Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Many types of Iron/Steel?  (Read 752 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Many types of Iron/Steel?
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2017, 11:26:48 pm »

Any idea if using a non-smelter workshop to produce iron/steel will affect its appearance in caravans or in sieges?  Because I'm thinking you'd need to make iron ores not be regular ores anymore. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Aranador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 06:32:04 am »

If you have an entity available reaction that produces a metal bar, your entity will have access to that metal, even if it has no access to any raw reagents.

In my MLP mod, I defined a 'sword blank' as a tool object for my 'exotic' metal so that there was no way to simply buy it from the caravan.

I should add - the entity had access to the reaction that produced the tool, but not access to the tool itself.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:53:28 pm by Aranador »

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 04:39:41 pm »

Instead of doing fantasy metals, you could try introducing some modern steel to the game if you really wanted to make different steels.  2nd and 3rd generation advanced high strength steels could be interesting. But I can see how this wouldn't fit with the rest of the game.

Why not making an alloy of steel/adamantine or bronze/adamantine that may have properties lower than the divine metals, but still higher than base metal quality.  Something like 1 wafer + 5 bars = 6 bars of the new metal.
Pages: 1 [2]