Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 22592 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era
« Reply #360 on: May 19, 2018, 02:46:48 pm »

Has there been a time when it wasn't?
Nope. That's what makes it so much fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: May 19, 2018, 04:49:33 pm »

Has there been a time when it wasn't?
Nope. That's what makes it so much fun.
>:(

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: May 19, 2018, 09:52:36 pm »

As the world comes to the end of an era, the Ascended Goddess Shal was not idle; at first weaving an immense temporal distortion; buying her more precious time to talk with her people with one final address:

"Keepers... We stand here at the end of an age; the End of the Age of Gods. I wish it wasn't so sudden, and I apologize for not being able to forewarn you of its passing, but the Prophecies of the Primordial sort transcend Time itself; and even Gods are powerless to stop their passing.

But do not despair. Your civilization has grown; and you should be able to stand on your own, and neither will I merely leave you without a parting gift. But first; I feel that I should tell you just what you are guarding: A Prison, one containing a being of immense power that is beyond even the gods: A Primordial One. With the end of the Age of Gods; this Prison will slowly fade and fail.

You have all served your Task well; but alas all things will fall in time. Do not lament; for this is not the end. Although I must leave soon; I will prepare a repository, one that should protect mortals from the rigors of the Unreality that exists between the universes. Those who wish to follow me may do so; those whom wish to stay are equally welcome. The choice is yours; but do remember that time is not indefinite; although I am twisting time to allow you a greater period of deliberation.

The Task as it exists is completed. The choice is yours and yours alone."

After deliberations are done; she gives an additional address to any whom stay behind:
"To those of you who are staying; know that you will see the first day of the Age of Mortals. Like I said I will not leave you without guidance.."

And with that, Shal creates a new Servant, a Greater Servant embodying both Time and Space. A servant named Sally, the Time-space Elemental. No; Shal is not great with names. That should be obvious.

"Sally will guide you in my stead... Like I have said; the Task as it exists is completed; your lives are yours to live. Will you travel to new lands? Will you stay? To those who wish to continue to honor the Great Task, I ask of you: Are you Jailkeepers, or Protectors of the Primordial as it slumbers? This is a question you must ask yourselves; as the Task as originally envisioned was to prevent any from possibly setting off a potential powder keg... To those who wish to travel, I have one gift to you in particular, so that you will never be too far from home..."

And with that Shal creates a Grand System, The Paths to Home; facilitating travel as long as the travelers hold no ill intentions towards those at their destination; that always ensures that they'll never be too far from home.

"Your purpose is your own now; Remember that. Farewell."

"Now; those of you coming with me... Please; rest easy; when you wake up next we'll be at our new home. Please, allow the stasis to take hold upon you; witnessing the Unreality is something that may just break you.."

As her Final Act upon the world, she makes a nigh indestructible artifact: The Eternal Repository; one with a vastly larger interior; that can enact said interior into perfect stasis... One that can only be opened with a password that only she knows and a great amount of effort.. All to facilitate the transport of mortals across the Unreality between Universes... Obviously she loads up those who wish to follow her in the Repository.

As she moves to join Nefertem upon his Ark; she addresses Gaol Ludyn:

"Just to let you know; if you merely asked I probably would have helped you... No real coercion or prophecies needed.."

And so, she joins Nefertem in Leaving the Universe; although she's prepped to leave on her own if he dawdles too much...

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: May 19, 2018, 09:58:55 pm »

Loved that Sir Elventide

((Glad you liked it and what you wrote about Reyginaga is very appropriate and wonderful. Thanks!))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: May 20, 2018, 04:45:53 am »

The
ETERNAL SAGA
ooc here

ACT 2: The First Era

---

Final Turn: Twilight of the Old World (Part 1)

This is it. The Final Hour. Mortality, Divinity and Aberration are becoming one, and no one can predict what will come next.

Niké the Polar, Great Rule Maker of Torpor and Rest, Growth and Maturity, Cycles and Seasons

As the Old World started to disappear, Niké turned toward the infinite non-existence that made up the interstice of the many universes. Toward the future. Yet Kuli and Nolei, his two Servants, couldn't follow the lead of their creator. They couldn't avert their eyes from the harmonious destruction that was taking place, as they felt that if they didn't, they would lose something very precious.

Niké reassured them, for it was natural to feel that way. They were part of the world, and the world was also part of them.

Niké left the Universe aboard the Lifeboat.

Mavnon, Other One of Alteration, Change and Secrecy

Mavnon took her Realm with her, vanishing from the Universe and returning to the Void she came from.

