Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 75488 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Uh, no? Mafiakill blocking is a massive town advantage, especially with four town dead.

I'd say there's a pretty strong burden of proof on someone wanting the block lifted: they gotta prove that anything remotely as useful as not having Town (or sk, I guess) die each night will happen.
One wheel short of a wagon

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Uh, no? Mafiakill blocking is a massive town advantage, especially with four town dead.

I'd say there's a pretty strong burden of proof on someone wanting the block lifted: they gotta prove that anything remotely as useful as not having Town (or sk, I guess) die each night will happen.
Yeah, we'll just die of boredom before that.  I signed up for a wacky abilities game, not a mountainous game.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

If we lunch scum today, I guess I'd be OK with not blocking. The boredom point is pretty convincing, we aren't perfectly rational creatured.
One wheel short of a wagon

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Scum can get their own lunch. I'm not paying for their meals..!

;)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

God I'm really not feeling up to this, but here goes.

So first of all to Tiruin, since she apparently missed the giant post in response to her: My first ability says that I can use one ability that my target's target has on myself. I targeted Tiruin N1, which is why I said I blamed her. It was supposed to be just a little joke.

As for my reads, here they are

Tiruin: Pushed for us not to lynch Maximum Spin, who turned out to be town, actively scumhunting, seems pretty town

NJW: Asking good questions, also town lean

Starver: Talking a lot of mechanics, don't see much scumhunting. Very slight scum lean

MTH: Jumps on Maximum Spin bandwagon, but unvotes after reading the thread further and considering further. Null read for now.

Kingawsume: Also jumps on Maximum Spin bandwagon, but doesn't unvote. Claimed to have a kill action, which was confrimed by Starver. Leaning scum

FoU: One of the foremost people voting for Maximum Spin, hasn't done much in the way of scumhunting anyone else. Leaning Scum

Shakerag: Voted for Maximum Spin, then moved to voting for MTH, seemed to be more of a curmudgeon than usual, probably IRL related. Null read

4mask: hasn't really posted much, not enough content to get a decent read

Persus: Just replaced in for BHK, who wasn't really active, has made a couple of posts. Null read

Juicebox: Comes in Fruit Punch, Pink Lemonade, Orange and Grape

FoU: Who are your top suspects right now and why?

kingawsume: Same question as FoU

MTH: I'm inclined to agree with NJW, if we lynch scum, then you don't need to use your block, otherwise block away

Shakerag: Would that really be so bad though? We have the opportunity to completely block off the mafiakill. I think it might be worth it if it comes down to that.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Will do, Commander ;)
Will block if we dont murderize scum.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

If we lunch scum today, I guess I'd be OK with not blocking. The boredom point is pretty convincing, we aren't perfectly rational creatured.
There's that.

I think it's a question of risk versus reward. If we lynch town, the mass block should be used to prevent the risk of a scum victory or such. If we lynch scum, we may be able to afford the risk of letting scum kill, in exchange for the benefit of night action results.

Of course, I don't think the scum are happy with this mass block floating around, and if it's not used, I expect Moony will be targeted with the mafiakill to prevent him from stopping the mafiakill any further. So if anyone has some sort of protection action, maybe use it on Moony?

I'm voting kingawsume for a reason. From what I recall, he voted Spin without providing a reason other than just joining the bandwagon. He did provide a reason later(today), but I don't think he provided that reason initially(if I'm wrong, please correct me). Moony did something much similar, but his uncontested mass block claim puts him as town in my eyes. It seems unlikely, possible but unlikely, that scum would be wiling to block their own mafiakill.

There are a lot of people who need to get more content out, by the way. More content means more of a chance to find scum from day data.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

PFP busy, and I'd love it if people used their personal extensions to nudge today.

I am conflicted.

On the one hand, no kills, on the other hand, no night data.

I am so very conflicted.
Well, if someone has a secondary night actions (that they can take alongside their first) that gets data, the 'no night data' issue is lesser.
You're TDS. It makes sense to denote that and what I've gotten from you N1. I would be very suspicious that it can be a lead to a deathknell to a prettymuchprobably-less-active-town, and TDS could be 'not acting in favor because he didn't do the scumkill', but hum.

