Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Roll to God IC  (Read 6975 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God IC
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 05:48:15 pm »

*Acter observes, and is pleased*
Nice work, all! Now... we kinda need plants before we can have animals, aye? Septus, if you might assist with this?

Focus my power toward improving my recovery rate while I wait, as it appears to be the fashionable thing to do right now.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 06:53:48 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2017, 05:57:09 pm »

focus my power inward again, and expand my reserves a second time.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2017, 07:53:37 pm »

Alaheris starts creating water to form an ocean.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2017, 06:22:13 am »

"Soil. Excellent, and my thanks."

Septus samples the atmosphere. Can it support life?

You quickly determine that yes, it can support life.

Out of the portal comes yet another god: Dikaios.

[you will need at least 500 CP to power up, but you can rest for a turn to restore twice as much CP]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:25:30 am by Wozzy »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2017, 07:54:41 am »

rest for a little bit,  and ponder other ways of drawing energy into myself.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2017, 09:47:45 am »

Rest for this turn. Just observe the workings of the Terran Sphear for now.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2017, 01:17:53 pm »

"For the good of us all, I am willing to assist."

Septus pulls energy into his mouth, and blows into his hand, forming seeds for the first plants. Septus tosses the seeds into the air and blows upon them, scattering them. The first three plant species:

Puffballs. A Puffball is a grassy sort of plant. Though it is green for most of its life, it turns white and red when it reaches maturity. When it turns white and red, it forms a "puffball" of seeds and detaches them whenever a strong wind hits. Once the seeds are detached, the Puffball plant withers and dies, forming fertilizer for the next generation. The seeds of the Puffball are engineered to effectively glide in strong winds. Puffballs are engineered to all mature at the same time, so when seeding time comes, fields turn white and red.

Winding Vines. Winding Vines are a vine sort of plant that can spread horizontally and vertically. Winding Vines are predatory, slowly eating Puffballs they encounter and hollowing out the trunks of Smoke Trees to use as a seeding mechanism. Winding Vines will create a sort of pressure chamber inside a Smoke Tree to use as a breeding mechanism. When the pressure reaches maximum, the Smoke Tree's trunk explodes, sending Winding Vine fragments everywhere. Winding Vines do not use seeds to reproduce, but rather reproduce via budding, so the scattered fragments end up taking root.

Smoke Trees. Smoke Trees are grey-colored tree plants that are the only plants to bear fruit. Smoke Trees bear fruits specially made to supply energy for the Binaries created by Digita. When a Binary eats one of the fruit, in addition to being fueled by it, it keeps a Smoke Tree seed inside of it for a few days, whereupon the seed exudes a smoky substance and uses that to pass out of the Binary without hurting it, landing and taking root.

If Septus does not have enough CP to create all three new plant species, he creates only Puffballs.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2017, 08:18:03 pm »

"There shall be an impartial light, one that shine indiscriminately on all that live. The Light of Judgement"

Create the Light of Judgement, the first second Star.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 08:37:43 pm by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2017, 08:22:42 pm »

"There shall be an impartial light, one that shine indiscriminately on all that live. The Light of Judgement"

Create the Light of Judgement, the first Star.
(Second star. The first was created when we were created by whatever created us.)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2017, 08:39:17 pm »

Create the Light of Judgement, the first Star.
(Second star. The first was created when we were created by whatever created us.)
(Oh right :(
Well, no one will know it was the second if I destroy the first!)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2017, 09:12:11 pm »

Whispermill God of earth cartwheels out of the portal.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2017, 07:22:53 am »

Spirel flickers into existence.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2017, 03:56:47 pm »

Turn 2

Alaheris starts creating water to form an ocean.
(3) You struggle trying to form water out of thin air, but you manage to at least get halfway there. The sky is filled with rain clouds, ready to rain down on the location of your choice.

"For the good of us all, I am willing to assist."

Septus pulls energy into his mouth, and blows into his hand, forming seeds for the first plants. Septus tosses the seeds into the air and blows upon them, scattering them. The first three plant species:

[words]

If Septus does not have enough CP to create all three new plant species, he creates only Puffballs.

(4,4,6)
Creating seeds are easy enough, and you scatter all three varieties outwards. The ones that land on the fertile soil immediately take root, while the ones on the wasteland go dormant, waiting for their chance to grow.

Your first two plants turn out as intended, but you use a bit too much power on the Smoking Trees. Shouldn't be that big of an issue, right?

Create the Light of Judgement, the first second Star.

(6) A fledgling god such as yourself doesn't have nearly enough power to create a star that is as powerful as this planet's sun...so you try to simply create a bright light and throw it into the vortex of space. This exhausting task takes an even greater toll on you, as you temporarily blind everyone before flinging the ball of energy away. The dark storm clouds, which are currently blotting out the sun, do nothing to stop this light, and upon reaching its resting place, your shadow seems to disappear. How odd. -800

Digita, akeraun, and Mutaeguer rest, weary from their previous actions. As they do, the Binaries (thank you for showing me the plural version you desired) explore their surroundings, passively sucking up the geothermic energy. The Terran Sphere has converted another large chunk of terrain into fertile soil, and doesn't look to be stopping any time soon.

Acter uses his remaining energy to bolster his power, not looking to be outdone by akeraun.

Spoiler: Creations (click to show/hide)

Edit: Updates complete, let me know if I missed something
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 07:09:17 am by Wozzy »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 05:02:42 pm »

Whispermill begins work on creating a vast stone temple to live inside, at this point A building that is just a bunch of obnoxiously elaborate granite pillars supporting a wide triangular prism with a white sand floor.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2017, 08:10:59 pm »

Alaheris continues making the oceans.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6