But before she left, she attempted a titanic task. To bend the whole Universe to her will. She wished to destroy everything that was built, so that all would follow the vision she had for the New World.

First, she attempted to convert the entire changing universe, still unstable and unpredictable, into a 'Fully Automated Luxury Gay Space Communism' construct.

Then, she intended to completely wipe out any trace of the gods from the memory of the mortals. To that end, she wished to rewrite the minds of all so that items and beings of divine origins were created by ancestors or Nature itself. She also tried to corrupt the Advisor so that it would now speak not in the likehood of the Gods, but of 'Nature'.

Next, she tried to destroy all magic to replace it with her own Eternal System of Magic.
1. Law of Divinity: There is no god, no divine. All powers that are said to be sourced from a divine become ineffective.
2: Law of Souls: Souls do not exist. All personality and capacity for thought reside in the brain.
3: Law of Grammar: The Divine Language does not exist.
4: Law of Communism: If anything that is required to work the FALGSC is magical, it is exempted from Laws 1-3.

And finally, she created 5 million Neonborn, creatures with the power of 20 Acts Servants, which, in her own words were:
Creatures of pure neonlight who naturally absorb magic and indeed, prevent magic from being cast in a 1km radius around them. The Neonborn are instructed to spread around the world and eradicate it of all magic. Neonborn can transform to take on other shapes/bodies, but still having the anti-magical effect. All Neonborn have the intelligence, wisdom, charisma, and strength of a 20 Act Servant. Create 5 million Neonborn. Neonborn lack ambition or mortal desires, simply doing what is required to end magic. Neonborn  are instructed to never go so out of their way to perform their task that they destroy the world, commit genocide, make life impossible, or utterly reduce life quality. Neonborn are instructed to maintain the FALGSC system and steward the world's lifeforms.

Her plan was perfect. Or so she thought.
Erin Quill was the last Divine One to leave, and in his omniscience, noticed Mavnon's attempt.
Furthermore, Lu and Reyginaga still remained behind. Not to mention Gaol Ludyn.

If no one stopped her, she would indeed undo all that was built by the other Gods...

Mavnon will probably leave the universe

Nefertem the Long Deep, Great Creator of Light, Beauty and Suffering

Nefertem gazed at the sundering world, a perfect spectacle of beauty of suffering. Perhaps the most beautiful he had ever been given to see. Before leaving, he grabbed a portion of leaking power to imbue it into Umlor the Savage Maw, enough to make it a being of power equal to that of the Great Servant Limikkarat. Nefertem had plan for the Great Monster, and only the future would tell what would become of Umlor.

Embracing the Lifeboat in his divine light, Nefertem then proceeded to create a path toward the unknown. Toward another future.

Nefertem left the Universe aboard the Lifeboat.

Erin Quill, Keeper of the Silver Skies, Ace of Cogs Ascended One of Magic, Technology and Improvement

Erin Quill had a few final tasks before leaving the universe. First, he created a Greater Servant called the Wanderer. In his words:

A Wanderer of sand and steel, made in humanoid image, that would walk the world as Erin had done before so many times, aiding those in need. They bear a blindfold, and within them is the constant turning of gears. Their decisions will be as Erin's ones, though they will not claim to be the same person. Its name shall be Aaron, it will wield the Divine language of magic in all its forms, and it will teach it to those who should receive it.

Then Erin created two Laws, one for the Wanderer and one for the Webzya which he had removed from the vicinity of the City of the Silver Skies.
1. "The Wanderer shall never be destroyed so long as they continue to work for the good of all mortals."
2. "No disguise can last forever, nor can any malicious deception. Corruption may flourish for a time, but in the end, it will always be defeated, as will all those who serve it."

Finally, Erin Quill created one last Law.
3. "Everything is going to be ok."

Waiting until the very last instant of the Universe before leaving, Erin stood as a witness for its final hour.

Erin Quill will probably leave the Universe.

Akrathh, Other One of Death, Magic and Chaos

Looking upon the merging world one final time, Akrathh appeared before all its followers and creations. To them, he gave his final words. Words of trust, courage, and hope for the future. The Words of their Creator, who despite his departure, trusted into their ability to carve their path into a godless world.

On a great pillar, Akrathh then carved the Last Word. A Divine Artifact that would project incorporeal images of Akrathh above it, and embody him to an extent.

Spoiler: THE LAST WORD (click to show/hide)

Then the Other One nonchalantly left the universe, toward the next one.

Akrathh left the Universe.