Next, why I also nudge extensions is becuase MORE people are now claiming--and I'd like people to note that several swapped things are AS OF YET UNCLAIMED AT THE MOMENT (like my bloody track which disappeared at the START of D2 -_- with that DAY action swap that NOBODY claimed yet), and people have claimed their actions to be able to make a map of things.
Inasmuch as fakeclaims or deep-rooted fakeclaims go though, I'm not recalling much connection or possibility; there could be people doing it but given the...lack of activity, I am uncertain.

So first of all to Tiruin, since she apparently missed the giant post in response to her: My first ability says that I can use one ability that my target's target has on myself. I targeted Tiruin N1, which is why I said I blamed her. It was supposed to be just a little joke.
You know you made me wonder whatever the fish was going on and THEN LEFT ME WITH NOTHING TO FOLLOW UP RIGHT :I [/capsforaurgh]
It's not a joke when I was serious in what I've pushed onto you >_> and then I got left with nuthin'.

That and I still don't get it. I tracked Leafysnail and TDS, it does not make sense if you 'can use one ability that your target's target has on...your?...self' when TDS is partially claiming via Moony, and nowhere in Leafysnail's abilities did that claimything occur.

If you are mafia, I am feeling as if you're trying too hard to embellish your abilities :V If you're town, this is not an efficient use of information telling when you leave the other person hanging. :I
Quote from: PS, I've rewritten my N1 result actions so you can see that I am targeting TDS first, and Leafysnail second. Also I like Leafysnail :P
TheDarkStar is not targeting anyone. Leafsnail is targeting Tiruin.

4mask: hasn't really posted much, not enough content to get a decent read
I am not letting him live this down if he's scum :P
But yeah.

PPE: Are y'all serious on always lynching newbies because of reasons stated by the newbiescumtellbook?
Because it is rather sandpaper-ly smooth to see that this is becoming the case--letting words explain themselves rather than explain the words (which are used to convey meaning) to deliver a context which is the foundation of a wholesome, open case. Rather than letting people ARGUE AGAINST A LABEL or interpretation on your part.

I'm voting kingawsume for a reason. From what I recall, he voted Spin without providing a reason other than just joining the bandwagon. He did provide a reason later(today), but I don't think he provided that reason initially(if I'm wrong, please correct me). Moony did something much similar, but his uncontested mass block claim puts him as town in my eyes. It seems unlikely, possible but unlikely, that scum would be wiling to block their own mafiakill.

There are a lot of people who need to get more content out, by the way. More content means more of a chance to find scum from day data.
How does this make him scum?
Where are your OTHER SUSPECTS?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Ok, i'm going to play my other card so town doesnt uselessly lose things: Targetting me is a bad idea
My second ability makes anyone who targets me become my role (Friendly Spy) and swap alignment to town as well. It's a virus :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Ok, i'm going to play my other card so town doesnt uselessly lose things: Targetting me is a bad idea
My second ability makes anyone who targets me become my role (Friendly Spy) and swap alignment to town as well. It's a virus :P
So when did you get this 'second ability'? :I
Because I'm pretty I: with all the half-cut claims being thrown around and nobody ELSE trying to piece things together or scumhunt other people -_-

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Damn. Someone had a swap ability. I have the swap now, but someone took my block ):<
Also, i gained it on N1 (not a starter ability, i gained it)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist

If you recall? You have the thread. You can go back and look for stuff instead of just writing stuff down on the top of your head. Why are you asking people to do your work for you?

NQT: Can the generator create abilities that change alignments? Also when is day end? Your last vote count didn't mention it.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Damn. Someone had a swap ability. I have the swap now, but someone took my block ):<
Also, i gained it on N1 (not a starter ability, i gained it)
So presumably, whoever swapped with you is a Friendly Spy now.

Whether or not their alignment changed, I don't know. I'm fairly sure that there are no alignment changing abilities in the game. MoonyTheHuman, anyone who targets you becomes town? Is that really true?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

MoonyTheHuman:
I just looked at the source and could not find anything that would allow an alignment swap. 

NQT:
Can you confirm/deny that alignment swap abilities are in the game?  Can you confirm/deny the current source available is the one that generated this game?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

NQT: Can the generator create abilities that change alignments? Also when is day end? Your last vote count didn't mention it.
No, alignments aren't changed even with role-swap or role-morph powers. Day can end 10am tomorrow GMT.

Can you confirm/deny that alignment swap abilities are in the game?  Can you confirm/deny the current source available is the one that generated this game?
No alignment swapping (that doesn't work with a mafia). The source that I used was posted at the beginning of D1, I don't think it's changed since then.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 38