Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 75520 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2
« Reply #345 on: November 02, 2017, 06:57:52 pm »

Unvote. I've never voted for MTH, that must be BHK's doing. I'll get back to this when I don't have math HW.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 02, 2017, 07:49:39 pm »

No responses? Oh well.

My reads remains incomplete, but I wanted to get in before midnight (plus editing time, I've horribly overflowed!). I'll continue and update before 02:30 if I can keep from being distracted.  The following in more or less only the order of my current reshuffle of notes, no priority implied, because of gaps in understanding.

I can't, and won't, swing things away from Max suffering from their possible misconceptions amd misplays. My impression is if pretending to be Town, doing a stirling job. Not sure if that's a compliment. We'll soon find out.

I put king in a similar bucket, but I'm not so much through that analysis.

For juice, also not found enough yet, but obviously more experienced. Something funny, still to, tie down.

FoU,known from elsewhere, I know RVSes more than me, but I'm not getting that much back (as passive sonar, listening to his/others active sonar pings and bounce-backs) to work out the thinking. Something I'm still working on.

4mask I don't want to get in the way of explaining something for me, or at least giving me a good reason to believe I was on the wrong track at the end of D1/start of N1. So no public details yet.

Shak studiously avoided some key indicators I was looking for. Not sure if it's because those signs weren't there to find or because of being clever about it. Seems to have used a non-nasty night action, but that doesn't mean anything if it wasn't bis "guaranteed to be deadly" abilities that (if he so has) was used on Leaf. Sidelining that as an option, currently.

Tir is the consumate player. Which means abrasive (in contrast to my playing style) but not scum-looking abrasive. Whether or not Townie. Usefully, has been firing off Pings that I've been sounding off, but I have to consider the possibility of that being deflection.

NJW still working out the role regarding the tie that wasn't tiebroken.

Removed some bad conclusions, after an epiphany about an error of mine, has eaten into my remaining time. Just time to add one useful snippet: As of first thing D2 (before my role was swapped out again), I learnt that of five random people (half tjose remaining, rounded down) there were four Town and one Mafia. That strongly (but not certainly) hints as to the likely number of non-Townies in the remaining lot, if you accept my word and the general power of statistics.

(And, by the ninjaing (from ten minutes in the future? - have I to undo DST, perhaps?) I realise I've forgotten about TDS/Mooney and BHK/Persus, who I put to one side in my notes due to the changeover. Something on them next update, I hope!)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 02, 2017, 08:18:39 pm »

I believe I already detailed my reasons.
You did. My question though, is why you believe Moony is more scummy than Maximum Spin.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 02, 2017, 08:19:50 pm »

has created a mind-bending debate about night stuff and lies that he now seems to be saying was about semantics and people not understanding him.
This part, I didn't do on purpose. I stated some true facts, people appear to have read too much into my words, and I didn't realise that was the actual problem right away.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 02, 2017, 08:27:46 pm »

- Tiruin: most active and stuff, very big on getting people to talk. Not sure how I'd tell if she were scum though, having trouble reading her at all somehow... hard to put this, but I can't imagine what I'd find suspiscious that wasn't a scumtell that applied generally. Like, I can't "get" her personality, so changes in attitude don't surprise me. She's on the suspiscious list for an attack on the people voting Max that looks a bit Chainsaw-ish, and a lotta posts that are just "people need to post more". That may seem like a weak justification, but this is partly for my benefit: I need to remember not to trust her.
I'm gonna stab you in the BEHIND! @_@

*Tiruin goes onto playing the piano with spooky tunes and other instruments, like a 4-string quartet (with friends), because that's often used in HORROR AND THRILLER themes!

But yes, nudge awaaaaay the Mafia-Booklet-Guide-Of-Scumtells there and apply context. Half the votes onto Maximum are literally bandwagony.

And we're lacking votes from 3 people until now :P
Tir is the consumate player. Which means abrasive (in contrast to my playing style) but not scum-looking abrasive. Whether or not Townie. Usefully, has been firing off Pings that I've been sounding off, but I have to consider the possibility of that being deflection.
I'm SANDPAPER? :'( I need to up my class then! [Also Shakerag is pretty much themed after those Shyguys in the Mario games :P So seeing him as Shak is humorous :) ]

...Also that the people posting are either Maximum Spin, and a lot less of the OTHER people being voted. Anything anyone else wants to nudge other people about? Because all I'm getting about Maximum Spin is 'I dislike his behavior'. Which makes sense.

But does that make him scum just because it touches your emotions?

He's replied a lot to me and other people (and I won't ever get his 'secret tells' unless he becomes open in his comms with folks :v), but what does necessarily really make him scum? Town people can also play exactly like how he acts, and in my own view onto him, if I can't find much scumminess in behavior (because benefit of the doubt as this could be general behavior rather than situational), I look at communication, and he has pretty much been prodding and inquiring on people's votes alongside forwarding his own.

