Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 75485 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

NQT: Can the generator create abilities that change alignments? Also when is day end? Your last vote count didn't mention it.
No, alignments aren't changed even with role-swap or role-morph powers. Day can end 10am tomorrow GMT.

Can people EXTEND this and NOT lynch the newbie for making booktells because people haven't actually scumhunted and why are they voting kingawsume when they had yesterday and didn't.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Damn. The action implied it could swap alignment. Oh well.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Damn. The action implied it could swap alignment. Oh well.
Hmph.
~~~
If you recall? You have the thread. You can go back and look for stuff instead of just writing stuff down on the top of your head. Why are you asking people to do your work for you?
Alright then.

Huh. Found a bit more weirdness.
EBWOP: Juice and FoU seem the most suspicious out of the voters (excluding myself to max; he seems to have a hard on for me being sus :/ )

And this.
Spoiler: Long (click to show/hide)
In short, while I am a little confused about why kingawsume didn't question me and Juicebox more, he did provide a bit more evidence against Spin than I noticed, and seeing as the reason I had for voting him was a lack of reasoning for voting Spin, Unvote.

4maskwolf does need to post more, but I'm going to shift this vote once I find someone who's actually suspicious as opposed to inactive.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile

Ho hum. Would be nice to know who swapped the action from Moony - because un-powering Town is pretty much garaunteed scum in my book.

Might not be able to post much for a bit - waterpolo and schoolwork, but I'll vote Starver, partly because I don't want an extra factor hanging round MTH, and partly because I'm suspiscious of him. Gone very quiet now the MTH things happened, though that might be irl stuff. Suddenly unkeen to do mechanical analysis...?
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

Silthuri has replaced 4mask. Day extended +24 hours.
Vote count when I'm not at the theatre.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(@NJW) No, still mechanically analysing. But delayed somewhat due to home machine rebooted, resulting in spreadsheet corruption/forced roll-back, and had to redo some.

BTW, not that anybody asked, I still have this:
9 Town, 2 Mafia15%
10 Town, 1 Mafia12%
8 Town, 3 Mafia12%
8 Town, 2 Mafia, 1 Other8%
7 Town, 4 Mafia8%
9 Town, 1 Mafia, 1 Other7%
7 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Other6%
6 Town, 5 Mafia4%
8 Town, 1 Mafia, 2 Other4%
7 Town, 2 Mafia, 2 Other4%
6 Town, 4 Mafia, 1.Other3%
6 Town, 3 Mafia, 2 Other3%
7 Town, 1 Mafia, 3 Other2%
5 Town, 6 Mafia2%
6 Town, 2 Mafia, 3 Other2%
5 Town, 5 Mafia, 1 Other1%
5 Town, 4 Mafia, 2 Other1%
5 Town, 3 Mafia, 3 Other
6 Town, 1 Mafia, 4 Other
5 Town, 2 Mafia, 4 Other
4 Town, 7 Mafia
4 Town, 6 Mafia, 1 Other
5 Town, 1 Mafia, 5 Other
4 Town, 5 Mafia, 2 Other
4 Town, 4 Mafia, 3 Other
4 Town, 3 Mafia, 4 Other
4 Town, 2 Mafia, 5 Other
all these now <1%
4 Town, 1 Mafia, 6 Other<0.1%

Obviously remove post-LYLO settings (give or take weird fringe vote doubling/cancellation situations) and it's become more probable now that there's necessarily at least one Other.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The entire "should you useless night power or not useless night power" thing is entirely academic to me, my role is entirely passive.  That being said, I guess target me if you want hilarity to happen to someone else.

Silthuri, was 4maskwolf targeted with an action day 1(that you know of)? Did anybody target 4maskwolf day 1? I'm considering the possibility that my role change day 1 was caused by 4maskwolf's(and now your) passive ability.

Wait. Should have read all the thread first.
I definitely established that I had used the swap power during the day when I swapped with cb'99. By the way, there's also a role-morphing passive lurking around out there, which would definitely add to the ability shuffling problem.
Oh before I forget, yeah that was my original role.  Anyone who targeted me overrode a random person's ability with their role.  That passive then got swapped away from me in what I can only assume (given nobody mentioned it before) was the first swap of the game and I have no idea where it went.

So that's basically a definite. My original role(priming everyone who hit me with a non-poison action) was replaced with a different role Day 1, with the trade action(trade the action with a random action from the target). I know I wasn't just targeted with the trade action Day 1 because my entire role changed, not just my ability.

I believe Maximum Spin targeted 4maskwolf day 1. When Spin was lynched, it was revealed his role name was Anti Urist... which is my role name as of Day 1, funnily enough(my username is FallacyofUrist).

I'm starting to think we should put together an actions list. This is far too convoluted to solve any other way.
~~~
NJW2000, Starver, Persus13: Why weren't you voting at the end of Day 2?

Silthuri: Why do you think 4maskwolf wasn't voting at the end of Day 2?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SILTHURI! :D LONG TIME NO SEE! NICE TO SEE YOU AGAIN! :))

PFP

Gonna post later when I'm not dead from stress and class.

The entire "should you useless night power or not useless night power" thing is entirely academic to me, my role is entirely passive.  That being said, I guess target me if you want hilarity to happen to someone else.

