Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 22799 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)
« on: October 23, 2017, 11:07:36 pm »

Epilogue

The
ETERNAL SAGA (ic yay) ooc here

ACT 1: The Genesis of the World

From nothingness, there was a light. A blazing, radiant light that tore dimensions and planes apart, creating a new drop of existence in the infinity of the Multiverse. A new Universe was born.

Like moths to a flame, divine beings came forth, attracted by the pulsating core of the newborn dimension.

In the Divine Plane, first came the Greater Ones Nefertem, Cerediron and Lu.
In the Divine Plane, then came the Ascended Ones Erin Quill and Shal.
In the Outer Plane, finally came the Other One Akrathh.

In this virgin world, the possibilities are infinite. The opportunity to rule and create from nothingness, to become the pioneers of a new world. Surely all of them have plans laid out, visions of greatness, dreams of towering monuments to their glory...

But their reverie comes to and end, as they see three shapes standing over the first planetary body. Before the Concepts, there were Three Entities. Three Titanic Ones.

Urgast, Watcher of the Beginning.
Efanel, Herald of the End.
Gaol Ludyn, Keeper of Precepts.

They stand atop the First World, its vibrant body orbiting around the First Sun. Already the dimensional walls are forming, preventing future intrusions to pass easily and unnoticed. After all, to enter a universe, one must either break in through force or be invited by one of its residents.

The voice of Urgast, a great white and red serpent with a single eye instead of a head, echoes across the cosmos.
Efanel and Gaol Ludyn stand beside Urgast, unflinching.
Efanel is a mighty colossus with six mighty arms ending in the head of terrifying beasts. On its torso is the head of a dragon.
Gaol Ludyn is a cloaked entity with a hundred limbless hands and innumerable eyes. Many archs float above its head.

[None of you are welcome in this new universe. Leave all at once.]

The group of divine ones are left with a harsh choice. To leave and give up on their aspirations, or find a way to dethrone the current rulers of the cosmos.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:50:10 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:10:25 pm »

PLAYERS STATUS

GREATER ONES

OTHER ONES

ASCENDED ONES

« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 09:17:23 pm by Nakéen »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:22:32 pm »

Hmn?
Mmm, afraid I don't really have the resources for that right now. If you'd lend us a second universe we can do our stuff in while you get this one to yourselves, though, it should be a win/win, aye?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 11:33:46 pm »

Speaking with its 7 heads, the Herald of the End replied.
"Leave and hope a Primordial One create a new Universe for you, Greater One. This is our ultimatum, none of you will be left unscathed if you persist in your intrusion."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:48:16 pm »

Titanous ones, you know this to be untrue. Each of us has been drawn to this world for it calls out to us, welcomes us. It pulls us in, gives us shape, and in turn we will come to shape it. It is the unavoidable path of fate. This you know to be true. We will come to inhabit this world. The question is, whether or not we shall share it. I would prefer to, but am not afraid to follow the path of destiny wherever it leads.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 11:55:24 pm »

Ah, this is always the way with the Titanic. Thinking themselves unsinkable, they fall in the end. Your bones will make such fine art.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 12:04:45 am »

A deep voice carried by mystic vibrations shook the Divine Plane as the third Titan spoke.
"We bear no ill toward you, kin of divine descent. But this world is one that cannot be shared. And we know all too better that none of us are different. We will follow our own desires and dreams, carved by a greater fate into our divine souls. The way of conflict can be avoided, but for that you all will have to leave."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 12:35:22 am »

Now you have me curious. Would you mind explaining why the world is one that cannot be shared? Perhaps we will come to a peaceable agreement, for once.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 12:46:59 am »

"Time is of essence, and silence of gold. Here ends our ultimatum. I apologize."

A blazing spear appeared in front of the Herald of the End.

"When these flames will be extinguished, this spear will pierce one of you."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 08:08:14 am »

"I Want not to Fight ya, But ya same ta thank ya can just kick us out when we war made by the same forces as ye, Now Sod off ya bloody buggers or this will be a case where quantity is a quality that wull be yer downfull."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2017, 03:22:04 pm »

If you must insist on fighting, so be it. I implore you to reason, however. I doubt we can, or should, leave, any more than you can or should leave.

Use my Essence sphere, decipher the truth of these beings. What are they, what are their strengths, their weaknesses?
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2017, 06:06:26 pm »

If you must insist on fighting, so be it. I implore you to reason, however. I doubt we can, or should, leave, any more than you can or should leave.

Use my Essence sphere, decipher the truth of these beings. What are they, what are their strengths, their weaknesses?

As a Greater One, Cerediron could naturally see the true nature of all that existed. He made the perception of the essential aspects his specialty, he was the most apt to analyze the fearsome Titans.

Titanic Ones, radiating with the essence of the universe. As Titanic Ones, they simultaneously wield Creation, Destruction and Rule Making.

As Titanic Ones, their combined power vastly surpassed the combined powers of the 6. At least it should have: Cerediron noticed an anomaly. Power was missing in the equation.

For some unknown reason, these Titans were not appearing to him as powerful as they should be. Instead of blazing like the light of the big bang, they shone with the light of a dozen suns.

Where could all that divine energy had gone?

Apart from that inconsistency, he can see no weakness in their form. After all, all that is divine knows no weakness but its very divinity.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2017, 06:13:36 pm »

Erin leans in, supporting himself on an ethereal quarterstaff.
Just pondering, any specific reason you don't want us here? Or just upset you're not the only ones?
D'y'got any practice fightin' off deities?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2017, 06:17:44 pm »

The spear's flames are going to wane soon.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2017, 08:50:44 pm »

Nefertem surreptitiously slips Lu three acts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 25