Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Poison.  (Read 1600 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: Poison.
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2017, 12:30:23 pm »

j)
Max avatar size is 80x80

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »

j)
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2017, 04:40:51 pm »

j

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2017, 06:04:57 pm »

It's important to watch yourself when you work from home.  It can be all too easy to spend the whole day indoors, never leaving the house.  Call a friend.  Make time.  Separate your work space from your relaxation space.

You shrug your suit jacket back on - it's cold outside - and heave yourself out of the couch.  You might as well get some more scotch now or you'll forget and have to go out tomorrow instead.  You head out of the door and get three steps down the hallway when you hear it click gently behind you.

Fuck.

You rush back to the door and try to push it open, first with your hand and then giving it a shove with your shoulder.  The damned dog is still barking like a nutter and the door just won't budge.  God damn it!  At least you have your wallet in your jacket.  Grumbling, you shove your hands in your pockets and walk out of the building.  You need some fresh air, damn it all.  Good thing the front door key is still intact.

Hazy lights fill your vision, causing you to wince and setting off your headache.  The street isn't the busiest this time of night, but it's still a main road and there are plenty of shops and eateries, all with glaring off-yellow lighting.  The kebab shop opposite your block of flats has amazingly green-yellow pictures of burgers and pizzas that look astoundingly unappetising.  That said, you are stressed, tired and desperate enough that even a kebab is looking good right now.  You start to cross the road when a red people carrier buzzes down the road, way over the speed limit, and you duck back onto the pavement.  Fucking lunatics on the road these days.

a)  Just go to the newsagents and buy a bloody scotch.  You need one.
k)  You can't deal with this shit.  Walk into the shop on the other side of the road.  It's fucking kebab time.
l)  Call a God damned locksmith.  Who knows, maybe they do emergency callouts.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2017, 06:20:44 pm »

K
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2017, 07:59:34 pm »

k, with all the fixin’s
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2017, 09:00:39 pm »

I fear sleep.  I fear to end the day unaccomplished.  The trap springs shut around me.

You cross the road again, checking just in case of another crazy driver.  The dark-skinned Asian man in the kebab shop greets you with a smile, and you give him a crooked smile back.  You... you think his name is Tariq?  Or is that the name of the guy in the back?  You've never asked, but you overheard someone call him that once, you think.

"The usual, my friend?" he asks you in a deep, chocolatey voice.  You nod and fish the money out, placing it on the counter.  "Have a can as well, my friend.  For a regular."

"Thanks," you say.  You sit down at one of the cheap plastic and metal tables and read the menu a few times while you wait.  Your phone must have fallen out of your jacket when you slung it over the couch earlier.  Tariq(?) gives you a call and you pick up your polystyrene case full of kebab and sauce, as well as a can of pop.  You sit back down at the table and start working your way through the kebab.

Well, at least the pain in your shoulders has mostly worn off now.  The kebab is... a kebab.  It could be worse, somehow.  You'll need to borrow Tariq's(?) phone to call a locksmith, but at least your evening can't get any worse.

There is a dull bang, then the sound of glass tinkling, then the sound of glass smashing in immediate succession as the flaming, blackened arm of your couch smashes through the window of the kebab shop.  Entirely on instinct you shut your eyes and bury your head in your arm; sharp stabs of pain along your arm and across your cheek as glass shards cut you, but mercifully none in your eyes.

a)  Your flat just exploded.  Run the hell up there and find out what happened.
e)  Your flat just exploded!  There is glass in your arm!  Get Tariq(?) to call the ambulance!  And the police!
i)  Your flat just... exploded.  Go into shock.
o)  Your flat just exploded?!  Run.  Just break into a run.  For all you know, someone is trying to kill you.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »

a) my stuff!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2017, 09:15:04 pm »

o; the man has had a previously experience of dealing with bad consumer service from a kebab place and a dude with a katana. Let's run!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2017, 09:19:45 pm »

a)
Max avatar size is 80x80

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile