Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Still can't brew, no empty food storages  (Read 967 times)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
Still can't brew, no empty food storages
« on: October 23, 2017, 01:21:56 am »

Please help me figure out why my still is not brewing.

When you open the savegame you will see a still right next to a Plants stockpile and a Rock Pots stockpile. These stockpiles aren't linked to anything, the still isn't linked to anything, yet the still says it needs an empty food storage to brew drinks.  :o

Why?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:26:54 am by Nagidal »
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Still can't brew, no empty food storages
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 02:15:34 am »

All your empty pots are made of unglazed earthenware. This is the only material that isn't liquid-proof and is thus not used to store food. Either glaze the earthenware pots (uses ressources and labour and is hard to restrict to the desired pots instead of, say, granite ones) or make some more pots and barrels from other materials.

The still is set up properly and will start producing again once you have fitting containers. I let the carpentry make some barrels and everything worked fine.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 02:17:47 am »

Aye, can confirm. Though, you might want to reserve some barrels in stockpile menu, otherwise all your new barrels will be used to store food 'n stuff instead of being available for brewing.

||

(Got distracted by cat and got ninjad by Larix.)

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 02:31:37 am »

Thanks a lot for your quick replies. I completely forgot about how earthenware works.  ::)
I stream most of my DF sessions: gaming.youtube/nagidal146, they are archived on my youtube channel. (Dwarf Fortress Tutorials)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 02:58:01 am »

Is Larix' statement about food storage completely correct? I thought unglazed earthenware was unfit for liquid storage, but still could be used for "normal" food? Obviously it's the liquid part that's the crucial issue for the OP.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 04:35:50 am »

They don't seem to place them in food stockpile

||

Will accept jobs to place empty sandstone and full granite pots, however, once I unforbid them.

Nagidal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My gaming channel
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2017, 10:52:33 am »

I glazed the pots, now they can hold liquids, too. Problem solved for me.