Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Guide to rock colors?  (Read 512 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Guide to rock colors?
« on: November 01, 2007, 08:52:00 pm »

As the title says, is there somewhere that lists the various colors of rocks (well, building materials in general, I guess....)?  Most specifically, I want to know what materials I'd need to replicate a rainbow pattern.

----

For those of you who might be interested in why I'm asking, well, I had an idea for something wonderfully terrible.  Basically, I was mucking around with a trade depot's road (Yeah, they don't need one.  I wanted a gold-colored road, anyway (The actual gold can come later, hehe).) when I was struck with a thought -- Rainbow Road!  From Mario Kart 64!

If the colors are there, and with canny use of supports and ramps, I imagine one can set themselves up a replica track, starting six or seven levels into the air.  Even better (though terribly unefficient), you can put your trade depot at the "end" (By using a wall where the track loops into itself, yeah.), and thus actually have something wheeled traveling the thing!  Of course, using elaborate tower-type constructions to get those mid-air stars and mushrooms and so forth (Building along the Z-axis, of course -- they have to be standing up!) along the side of the course would be for extra pointage.

But yeah... once I know which (if they're all there, o'course) materials will let me duplicate the road's pattern, well... it's buildin' time!

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Guide to rock colors?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 08:57:00 pm »

Sadly, all rocks are still dark/grey/light, aren't they?

Not sure about the minerals, but I know that the iron-bearing stuff I found just looks like rocks.

Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 09:03:00 pm »

*sheepish* Rock probably isn't the best word to use, I guess -- I have ran into colored (Blue and yellow, thus far) diggable stuff, and you can make green/red glass, and I can only guess there's other stuff too... building materials in general would have been a better way of putting it...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Merlon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 09:04:00 pm »

There are other colours as well. Conglomerate and several others are brown and make nice matching stone doors to any wooden wall.

As for the specifics: Look in the raws, matgloss_stone_layer.txt for instance will tell you the colours of each rocktype.

THLawrence

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Scientest
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:29:00 pm »

If you go into the stones screen you can change all rocks to being used hen you can build with a large assortment of colors. I don't know all of the colors yet but you can find normal(Non-economic) stones that are light grey, dark grey, grey, cyan, yellow, olive and probably some others that I can't think of. I'm building the emerald city out of green glass. Must find gold or yellow stone for the yellow brick road.

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 09:52:00 pm »

Some of the new alloys are light and dark purple (rose gold and black bronze respectively), although I don't know how to make them (they don't seem to be listed in the stones menu; maybe they require the dungeon master?) So conceivably you may be able to get all colors now.