Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Spawning in Necromancy Books/Adding Secrets etc. in DFHack?-  (Read 12876 times)

janxious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • buy me a coffee
Re: Spawning in Necromancy Books/Adding Secrets etc. in DFHack?-
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2019, 04:47:10 am »

To make this work in 44.12, the line "book.flags2.has_written_content = true" needs to be "book.flags2.unk_book = true".
so many orthoclase blocks

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2019, 05:20:08 am »

No sleep either, and no tiring - expect training can still tire them, which will then get stuck at that level, and zombies may attack necromancers anyway.

It has its uses, but it is overall simpler to just keep using the automated food and drink production you already have set up.

One could keep a separate vault full of a few necromancers as a backup force. Train them in arms, marksdwarfship, and farming. The farming is so they can get food - you could rotate people between farming and training - and since they don't reproduce, their food supply wouldn't be strained by the children who would be born in a vault full of normal dwarves.
Necromancers do reproduce.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2019, 09:31:33 pm »

No sleep either, and no tiring - expect training can still tire them, which will then get stuck at that level, and zombies may attack necromancers anyway.

It has its uses, but it is overall simpler to just keep using the automated food and drink production you already have set up.

One could keep a separate vault full of a few necromancers as a backup force. Train them in arms, marksdwarfship, and farming. The farming is so they can get food - you could rotate people between farming and training - and since they don't reproduce, their food supply wouldn't be strained by the children who would be born in a vault full of normal dwarves.
Will their children be necromantic or normal?

DerMeister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2019, 04:30:08 am »

Normal, I think.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2019, 03:30:22 pm »

Normal, I think.

How early do children read?

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2019, 06:03:28 pm »

Wow, this thread's still going? :P I spawned in a slab in the world in question, turns out it had a god of death but nobody had gotten around to making one.

I used said slab to power up an Outsider in Adventure Mode, on an island to the east of the main continent that was only inhabited by a small Adventurer-staffed town, run by my former character and his followers who killed the world's last megabeast and brought about The Golden Age (and said titan's body, which is enshrined in a temple there), the titan's lair and a Dwarven colony I later set up there in Fortress Mode to supply them with food.

I proceeded to travel to the abandoned lair, raise the hundred or so corpses the titan had gathered over the centuries, used them to swarm the fortress and wipe it out, raised all of the dwarves, then razed the Adventurer town, adding the fallen heroes and Titan to my undead legions.

After using my new servants to build myself a palace, I retired the Adventurer and now plan to wait until the main continent's world war is over (every civ is at war with one another, it's horrendous), and pull a Long Night on them after a few years of peace. My main fortress, now the Mountainhome, will be the first target; I built a vault to house the metric Urist-ton of adamantine I'd refined and turned into weapons, so I'll be assuming a disguise and pulling off a bank heist.  8)

On that note, the world is from an older version and even after being updated I can't send raiding parties out in Fortress Mode so if anyone has any ideas on how I can end all these wars give me a shout, there's a zombie apocalypse to kick off.
Pages: 1 2 [3]