste everything and end up with eight girls in the club? :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 03:02:59 pm »

So do you get a different ending if you keep a copy of Monika before deleting her, then adding her back when she restores the others? Because that would be kinda neat. And makes me feel bad about my cold-bloodedness, because I deleted her and emptied my trash can. >.>
I thought that would be an instant death. Apparently not.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 03:16:46 pm »

So do you get a different ending if you keep a copy of Monika before deleting her, then adding her back when she restores the others? Because that would be kinda neat. And makes me feel bad about my cold-bloodedness, because I deleted her and emptied my trash can. >.>

Id test that but im working (kinda) and im pretty sure once youve seen the best ending it loads something into the registry so you cant play the game again, even after re-dling, youre treated to monikas song and the splash screen.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 04:01:14 pm »

Spoiler: Actual spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Dammit, probably have to, don't I?

EDIT2: I found the happy thoughts...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:04:14 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 04:06:12 pm »

Ain't over till you're being sung to.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 04:15:58 pm »

I tried adding her back almost immediately after I'd deleted her but it didn't seem to help, so I redeleted her. Thus, I can't comment on how it'd handle in the long run.

I also learned you can play with the files before you start anything and the story changes to some degree.
I'm probably too lazy to try this, but it sounds neat. And makes me wonder if there's any other ways you can screw with the story, like re-adding them after they've been dealt with or disposing of people yourself.

Also: Monika's character file can be opened as an image, which is neat. One other's (Sayori, I think) can be too, but the other two can't. Note that I only checked this after Sayori became prez, so that might have something to do with it. Or maybe completing their route lets you get an image of their major malfunction or something.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 04:36:04 pm »

Anyway, it seems like I'm not done with this game yet. There are still more spoilers to avoid. Chiao
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Doki Doki Literature Club: Only Monika
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 04:46:27 pm »

Also: Monika's character file can be opened as an image, which is neat. One other's (Sayori, I think) can be too, but the other two can't. Note that I only checked this after Sayori became prez, so that might have something to do with it. Or maybe completing their route lets you get an image of their major malfunction or something.

Monika and Natsumi can be opened as an image. Natsumi's seems to be nonsense, but Monika has something that looks eerily similar to a QR code.
Sayori's opens in text as nonsense, but there looks to be a codec entry (Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20120203 (Omnipresent)) in there so I'm guessing it's an audio file or something.
Yuri's opens in text as a bunch of nonsense, but I'm 99% sure it's encrypted by some sort of cipher.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 05:03:08 pm »

Looks like I'd have to go through a lot more effort to actually get everything going on with this game. I just liked the song, that's a good ending to me. :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8