Shal, Ascended One of Space, Time and Gravity

Shal had decided to spend the last moments of the old world with her children, the Keepers. Like the caring Goddess she had always been toward them, she took great care in explaining to them the causes and consequences of the Merging. The Death of the Old World, and the Birth of a New World.

The Keepers lamented the departure of their Goddess, and many couldn't help but plead her to stay, or take them with her. Moved, Shal gave them words of Hope, and as a final gift and act of love, created a Greater Servant of Time and Space, Sally the Time-Space Elemental. Her last and most powerful child, she was to be the new guide of the Keepers and all of Shal's creations.

Then Shal left for the Lifeboat. On her way, she gazed at the inevitable end of the old world. Inspired, and not done, she created a System, the Paths of Home which in her words:

facilitating travel as long as the travelers hold no ill intentions towards those at their destination; that always ensures that they'll never be too far from home

And finally, as her true final act, she created the Eternal Repository. A Divine Artifact. Inside, she invited her followers who wished to come. Many Keepers came, but many stayed too.

Now ready to leave, she boarded the Lifeboat, not before addressing one final word to Gaol Ludyn.
"Just to let you know; if you merely asked I probably would have helped you... No real coercion or prophecies needed.."

The Titan smiled.
"None of us are perfect. May you and your brethen never fall to the despair that was our undoing. I will wish you a safe travel in the Great Interstice."

Shal left the Universe aboard the Lifeboat.

Reyginaga, Other One of Fate and Probability, Ambition and Drive, and Knowledge and Comprehension

Her eyes closed, Reyginaga watched the end enfolding, and also watched the last actions of the other Gods. If she so decided, she could decide to oppose any of the last actions.

Elitholi, Other One of Depravity, Insanity and Darkness

Elitholi left the Universe.

Lu, Great Destructor of Life, Undeath and Birds

Lu will probably stay in the Universe.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:07:59 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Final Turn)
« Reply #365 on: May 20, 2018, 04:48:05 am »

[Due to some cheeky little goddess, the Final Turn will be cut in two parts! Only Erin, Reyginaga and Lu may post an action to see if they oppose Mavnon or not, or anything else that was made.

In order of "power", Reyginaga will be the strongest as the only God to stay for sure.

Mavnon is unable to act due to being busy with a super big action]

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: May 20, 2018, 08:14:59 am »

Erin cancels everything Mavnon just did, and shoves them into the pyre/sun, then makes sure they're dead and kills them if they aren't.
His own escape, thankfully, is already covered by the enchantment he already put down.

Furthermore, if Lu does not awaken in time to make a decision as to whether or not to leave, Erin will take him with him to wherever he goes next. This is no longer applicable.

EDIT: Culat, Hejah, Lung Lukong, I the Rifja, Balik the Uncaring, Xergas, Sambad, Thomaas the Architect, Tian Shu, and Baicha are all granted the Divine Language with which to do magic, as well as having the details of that explained to them. Baicha is also informed that long ago, it was I that granted Tian Shu his ability to make the wondrous crafts he created, and with this gift, he will have such skills too.
(And just so we’re clear, everyone in the City of Silver Skies as of last turn knows the language, too. Don’t want to make it seem like any of them were left out.)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:36:01 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: May 20, 2018, 09:00:33 am »

Swelling with power, his two forms swirling into a single behemoth, Lu invokes the final wish of Efanel, resurrecting him and begining the final prophecy of the Heralds of the End.

The time has come.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 09:13:42 am by Roboson »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: May 20, 2018, 06:07:27 pm »

Being omniscient, Mavnon flees and cancels her action before Quill or any other god is able to do anything. Of course, as everyone else is also omniscient, this is complicated by the fact that everyone also knows that she is going to flee and when, but also that she also knows that they know and that they know  that she know that they knows that she know ad infinitum. Regardless of the complications that is opposing omnisciences, Mavnon shrugs and heads off to the Void. Gods are silly things, after all.

As she flees, Mavnon leaves to the song of yakety sax.

She also leaves with a final bit of 'poetry' directed towards Quill.

'Oh glim and gloom,
Oh pities and fools,
The chider-kin did walk
the steps of the Hogged Hedge

Infinities of Infinities
granted I did,
of illuminated paths
and luscient laughs
Doomed stillborn by
1*Prime

With sighs and swells
I doth go rimward
and remind neonself most offaly:
'Pssh. Staffs aren't Void.'

*Teleports behind Quill and tenderly kisses/massages his back, before bopping him and leaving.*

This all somehow goes well with the theme yakety sax cause infinite acts.It is also perfectly excellent and objectively good poetry.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 10:26:20 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: May 20, 2018, 10:40:25 pm »

Reyginaga sneered as Mavnon quickly cancelled her obnoxious antics and left the universe. Smart move.

However, to make sure that no one can undo any of the gods' acts upon the Original World and the universe, at least without severe consequences, she decided to add another Law to the System of Fate. After all, it's better to do things preemptively than to be caught unawares. Though she could feel herself fading into nothingness, Reyginaga opened her mouths and sucked in the leaking forces of the universe in preparation for her final hoorah.

Law of Absolution: No matter how powerful a god is or how insignificant a mortal is, all are ultimately bound to the impartial webs of fate. This goes doubly for systems in place as they too are merely extensions of fate, each having predetermined conditions, triggers, and outcomes that functions exactly as their makers intended. From The First System of Magic of Erin Quill to Shal's Paths to Home and other beneficial Laws and Systems, all are tightly weaved into the framework of Fate's webs. Anyone who attempt to abolish those Laws and Systems without first dissolving the this Law in a concentrated effort and failing to do so will receive the Curse of Reyginaga. They will see their great works crumble to dust and their plans and ambitions avail to nothing. Their followers, relations, and associates will renounce their allegiance to them and will aid in their downfall and their names will be invoked as a curse by future generations.

After adding this new Law, Reyginaga will expend all of her essence into this law in order to make it harder to break. Though Reyginaga has foreseen that this will result in her dissolution, she is intent on making its perpetuity a foregone conclusion...

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 20, 2018, 11:19:33 pm »

Reyginaga sneered as Mavnon quickly cancelled her obnoxious antics and left the universe. Smart move.

However, to make sure that no one can undo any of the gods' acts upon the Original World and the universe, at least without severe consequences, she decided to add another Law to the System of Fate. After all, it's better to do things preemptively than to be caught unawares. Though she could feel herself fading into nothingness, Reyginaga opened her mouths and sucked in the leaking forces of the universe in preparation for her final hoorah.

Law of Absolution: No matter how powerful a god is or how insignificant a mortal is, all are ultimately bound to the impartial webs of fate. This goes doubly for systems in place as they too are merely extensions of fate, each having predetermined conditions, triggers, and outcomes that functions exactly as their makers intended. From The First System of Magic of Erin Quill to Shal's Paths to Home and other beneficial Laws and Systems, all are tightly weaved into the framework of Fate's webs. Anyone who attempt to abolish those Laws and Systems without first dissolving the this Law in a concentrated effort and failing to do so will receive the Curse of Reyginaga. They will see their great works crumble to dust and their plans and ambitions avail to nothing. Their followers, relations, and associates will renounce their allegiance to them and will aid in their downfall and their names will be invoked as a curse by future generations.

After adding this new Law, Reyginaga will expend all of her essence into this law in order to make it harder to break. Though Reyginaga has foreseen that this will result in her dissolution, she is intent on making its perpetuity a foregone conclusion...
*quiet nodding*
Thank you, Rey.
You will be remembered. Perhaps, one day, you may return to us.

The Laws of Memory:
-Nothing remembered is ever truly gone, even if their only remnant is a lesson to the world.
-Nobody truly good may ever be fully forgotten.
-Reyginaga, when they dissolve into the world, will become Fate, and their name will never be forgotten.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 11:28:21 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 21, 2018, 12:00:46 am »

*quiet nodding*
Thank you, Rey.
You will be remembered. Perhaps, one day, you may return to us.

The Laws of Memory:
-Nothing remembered is ever truly gone, even if their only remnant is a lesson to the world.
-Reyginaga, when they dissolve into the world, will become Fate, and their name will never be forgotten.

"You're welcome Erin, thought all of this is quite the mess."

"A clusterfuck on an ungodly scale."

"Yet tis was fun while it lasted and will not be for naught."

"Even if the languages of the mortals eventually warp our true names beyond recognition, our deeds will remain unchanged and unforgotten."

"Farewell, fellow denizen of the cosmos, and may time and fate flow, intertwined and eternal."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)
« Reply #372 on: May 21, 2018, 04:21:17 am »

The
ETERNAL SAGA
ooc here

ACT 2: The First Era

---

Final Turn: Twilight of the Old World (Part 2)

As the End of the Universe drew to a close, the effects of the Merging on reality increased dangerously. While it started as a smooth and harmonious transition, the newforming Plane was still unstable and threatened to actually destroy the Universe.

