Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets, Polecats, and Prairie Dogs)  (Read 1763 times)

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets, Polecats, and Prairie Dogs)
« on: February 13, 2019, 07:03:43 pm »

I've decided to start uploading some minor mods. Thus far, I've added four new base creatures:
  • Ferrets. These bouncy critters are very similar to weasels (from which I copy-and-pasted the raws to start editing), but are much larger and are COMMON_DOMESTIC. They also hunt vermin, much like cats (according to one source, Greeks once kept ferrets, as well as their non-domestic counterpart polecats, for vermin-hunting much like cats), but unlike cats they do not adopt their owners, and instead are adopted normally.
  • Polecats. Essentially wild ferrets. They can be found in any temperate land biome.
  • Black-footed ferrets. Very similar to polecats, but they are found only in temperate grassland and shrubland, and they eat only prairie dogs (see below).
  • Prairie dogs. Miniature hoary marmots that live in temperate grassland and shrubland instead of mountains.

Polecats, black-footed ferrets, and prairie dogs also have animal men and giant versions, for a total of ten new creatures.

Download link
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 11:33:23 am by Klisz »

Levity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 09:43:26 am »

My mum used to keep ferrets. All sadly departed, they now dwell in the magma sea with Armok.

Not easy pets to keep tbh...

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets)
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:52 pm »

My mum used to keep ferrets. All sadly departed, they now dwell in the magma sea with Armok.

Not easy pets to keep tbh...

Indeed - I was inspired to put them in DF partly as a tribute to my own ferrets, as circumstances have forced me to move into a house that doesn't have space for them to be kept healthily. Thankfully there's a family friend who can take them in (and has lots of experience with all sorts of pets, ferrets included), but I'm going to miss them quite a lot.

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
Re: Klisz's Minor Mods (Ferrets, Polecats, and Prairie Dogs)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 11:31:30 am »

The mod has been updated to include three new creatures, plus animal-men and giant versions of each: polecats (much like ferrets, but wild), prairie dogs (like hoary marmots, but smaller, and found in temperate grasslands and shrublands instead of mountains), and black-footed ferrets (again similar to the domestic ferret, but it lives in temperate grasslands and shrublands and has SPECIFIC_FOOD to eat prairie dogs).