Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 75507 times)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D4, Been Better
« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2017, 11:59:28 pm »

I call horseshit. juicebox.

Why? What makes think that I'm lying?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 13, 2017, 02:55:27 am »

Arsonist? What's the kill power?
One wheel short of a wagon

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 13, 2017, 04:10:34 am »

It's basically a delayed kill. Once per night you can prime or ignite one person.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 13, 2017, 11:34:00 am »

"Where did you get that flamethrower from? They're not legal weapon for your class!"

"No, I've got a cross-class feat that allows me to wield one while still being a bard."

"And I swore flamethrowers got nerfed out in the last errata..."

"Yeah but it was reissued as a seasonal gift if you bought the last lot of DLC."

"Why would a horse armor package give you a free flamethrower???"

*Shakerag - [1] NJW2000
NJW2000
Silthuri
kingawsume
Persus13
*juicebox - [1] kingawsume
No lynch
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 05:26:03 am by notquitethere »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D4, Packing Heat
« Reply #454 on: November 13, 2017, 11:58:25 am »

NQT, Question: would ignition kills have a different message? Like how poison kills are explicitly referred to as Poisonings?

Juicebox, why didn't you mention or use this ability? Or did you use it?

Kingawesume, how does this quote in the OP make you feel:

- Mafia have a shared night-kill that one of them can use each night. This ability doesn't appear on censuses and cannot be swapped out or otherwise removed from a mafia player.
Starver confirmed there are mafia, btw.

Might I ask for clarification on your kingawsume read?

How exactly does he read town to you?
Throughout the game, he's fairly proactive, taking it upon himself to have dialogue with other players about meaningful parts of the game - i.e. arguing for a nolynch d1. Not lurking, getting involved. True, he made mistakes more experienced players might not, but he's putting his neck on the line by playing. He posts reasons for voting people and scumhunts, not always to say Tiruin's standard, but he does it. And if there's one thing mislynching Max (spiritually) and Starver have taught me, its that that's a townie thing to do. CONTENT is what we get from him.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 13, 2017, 12:20:01 pm »

NQT, Question: would ignition kills have a different message? Like how poison kills are explicitly referred to as Poisonings?
Yes, it would say something like: NQT has burned to death. He was the mod.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:35 pm »

Juicebox, why didn't you mention or use this ability? Or did you use it?

Kingawesume, how does this quote in the OP make you feel:

- Mafia have a shared night-kill that one of them can use each night. This ability doesn't appear on censuses and cannot be swapped out or otherwise removed from a mafia player.
Starver confirmed there are mafia, btw.

Might I ask for clarification on your kingawsume read?

How exactly does he read town to you?
Throughout the game, he's fairly proactive, taking it upon himself to have dialogue with other players about meaningful parts of the game - i.e. arguing for a nolynch d1. Not lurking, getting involved. True, he made mistakes more experienced players might not, but he's putting his neck on the line by playing. He posts reasons for voting people and scumhunts, not always to say Tiruin's standard, but he does it. And if there's one thing mislynching Max (spiritually) and Starver have taught me, its that that's a townie thing to do. CONTENT is what we get from him.

I didn't mention the ability because I didn't feel that I needed to mention it. I've used it to prime one person

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 13, 2017, 03:09:06 pm »

Juicebox. Have you used the arson ability at all? If not, why not?

Kingawesume: Why does juicebox having an arson ability mean he's scum?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 13, 2017, 03:40:40 pm »

Okay quick post before I get to studying for an exam tomorrow.

King is acting very odd in my opinion. I'm still waiting on answers from my initial questions. You picked ONE of the questions and ignored the rest, even though knowing who has kills is effing important because the scum cannot get them. Multiple kills for the bad dudes is something we don't want. Now you're jumping on juice for having a kill ability when you avoided my questions I posed on the same subject. By your own logic of having a kill = scum, we should have lynched you yesterday. I'm not exactly sure if this is just newness or if you're scummy, but for now my vote is on you. Again, abilities are randomized. Someone having a scummy ability doesn't automatically mean they're scum. Note that in FoU's flip, he had no roles befitting an SK which isn't surprising given the swap fuckery that's been going on.

Juice: who did you prime and why?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 13, 2017, 04:36:35 pm »

Apart from the questions unanswered, the post above looks dodgy. Asking Persus13's question about abilities again? Or factually defending Juicebox? Neither are very defendable... also, the jumping on newbs/poorly playing but involved players has apparently been scum's survival strategy the entire game, by my reads, and I'm very suspiscious of someone trying to do it now, esp with a whole game to analyze.

That said, answer the questions, King, or we gotta lynch you.

Then again, Persus's basic comprehension fail is also :/
It's not like there's more content than one can reasonably keep up with being created right now.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 13, 2017, 04:42:35 pm »

Then again, Persus's basic comprehension fail is also :/
It's not like there's more content than one can reasonably keep up with being created right now.
I'm sorry, what am I failing to comprehend?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 13, 2017, 04:56:13 pm »

So you know where you ask juice if he's uses his ability at all? And you see the post right above that? The bit below the quoted text?

In the UK, we call the exercise where you pick out information from a text "comprehension."

Not saying you're scum asking questions to look good, but eh...

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 13, 2017, 05:11:26 pm »

So you know where you ask juice if he's uses his ability at all? And you see the post right above that? The bit below the quoted text?

In the UK, we call the exercise where you pick out information from a text "comprehension."

Not saying you're scum asking questions to look good, but eh...
Generally people are more specific when claiming what they did so I missed that. It was a simple question NJW, there's no need to get all condescending about it.

Juicebox: Which night did you prime someone?
Sigtext

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 13, 2017, 05:28:01 pm »

Pfphone
Apart from the questions unanswered, the post above looks dodgy. Asking Persus13's question about abilities again? Or factually defending Juicebox? Neither are very defendable... also, the jumping on newbs/poorly playing but involved players has apparently been scum's survival strategy the entire game, by my reads, and I'm very suspiscious of someone trying to do it now, esp with a whole game to analyze.

Imo what I asked is different. I knew juice had already claimed he primed someone, so I want to know who it was since he didn't say it and I want to know his reasoning behind choosing that particular person.

I find what king is doing to be scummy. I'm being honest when I say I'm unsure of whether or not his newness plays any role in his actions, I don't know. I'm not saying I want to off him cause he's new. And juice certainly isn't off the hook, especially until I see his rationale for priming someone.  Although... Why did you say that it's bad for me to go after king but you threaten to lynch him based on the unanswered questions alone?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 13, 2017, 05:51:18 pm »

I meant the questions/explanations for king, not juice. Your juicebox question was fine. Telling king his logic is off immediately after persus asked him to justify it was odd.

As to your question, if someone refuses to answer questions without justifying said refusal, you generally gotta lynch them for refusing to engage in dialogue. Wasn't meant as a threat, but if the questions go unanswered too long despite being repeatedly brought up, he'll force us to Lynch him.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 38