Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF Noobie lazy noob or masterworks?  (Read 510 times)

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF Noobie lazy noob or masterworks?
« on: October 18, 2017, 05:37:03 pm »

I am still a noob haven't played in a while but even when I did I was still learning. So as a noob which is best to start with and why? Although a noob I have a basic understanding of the game. Thank you.

P. S. Any really good let's plays you can recommend?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: DF Noobie lazy noob or masterworks?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 08:34:47 pm »

I am still a noob haven't played in a while but even when I did I was still learning. So as a noob which is best to start with and why? Although a noob I have a basic understanding of the game. Thank you.

P. S. Any really good let's plays you can recommend?

Lazy newb. I don't use it personally. I would use Masterwork if I could get it working.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 09:13:35 pm »

I learned with quickstart guide on the wiki; there's also PeredexisErrant's guide. I've also helped review WanderingKid's videos, which are shortish and good outside of making a mistake with forgetting Mining was a moodable skill.

But, for a change, I throw this with YT link inside at thee :v Haven't watched myself because 47 mins is a time too, though.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:59:53 am »

Masterwork is more for pro players. Someone who is still learning vanilla might experience information overload when attempting to learn it. Even I am very familiar with vanilla, and still I'm astonished at the extensiveness of the mod. It's not designed for newbs for sure.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.