Silthuri, was 4maskwolf targeted with an action day 1(that you know of)? Did anybody target 4maskwolf day 1? I'm considering the possibility that my role change day 1 was caused by 4maskwolf's(and now your) passive ability.

Wait. Should have read all the thread first.
That would be greaaat. Because many people mentioned stuff they have, stuff they claimed, and many stuff people claimed are unmentioned if they CURRENTLY have it or whatever. Because nobody mentioned they got a track off me or bothered to verify my claim but given the state of affairs of today, its someone who swapped me on D2, and I want to presume they are scum because of general unhelpfulness.

So that's basically a definite. My original role(priming everyone who hit me with a non-poison action) was replaced with a different role Day 1, with the trade action(trade the action with a random action from the target). I know I wasn't just targeted with the trade action Day 1 because my entire role changed, not just my ability.

I believe Maximum Spin targeted 4maskwolf day 1. When Spin was lynched, it was revealed his role name was Anti Urist... which is my role name as of Day 1, funnily enough(my username is FallacyofUrist).
WHEN has something changed entirely and MENTIONED YOUR ROLE AS CHANGED?

FoU: Who are your top suspects right now and why?
I'm voting kingawsume for a reason. From what I recall, he voted Spin without providing a reason other than just joining the bandwagon. He did provide a reason later(today), but I don't think he provided that reason initially(if I'm wrong, please correct me). Moony did something much similar, but his uncontested mass block claim puts him as town in my eyes. It seems unlikely, possible but unlikely, that scum would be wiling to block their own mafiakill.

There are a lot of people who need to get more content out, by the way. More content means more of a chance to find scum from day data.
How does this make him scum?
Where are your OTHER SUSPECTS?
Also you missed this, FoU.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile

One of the players avatars appears dramatically different. "Got a re-skin," they explain. It doesn't end the recriminations.

*Tiruin
MoonyTheHuman
*Shakerag
FallacyofUrist - [1] - Persus13
NJW2000
Starver - [1] - NJW2000
Silthuri - [2] - kingawsume, FallacyofUrist
kingawsume
Persus13
juicebox - [1] - Tiruin
No lynch

Day end in 24 hours. Hammer at 6.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

Hey, guys. I think i found out who stole my ability.
Starver had the swap ability as well. I tried swapping with him, and i got my swap ability boomeranging back.
annihilate

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Starver had the swap ability as well. I tried swapping with him, and i got my swap ability boomeranging back.
annihilate
I'm finding it curious on how people haven't tracked the day abilities (I haven't due to busy >_>) but it's a supplement for scumhunting too :I

...Didn't Starver say stuff about his actions beforehand?
Can you give more information?
Who else are your suspects and how'd you get to picking STARVER?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse

I used the 'Swap' day ability i got in exchange for my block on Starver. I found he had Swap as well (it boomeranged back to me).

Just going to paraphrase what the GM said:
You Lost the ability Swap
You Gained the ability Swap.

Alongside that, i just don't quite trust him. Gut feeling, I cant quite put a reason on it yet.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How does this make him scum?
Where are your OTHER SUSPECTS?
Voting on a bandwagon without applying reasoning or at least analyzing the reasoning others use is a sign of passiveness. Passiveness correlates with scumminess.
Of course, he provided plenty of reasoning and analysis that I missed.

My other suspects?
How about a full reads list.
I know I'm town.
You and juicebox I consider likely to be town based on your strong scum hunting.
MoonyTheHuman I consider likely to be town based on his use of the mass block ability.
Shakerag has done some reactive hunting in the past. I haven't seen him seek out cases by questioning people, but I have seen him react to scummy behavior done by other people. Weak town.
kingawsume I'm not too sure about. On the one hand, reasoning, on the other hand, bandwagoning. Didn't pursue anyone other than Spin, that I saw. Of course, I did much the same thing... but he didn't seem to take initiative, unlike me. Just seemed to follow the bandwagon. Weak scum.
Persus13 and NJW2000 need to be further analyzed and need to post more. Null for the moment.
Unvote. Silthuri just replaced 4maskwolf, I'd like to give Silthuri a chance to post before being lynched. Null for the moment.
Starver has had three days to scum hunt the old fashioned way and so far has not done so, but has posted a whole lot of stuff on game mechanics. While that's well and good, it needs to be coupled with scum hunting.

Any questions?
Generic Arms Race.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

annihilate

To quote me, from earlier (two pages back, seem to have not been ncluded the quote ref in my paste buffer, sorry!):
By the way, I presume its the Swap that went to King and then to 4mask that just came back to me (via unknown 4th/5thmetc parties, or not?). It's possible someone wanted to test my claim like I tested King's. Or maybe someone wanted the Kill Action.  Putting that out there. (They missed, whatever the idea, and that someone now newly has the "Twice per night you can swap a copy of this ability with an ability belonging to everyone targeting you. Action: Swap.", instead,.)  FYI. It's there for you to work on if I don't play this good enough from this point on.

I used Swap on King, today, and have been unable to use any other day-skill since.

ROFLed when I found someone had tried to Swap with me and only ended up Swapping with my identical Swap, which remains/becomes unusable for both of us...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 38