The Last Gods

A battle of omniscience took place between Mavnon and Erin Quill as both mentally waged a war where they cancelled and out-cancelled each other's actions. Finally, Mavnon realized that Erin was quite relentless. As such, she booped him and promptly disappeared from the universe.

Mavnon has left the universe in a poetic burst accompanied by a yakety sax theme.

Following Mavnon's departure, Erin used his last moments to weave a Law. He could feel his power acting in an unstable manner, his divinity was already starting to wane because of the Merging.

Fortunately, Erin succeeded in stabilizing his power and created the Laws of Memory.
The Laws of Memory:

Even though time was running short, Erin managed to impart the Divine Language into several important mortal figures. He didn't know if the Divine Language would still work in the New World, but it was worth a try.

Reyginaga had been silently watching Mavnon and Erin. Nodding, she was content letting them settle their affairs by themselves, and used her last bits of Other powers to create the Law of Absolution.

The Law of Absolution:
No matter how powerful a god is or how insignificant a mortal is, all are ultimately bound to the impartial webs of fate. This goes doubly for systems in place as they too are merely extensions of fate, each having predetermined conditions, triggers, and outcomes that functions exactly as their makers intended. From The First System of Magic of Erin Quill to Shal's Paths to Home and other beneficial Laws and Systems, all are tightly weaved into the framework of Fate's webs. Anyone who attempt to abolish those Laws and Systems without first dissolving the this Law in a concentrated effort and failing to do so will receive the Curse of Reyginaga. They will see their great works crumble to dust and their plans and ambitions avail to nothing. Their followers, relations, and associates will renounce their allegiance to them and will aid in their downfall and their names will be invoked as a curse by future generations.

And then, a great ripple coming from the Titan Moon shook the ending universe. Efanel, the Herald of the End had awakened.

The Herald of the End

Some time before the awakening of Efanel, Lu had taken off to the Titan Moon. In his right hand was Regalok, the spear he took and inherited from the Titan in a secret accord.

The End was drawing near, and Lu knew of his role.

Standing above the Titan Moon, Lu was overflowing with the power of its two merged forms. A being of Life and Undeath, one that could be said to stand at the edge of Endings and Beginnings. He then thrust Regalok toward the core of the dormant Titan. The layers of the Moon turned into bright molten rock in the path of the Ending Spear, flowing like a vibrant and divine blood through the cracks that coursed across the shell of this egg of a Titan.

The powerful heartbeat of the Titan announced its revival, right as the spear pierced the core, unloking the seal cast upon him. As the titanic shell broke, Regalok returned to its true form: that of a great dragon of crimson, with the luster of a divine metal. The Dragon emerged from the other side of the Moon, and envelopped it with majestic wings.

The shell then broke, and from it emerged the Herald of the End. Efanel. Its seven heads radiated with power, especially the draconic head on its torso. The Titan needed say no words to convey its gratitude to Lu, instead looking at him with respect. Finally, the Herald said:

"The End draws near, and its actors have been assembled. O Divine Ones who stayed, bear witness to the end of this world and the birth of another."

As he said those words, Efanel grew to a cosmic scale. Its main head devoured the Sun, and its six other heads devoured the six strongest cosmic points of the universe. Channeling the Merging through its titanic body, Efanel stabilized the three flows of the Planes, guiding the End of the Universe.

"Leave now, Ascended One. May your path be full of endings and beginnings."

Erin Quill left the Universe.

And then, the Universe ended.

Lu and Reyginaga have bear witness to the End.

(...)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: May 21, 2018, 04:21:36 am »

EPILOGUE: The New World, the Age of Mortals

"I am Urgast, Watcher of the Beginning. Witness of the Age of Titans, the Age of Gods, and now witness of the Age of Mortals. My role has been accomplished, and I now become one with the cosmos to watch over the future of this new world, the world of Tes."

As dawn was rising, the moon Efanel disappeared into the horizon, leaving the twin suns Epitaph and Urgast to pour their gentle light upon the world of Tes. Several cycles have passed since the birth of the new world. Mortals have lived and died, laughed and cried, all without the watchful gaze of the Gods...

The world had changed a lot during the Age of Mortals. The many races of Mortals still thrived, and from them countless nations had risen and fallen... Fanelians, Andilauss, Keepers, Forenings, Lungs, Spruces, Rhacidae, Rifja, Tardagradi and the Robi. Where were they now?

They weren't the only mortals though. The Lesser Servants that remained behind, losing their connection to the Gods became Mortals themselves. And thus, the Imps, Telugoraths and Kikakets became part of the god-less world.

