Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some Question about AM  (Read 1071 times)

Greed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Some Question about AM
« on: October 14, 2017, 12:27:24 am »

HelloHello respected longbeards!
I've come to ask some questions around here, sinc the dwarfen science is not so easy thing to deal with.
1.Do the vampire curse stop attributes from growing entirely? I heard something about it dont works anymore
2.Do you know any methods, to train your comrades any way? They are dying so quickly as always, and this is so sad
3.Do the system of getting titles and so working righ now? I gues it not, but who knows?
4.What  sieze of the amour is worn by angels?
5.Who is the best race to play on your opinion? And what races are able to wear human, or dwarven armor?
6.What is the best weapon, as you think?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Some Question about AM
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 06:40:11 am »

1. I read that it was necromancers that froze their skills/attributes, but having played as one recently I can confirm that is not the case. I don't think that's true with vampires either, but I could be wrong. I do know that when becoming a vampire you receive a severe increase in several attributes, such as strength and agility - and you don't have to sleep and never get tired/winded - so it's probably worth it in the long-run.
2. Train on wild animals. Maybe find a pack of wild boars or hippos or cats or something and just have at it - your companions will join in.
3. Yeah, my guy is for some reason known as "The Theater of Lizards". I think it's completely random what your guy gets assigned but you can also customize it yourself from the character menu I think.
4. That probably depends on the angel, I think they come in various sizes.
5. Try out a rhinoman or an elephant man. They are both huge, very strong, and in my experience have a very keen resistance to arrows (this may be especially true for Rhinoman). Just about any ranged projectile that has hit my character almost always bounces off and just leaves a bruise - worst case scenario bruises or fractures a bone but still does not break the skin. Also don't be afraid to kick people even if you aren't too good at it - a successful kick to the chest or lower body with a character that huge can send a smaller creature like a goblin flying back several spaces. Only real drawback is that your gargantuan posture will make it more difficult to remain hidden, but I haven't really found it to be much of a problem.
6. I always go swords - no particular preference. I just like that you can slash, stab, slap, and strike with them. Sword/shield is always an effective combo.

Also this is probably the appropriate thread for these types of questions:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=71780.0
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 07:55:02 am by gnome »

Greed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:59:17 am »

Thanke you!

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2017, 07:51:18 pm »

1. Both vampires and necromancers gain tags that prevent growth and rust for physical attributes. Mental attributes are unaffected.

2. One cheesy method is to armor up a training buddy, set your [C]ombat preferences to close combat, crouch, then wrestle with them. Just make sure not to wield anything but a shield or use joint locks, pinches, or gouges. To speed things up, bruise their foot or leg enough to keep them from standing. Once done, talk to them, ask for a ceasefire, get them to join you again (works better if you're famous), and revert your combat preferences. This doubles as player training, too.

3. Yup. Just get famous enough or kill enough things.

4. Varies. I think they could range from 55000 to 80000.

5. Winged insectmen due to a combination of four arms and flying. Peregrine falcon men are close second for fastest flying and overall move speed. Off the top of my head, boar men and hyena men could wear both dwarf sized and human sized clothing.

6. Misc. Object User with bolts works pretty good, followed by longswords/shortswords.

Greed

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 09:29:10 am »

Thanke you!