Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: "Migrating" Human Adventurer and Comrades to Dwarven Fortress/AKA Different Civ  (Read 446 times)

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a human adventurer as well as two of his comrades holed up in my newish fort. I unretired it, looked, and saw the my playable adventurer, Ahang, was listed as a citizen. Great, I thought, and then searched one of his followers names, only to find no the results. I took a peek at the "Other" tab (which now has 200+ listings, almost all sapiants, humans and dwarves as well as thrips man or two). I searched the name again, and there it was. However, it was listed as "Hostile". Is there a reason for my comrades not settling here as well? Is it because they're from a different civ, or are they spiteful of this particular civilization? This feature worked fine in my old fortress, though my comrade was a dwarf himself then. Does anyone know how this feature functions and what the pre-requisites are? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably a mixture of both reasons, hostile because inherently something about your dwarven society repulses them (or vice versa) and they are not related to your civ and therefore a uninvited stranger without actually traveling the borders between civs as a adventurer type on friendly terms.

Try asking them to be hearthspeople at a settlement you own first (and make sure they have 'like' or 'tolerate' appropriate entity tags for that site) you can sort of take over a dwarven site over time using social skills.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:06:23 am by FantasticDorf »

youngbab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably a mixture of both reasons, hostile because inherently something about your dwarven society repulses them (or vice versa) and they are not related to your civ and therefore a uninvited stranger without actually traveling the borders between civs as a adventurer type on friendly terms.

Try asking them to be hearthspeople at a settlement you own first (and make sure they have 'like' or 'tolerate' appropriate entity tags for that site) you can sort of take over a dwarven site over time using social skills.

Hmm... Speaking of hearthspeople, they're loyal to "The Lone Councils", as is my adventurer. Could this be what's making them not want to join? As for making them hearthspeople, should I create a site nearby, claim it, and then add them as hearthpersons that way? Or do I need to claim the fortress itself?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 03:32:47 pm by youngbab »