Though the gods were gone, their Laws remained.
The Codex of Niké.
The First System of Magic, shaped by Erin Quill, Shal, Niké and Cerediron.
Erin Quill's Laws of Memory.
Erin Quill's Last Three Laws.
Reyginaga's System of Fate.
Reyginaga's Law of Absolution.
Shal's Paths of Home.

Spoiler: Laws (click to show/hide)

Even though they stood and as a testament of their Creators, the Merging had affected all of them. The most severely damaged was the First System of Magic.

The greatest change within the System of Magic was the corruption of the Divine Language. As the new world of Tes was born, the words lost their meanings and powers, instead being replaced by new and at the time unknown gods. As such, the System of Magic had to be rediscovered by all.

The Codex, the Laws of Memory, Erin's Last Three Laws and the Path of Homes were left unchanged.

Reyginaga's laws, however, greatly changed and took a stronger place in the cosmic order. Was it because of the Goddess presence in the world, or some odd twist of Fate? No one knew. All that was known, is that the the System of Fate was stronger than ever, meaning that its protection lasted for countless aeons.

And finally was the Law of Absolution. For reasons unknown, this Law had become the most powerful Law of the Universe, surpassing even Systems. Serving as a powerful linking thread, the Law of Absolution strengthened the existence of the other laws in such a way that they would only disappear with the Universe itself...

• The Fanelians, Strong Children of Efanel

In the new world, the Fanelians dispersed into many civilizations, prospering as a race. All of the old civilizations lasted and changed, except for the Four Tribes Alliance, which disappeared in a great war against the One Peaceful Kingdom and the Theocracy of Karos.

The Kingdom of Akrathhia became a nation of Imps and Fanelians, which was known for its formidable constructions and monuments. Guided by Limikarrat and its four followers, Lezhin, Qintiz, Untrac and Hixal, Akratthia prospered and became a legendary country. Among its many great constructions, the Tower of Akrathh is the greatest: a tower as tall as a mountain, where Limikarrat and its four followers retreated after losing their powers. It is said they still reside in there nowadays.

The Republic of Forut prospered by harnessing the power of the Sea of Fire and Glass, and more importantly, the energy radiating from the Horn of Efanel. None could defeat the Republic of Forut and its mighty weapons, and the Forut were known for their formidable technology.

The Empire of Herat were the only Fanelian country to rediscover magic, way after Culat and Hejah had died, though their notes persisted. First a kingdom, the use of magic allowed them to become an Empire by conquering the nearby countries.

The Kingdom of Alomet was eventually relocated to the desert after losing their territories to the One Peaceful Kingdom. Establishing themselves in the desert, they became a legendary country of warriors of the sands, as well as the greatest adventurers. An Alomet was the first to complete a trip around the world.

The Kingdom of Daikaros managed to get back on its feet, and soon became a country known for its dutiful and honorbound knights. Daikaros and the Theocracy of Karos often clashed blades, never managing to really beat the other.

The Theocracy of Karos and the One Peaceful Kingdom quickly became close allies, and in the future would form Karos, the One Empire of Peace which would end after a war against the allied kingdoms of Daikaros, Akrathhia and Alomet. Before that event, both countries greatly prospered, but eventually suffered from their slow ideals-induced development, which cost them greatly when they faced the weapons of Forut wielded by the knights of Daikaros and the sand warriors of Alomet...

• The Andilauss, Beautiful Children of Nefertem
In the new world, the Andilauss changed greatly: with the power of the Heartwriter, the Andilauss became an extremely beautiful people, in mind or body, or sometimes both. There was always one and only Andilauss country, even today: the sole Andilauss Nation of Nefer. With their rich culture and arts, they fascinated the other countries, and eventually developped into a great people of traders and artists.

While they suffered from several disasters among their successes, they always held a close and amical relationship with the Tardagradi. The two people were never at war, and the Tardagradi always came to the aid of their neighbors in time of war. The Andilauss were never a people adept at warfare, and the Tardagradi's help saved them countless times.

Nowadays, the Heartwriter has several of its powers, but is still able to turn around the life of those who pray to it.

• The Keepers, the Telugoraths and the Teluvortas, Dutiful Children of Shal
The Keepers of yore quickly split into two nations, one that stayed around the Pillar with Sally, and one that left to become a nomadic people with Steve and Bob.

The one who left renamed themselves the Travelers, guided by Steve and Bob who had seen many lands. They formed a nomad country until they were eventually absorbed into the many nations of the world, and Steve and Bob returned to Sally.

