Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to God IC  (Read 6949 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Roll to God IC
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:01:49 am »

OOC

Spoiler: Gods (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Locations (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Flora/Fauna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 07:05:14 am by Wozzy »

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God IC
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 10:02:26 am »

This universe began as many others usually do: someone was very bored.

With the wave of a hand, a brand new cosmos was created, and within it, a single star with a newly minted planet. As the planet began to cool, the figure created a single pool of boiling liquid. Before departing the universe, the figure spoke one phrase: "Only one will be worthy of ruling this universe."

From within the miasma, 5 figures emerged. They were Acter, Mutaeguer, Digita, Septus, and akeraun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 10:08:59 am »

start with an aggressive move, and attempt to expand my energy reserve.
"As much as I do not want to rule, I also do not particularly care for being struck down or cast out."
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 10:54:27 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 11:23:45 am »

"Dibs on ruling."

Digita teleports a few miles in a random direction, away from the other gods. She extends her palm into the ground and sends a pulse deep into the ground. That pulse causes geothermal energy to begin seeping up through the ground. At the same time, she begins to convert the surface of the area into metal, extending underground a short distance.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 11:31:07 am »

"Interesting."

Examine the boiling liquid.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 12:24:49 pm »

Hmn? Ruling? It's overrated. I prefer and advisory role.

Now though... I think we'll need to improve this place a bit before it can hold life.

Begin working the world so that rather than being a molten sphere, it has areas upon which living beings can survive.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 12:52:22 pm »

Turn 0.2

start with an aggressive move, and attempt to expand my energy reserve.
"As much as I do not want to rule, I also do not particularly care for being struck down or cast out."

(4)After a moment of focus, akeraun sends out a pulse of energy that all the other gods can feel. akeraun also looks a touch stronger. -500 CP

"Dibs on ruling."

Digita teleports a few miles in a random direction, away from the other gods. She extends her palm into the ground and sends a pulse deep into the ground. That pulse causes geothermal energy to begin seeping up through the ground. At the same time, she begins to convert the surface of the area into metal, extending underground a short distance.

(5,3) Digits travels North, or at least, what is now determined to be North. As her first task, she takes advantage of the raw planet to cause geothermal vents to rise, not yet cracking on the surface. The next task ends up not being as easy. The ground now has a slight metalic sheen, but it probably isn't as hard, or as deep as she would have liked. -800 CP

"Interesting."

Examine the boiling liquid.

Septus determined that this bubbling pool is some sort of one way portal, but isn't able to figure out much more. They are soon interrupted by the appearance of another god: Alaheris.

Hmn? Ruling? It's overrated. I prefer and advisory role.

Now though... I think we'll need to improve this place a bit before it can hold life.

Begin working the world so that rather than being a molten sphere, it has areas upon which living beings can survive.
(4)Acter begins the task of making the surrounding area hospitable. Rather than hard, volcanic rock, the ground begins to turn into soil, capable of sustaining life. -400 CP

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 12:54:58 pm »

Digita creates a small, hovering ball of energy, and grants it basic sentience. The creature, which she dubs "Binary", consumes pure energy seeping up through the ground and uses that to split and form more Binaries. When threatened, it discharges bolts of lightning in defense. She observes the entity as it begins its "Life".
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 01:00:57 pm »

"I would agree, acter. Perhaps a pact against those who would see us dead is in order?"
help after to make the world hospitable for beings other than ourselves.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 01:16:27 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 01:14:06 pm »

"If allowed I would like to join this 'we don't want to rule but we want to live group'"

aid in making the world hospitable to mortals.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 02:38:50 pm »

Only one? Firstly, what proves this as undeniable truth? Second, this could mean only one god, or only one group of gods. So, one does not have to lead alone.

Mutaeguer will create a large, spherical structure with a hole through the middle from from to back, like a bead, and dubs it a Terran Sphear. It will move in a spiral path out from the currently soiled land, and change the land it crosses over into similarly soiled land. This process requires CP, which gods can input into it freely up to its capacity. The land created would differ to different degrees if gods of different spheres put mana into it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 03:09:34 pm »

Only one? Firstly, what proves this as undeniable truth? Second, this could mean only one god, or only one group of gods. So, one does not have to lead alone.
"I would presume that from the wording of whatever being brought us here, one among us will attempt to rise to power and kill, seal, or banish those who oppose them. Even if we do not,  I feel the being that brought us here has other methods of culling the pack If we somehow manage to avoid all conflict."

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 05:11:09 pm »

Turn 1
Digita creates a small, hovering ball of energy, and grants it basic sentience. The creature, which she dubs "Binary", consumes pure energy seeping up through the ground and uses that to split and form more Binaries. When threatened, it discharges bolts of lightning in defense. She observes the entity as it begins its "Life".
(5) Digits easily created the single 'being.' In fact, it works so well, that it immediately splits into three. -50 CP

"I would agree, acter. Perhaps a pact against those who would see us dead is in order?"
help after to make the world hospitable for beings other than ourselves.
(4) You offer up your assistance, and by following his lead, you help him cover twice as much area.
 -500 CP

"If allowed I would like to join this 'we don't want to rule but we want to live group'"

aid in making the world hospitable to mortals.
(5) You also assist Acter, but in addition to providing more soil, you make it extra fertile. -400

Mutaeguer will create a large, spherical structure with a hole through the middle from from to back, like a bead, and dubs it a Terran Sphear. It will move in a spiral path out from the currently soiled land, and change the land it crosses over into similarly soiled land. This process requires CP, which gods can input into it freely up to its capacity. The land created would differ to different degrees if gods of different spheres put mana into it.

(5) With a little luck, and a handful of CP, you manage to create the first artifact of the game!
-800 CP

Everyone* recovers 100 CP, and akeraun recovers an extra 25 CP.  The Terran Sphere continues creating fertile soil as it travels.

*Only includes those below their max threshold
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:01:12 am by Wozzy »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 05:42:00 pm »

"Soil. Excellent, and my thanks."

Septus samples the atmosphere. Can it support life?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 05:43:21 pm »

Digita consumes all her remaining CP to attempt to augment her recovery rate. She observes the spread of Binaries, and rests.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:41:53 am by Coolrune206 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6