Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 75423 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN
« Reply #555 on: November 29, 2017, 02:04:12 pm »

I mainly fakeclaimed because lurking my way to victory sucks for everyone else playing, and Mafia was almost guaranteed to win. Plus I needed to do something to make me more interested in playing the game.

And then I forgot NQT uses UK time for day ends so when I checked in on the game to vote, I had been lynched.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: November 29, 2017, 06:45:11 pm »

I think the days should have been much shorter. There's too much incentive as-is for scum to lurk, so long days just drag it out too much. 22 hour cycles might not work with a less active playerbase though.

Sorry about the timing Persus. I think if you'd had more pressure earlier that might have helped, but scum were basically ignored the whole game.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: November 29, 2017, 07:35:13 pm »

I'd like to think that if(tm) I didn't gloat every time I got a kill role, we might have won. But alas, it didn't matter.
This was an interesting idea; the play execution wasn't the best, but I think if we did it again with more active players (myself included), it could have been a fun game.
You didn't gloat. What wasn't done was pressuring the other people who didn't look like they were doing orthodox scumtells.
Although that applies for other people too >_> There was little in the way of people proactively tracking others and making cases on others rather than 'natural observation' and the 'seems like' curve of difficulty.

I think the days should have been much shorter. There's too much incentive as-is for scum to lurk, so long days just drag it out too much. 22 hour cycles might not work with a less active playerbase though.

Sorry about the timing Persus. I think if you'd had more pressure earlier that might have helped, but scum were basically ignored the whole game.
More vote counts are good, NQT. It's less 'shorter' and more 'activity'. The time of day alone isn't incentive, but what people do with it.

Also king: Why didn't you do most things you could've done? @_@
And why did people still NOT lynch Silthuri when Persus and king were determined to be the explosive people?

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: November 30, 2017, 04:23:46 am »

I'd like to think that if(tm) I didn't gloat every time I got a kill role, we might have won. But alas, it didn't matter.
This was an interesting idea; the play execution wasn't the best, but I think if we did it again with more active players (myself included), it could have been a fun game.
You didn't gloat. What wasn't done was pressuring the other people who didn't look like they were doing orthodox scumtells.
Although that applies for other people too >_> There was little in the way of people proactively tracking others and making cases on others rather than 'natural observation' and the 'seems like' curve of difficulty.

More vote counts are good, NQT. It's less 'shorter' and more 'activity'. The time of day alone isn't incentive, but what people do with it.

Also king: Why didn't you do most things you could've done? @_@
And why did people still NOT lynch Silthuri when Persus and king were determined to be the explosive people?

I mean you could just read above where someone pointed out that it would result in a guaranteed SK victory unless Perseus deliberately chose to let town win?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #559 on: November 30, 2017, 09:21:59 am »

I mean you could just read above where someone pointed out that it would result in a guaranteed SK victory unless Perseus deliberately chose to let town win?

Ignition triggers before other kinds of death.

Blow up Persus, he can't mafiakill.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 30, 2017, 09:50:12 am »

Alternatively I could put my foot all the way in my big mouth.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #561 on: November 30, 2017, 10:29:00 am »

Ignition triggers before other kinds of death.

Blow up Persus, he can't mafiakill.
No, I know this looks ambiguous, but all actions happen simultaneously except when there could be conflict.

This just means, a mafiakill doesn't prevent an ignition, and an ignition should be the listed cause of death.

Only a block or an illegal target can prevent an action going ahead in this setup.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:30:35 am by notquitethere »

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: December 06, 2017, 11:04:06 am »

Delayed reaction: woot!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: December 12, 2017, 05:35:21 pm »

If any of you want to see some wild mafia play, sign up for Fallacy's game. I solemnly promise to perform a different gambit every day I survive.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]