The Keepers of the Pillar though, decided to stay, guided by Sally the Time-Space Elemental. This nation of Keepers, Telugoraths and Teluvortas was known as the country of Erce. Remaining an isolated nation for a long time, they prospered until Sally started gradually losing her powers, after which they knew a period of stagnation. This country still persists nowadays, as does the great wall they built around the Pillar.

Only one individual ever managed to get to the Pillar. A mysterious individual known as Gaol, who was then never seen again...

• The Forenings, Talented Children of Nefertem
The Forenings were never able to form their own nation, instead becoming part of the other mortal people. The new world also changed them a bit, causing them to be able to give birth to Forenings and other mortal races.

While diluted across the many mortals of the world, the blood of the Forenings sometimes awaken in a newborn, causing them to be blessed with unmatched beauty and talents.

• The Lungs, Creative Children of Mavnon and the Rifja, Smart Children of Nefertem
In the first years, the Lungs ruled the seas and its inhabitants. But the disappearance of Umlor the Savage Maw caused the creatures of the 'Sea of Horrors' to pour unchecked into the oceans, causing a dark age for the Lungs and the Rifja.

And to everyone's surprise, the one that scattered the darkness was none other than I, the Rifja. After countless decades of terror from the creatures of the Sea of Horrors, I the Rifja reappeared suddenly, having decoded some of the Divine Language with its incredible intelligence. He had also changed, becoming an altruistic being who wished to use its power to help others.

I the Rifja then taught the Divine Language to the Rifja, but not to the Lungs. The Rifja, holding magic, then rebelled and formed their own nations, forcing the Lungs to flee to other seas.

Nowadays, many Rifja and Lung nations exist. It is rumored I the Rifja still lives as the Rifja Archmage, and that he is the wisest being of the sea. The Rifja are generally more advanced and prosperous than the Lungs, and none are particularly at odds with each others.

Additionally, the crafts of Baicha and Tian Shu were at their apex during the dark age. The legend of the friendship of Baicha and Tian Shu is a favorite of the Lungs, a story of two rivals turned enemies, until one saw the errors of its ways and repented, thus allowing them to become the closest friends of the world. The works they created together were like none other, and even today, it is said no craftslung could possibly replicate them.

• The Spruces, Ingenous Children of Erin Quill and the Kikaket, Quirky Children of Lu
Despite losing the Divine Language, the Spruces of the City of the Silver Skies lived and prospered, guided by the Advisor. After a long time, they managed to rediscover the Divine Language, before the Herati and after I the Rifja.

The Kikaket became a people of reckless hardworkers after the Merging, and had especially great relationships with the Spruces. The irregular Kikaket though, turned to violent ways after the Merging. They left the forests and headed for the desert, where they formed a legendary group of mercenaries and assassins.

Nowadays, the City of the Silver Skies powers have greatly waned, even disappeared some say. Yet it still stands as a bastion of knowledge where all can learn and research to their hearts content. Despite falling countless times to the greed of mortals, the City always returned to its old purpose, as a testament to its creator.

• The Rhacidae, Robust Children of Lu
Guided by Allond, the Rhacidae initially formed a legendary Empire, one that could have prospered for countless eras. The Allondite Empire gave birth to various heroes, and fascinated its nearby Robi.

But the Empire suffered from a premature collapse starting when Allond started losing his powers. Over-reliant on Allond, the Allondites fell into chaos when their God-Emperor fell into a deep slumber. The Empire sundered and collapsed into many smaller kingdoms.

Never again did a Rhacidae nation manage to even emulate the glory of the Allondite Empire.

• The Tardagradi, Fated Children of Reyginaga
The Tardagradi, a then vastly unknown people, quickly grew to become the most prosperous people of the world of Tes. They are also one of the few mortal species to have greatly changed physically overtime, as current Tardagradi are able to turn into pseudo-Queens if they wish to have offspring.

Under the guidance of Ysalith, they created a country: Thala, the mythic kingdom. A kingdom of sages and scholars, ruled by the wise Council of the Six Arms formed by the greatest Tardagradi of the Queen caste. Across its history, Thala never fell to its enemies, and remained mostly unchanged. Even today, Thala exists and strive, and is the uncontested greatest country of the whole world.

It is said that Ysalith lives in the Great Observatorium, a spire-like tower from which one can studies the stars. Especially, it is said that Ysalith watches over and is watched over by the mysterious planet Reyginaga, within which it is said the soul of the Tardagradi Goddess of the same name resides.

A prophecy says that in time of need, Reyginaga would send the Probabilistic Tesseract to the Tardagradi. This time has, fortunately, not come to be yet.