...Only that the dude he's voting (much like me) is absent for most of the days .__.

I believe I already detailed my reasons.
You did. My question though, is why you believe Moony is more scummy than Maximum Spin.
I'd like to hear from that too, Shakerag :3

Also are we really getting the lynch on the basis of ~4 people who "just don't like Maximum's guts"?
Because that's the gist of what I'm reading given nobody among them made a comprehensive case on the guy given all this time.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 02, 2017, 09:10:04 pm »

Incidentally, tough to say, but I think the optimum lynch, which is to say the one that would produce the most data (not necessarily most likely to be mafia, but most likely to make it clear who is), would be kingawsume. Not going to waste my vote on that until someone else agrees, though.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 02, 2017, 09:20:02 pm »

Incidentally, tough to say, but I think the optimum lynch, which is to say the one that would produce the most data (not necessarily most likely to be mafia, but most likely to make it clear who is), would be kingawsume. Not going to waste my vote on that until someone else agrees, though.
You on the basis of emotional agreement, kingawsume on...other data, although I don't see what you're talking about there. For me, juicebox too, because he did claim an 'ability' that was based 'solely because of me', which differed from literally everyone else because it is different in how it works (and randomgen doesn't even show anything like that -.- and nobody has attempted to correct me otherwise if they did find any)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 03, 2017, 06:53:11 am »

END OF DAY 2

While most of the players were involved in the internecine struggle to eject the griefers and control freaks, the rest were content to keep digging ditches, piling up mountains, assembling clouds one pixel at a time.

Almost by surprise the sun fell, the ticker ticked and after some considerable server lag, the auto-kick took hold and Maximum Spin's avatar winked out of existence. Server logs soon showed, however, that they were innocent of all charges.

Vote Count
*Tiruin
MoonyTheHuman - [1] Shakerag
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
Starver
*Maximum Spin - [3] FallacyofUrist, juicebox, kingawsume,
Shakerag
4maskwolf
kingawsume
Persus13
juicebox  - [2] Tiruin, Maximum Spin
No lynch
Not voting: MoonyTheHuman, NJW2000, Starver, 4maskwolf, Persus13

--

Maximum Spin Was Lynched. Maximum Spin was Town.

Spoiler: Maximum Spin (click to show/hide)

NIGHT 2 BEGINS

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - N2 - Twilight of the Griefers
« Reply #353 on: November 03, 2017, 06:55:56 am »

(Mod note: I'm going on holiday, so won't have access to my grand spreadsheet. Will still be processing everything, but as I'll be on a phone the night might take a bit longer to process. Please do send in actions in a timely way still!)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - N2 - Twilight of the Griefers
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2017, 04:58:42 am »

The players log back in, expecting (hoping or dreading)
more mayhem, chaos, and sabotage but everything is surprisingly pristine. Is everyone now playing by the rules? Fat chance.

DAY 3 BEGINS

*Tiruin
MoonyTheHuman
Shakerag
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
Starver
4maskwolf
kingawsume
Persus13
juicebox
No lynch

Hammer 6. Day end 72 hours - weekends. If you didn't receive a PM in the night either your action has no action reporting (the norm in this game) or your action failed in some way.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...Alright I got nuthin :V

juicebox please respond to my posts about you. Same goes to literally everyone who voted Maximum and didn't bother to follow up anything at all.

But woah nobody ded o_o
Massclaim time I hope ^:

Because if I assume 3-4 scum, it is either MYLO (4/6 // out of 10) or y'know. Crucial dates.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

That was an unexpected reprieve. Well, things'll be a bit clearer with Max gone, but a bit harder to create dialogue.

Persus13, who do you think is scum?

kingawesume, you've voted for nolynch and bandwagoned on a player that turned out to be town. What reason do we have not to lynch you today?

Moony, Given that hopping on a bandwagon didn't help you lynch scum, what's the plan now?
One wheel short of a wagon

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text

That was an unexpected reprieve. Well, things'll be a bit clearer with Max gone, but a bit harder to create dialogue.

kingawesume, you've voted for nolynch and bandwagoned on a player that turned out to be town. What reason do we have not to lynch you today?

Moony, Given that hopping on a bandwagon didn't help you lynch scum, what's the plan now?

The wine's on the table; I have a kill role, now who's going to trip it?
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

No idea. I'll wait and see.

EDIT: Not me, thats for certain.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The wine's on the table; I have a kill role, now who's going to trip it?
I don't bloody care if your first post is just nudging people without any substance--who did you swap with yesterday or today?

And why aren't you being forthcoming with anything thus far regarding any actions taken by yourself (and rather more on 'this happened to me')
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 38