• The Robi, Versatile Children of Niké
After the fall of the Allondite Empire, the Robi became the new rulers of the lands beyond the Eastern Mountains. Their knowledge of seasons and their strong capacity to adapt led them to strive in the new world of Tes. At first nomads, they eventually settled and formed many kingdoms.

Their golden age came when a Robus Warlord succeeded in unifying the Robus Kingdoms into a single Empire which prospered for a lengthy period of time. They had cordial relationships with the Fanelians of the West, but the Empire eventually collapsed under its own weight and the repeated invasions from the Rhacidae kingdoms of the north.

Nowadays, many Robus countries exist, which are not limited to their homelands.

• The Imps, Hardworking Children of Akrathh
After the Merging, the Imps gained even more individuality. To lead them, Limikarrat went to retrieve the first Irregular, who was the first Imp to get a name. Named Novath, he became a great Coordinator.

The Imps all migrated to Akrathhia at the behest of Limikarrat, where they lived in harmony with the Fanelians and Forenings of Akrathhia. The Imps created the greatest monuments, their ultimate masterpiece being the Tower of Akrathh.

The Imps never formed a country of themselves, never finding the need to. Instead content to build and live the way they wanted, they spread across the world, offering their talents.

• Nugotaretatora, the Monster of Shadows, Knowledge and Mysteries
Nugotaretatora, the monster responsible for the Sea of Horrors, didn't leave the Universe with the other Monsters. Instead, it decided to remain there, content on experimenting with the local lifeforms.

The reason became soon apparent. The monster of Shadows was already at the end of its life, and soon died peacefully in the silent abyss.

• The Wanderer, the Webzya and many Legends...
Like the other Servants, the Wanderer and the Webzya gradually started losing their powers.

The Wanderer was the most harshly impacted by the Merging, as the corrution of the Divine Language caused him to lose his powers. Yet his wisdom remained, and he traveled the world giving advice to those that encountered his path.
It is said the Wanderer still walks the earth nowadays, or that he settled in the City of the Silver Skies.

As for the Webzya, they greatly succeeded in corrupting the heart of mortals in the first years of the Age of Mortals. They were the one to cause the destruction of the Four Tribe Alliance, as well as helping many wars burst forth. In the lands protected by powerful Servants though, the Webzya had to flee or die. Many Webzya died at the hands of Limikarrat's Scythe, Bloodslayer, for instance.
Some are said to still exist nowadays, though their numbers have been greatly reduced by time and the clashes with other Servants or Mortal Heroes.

The Gods left behind many Artifacts, great masterworks no Mortal could hope to reproduce. They are many, and their powers greatly shaped the first years of the Age of Mortals. But with time, even the Divine Artifacts lost their powers.

Currently they still persist, indestructible and mysterious, the proof that Gods once existed and walked the world of Tes. Even with their powers gone or diminished, their influence remains...

It is also said a great bird can sometime be seen near the Great Tree.

• The Future: The Age of Discord

At the bottom of the Abyss, or also called the Pillar, lies a single individual resting on an invisible surface. This surface is pounding, the Precepts sealing it having been weakened by time and the disappearance of Divine powers...

Gaol Ludyn raised his head upward, toward the entrance of the Abyss. But from where he was, even light couldn't reach. The once powerful Titan, now stripped of its powers was but a shadow of its former self.

"Here I lie, bound to this watch. Nor dead nor alive, I am the keeper of the prison, the last seal keeping its sole captive from escaping. And soon, I will be gone."

"The flames of discord will soon swallow the world whole, burning everything in their wake. Heroes will fall, civilizations will crumble. Mortals will know their darkest hour..."

Gaol smiled.
"But fear not, children of the Gods. Your strengths are many, and your hearts are the key. You will break through insanity and madness, and restore the broken world. The Age of Discord will end, and another Age will take place. I, Gaol Ludyn, Keeper of Precepts and last of the Titan, leave this prophecy to the world."

And still smiling, he closed his eyes. Breathing one last time, the Titan died.

(...)

A voice rose from the silence.

(...)

[I am free.]

The
ETERNAL SAGA
ooc here

THE END
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 11:38:53 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: May 21, 2018, 04:22:09 am »

(incomplete)

MORTALS

Spoiler: Lungs - (micelus) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rifja - (Maximum Spin) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rhacidae - (Roboson) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spruces - (Glass) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tadagradi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Robi (click to show/hide)

SERVANTS

ARTIFACTS

Spoiler: Lesser Artifacts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 04:28:59 am by Nakéen »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]