Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dr. Z's Merged Megabeasts - Why Did I Do This Edition  (Read 8020 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Dr. Z's Merged Megabeasts - Why Did I Do This Edition
« on: October 26, 2017, 05:24:48 pm »

Deep in the halls of the Frankenstein University, in a forbidden part of the building only known as the Recreational Abomination Wing, a vile laughter echoed, fell and terrible!

In his lust for revenge against the dwarves, Dr. Z, utilizing the evil powers of SCIENCE, created many powerful abominations, by merging the most powerful beasts he could capture!

Now their terror has been released into the world, and all of the dwarven kingdoms shall tremble at his feet!

"Lore" intro over.

This is a small thing I was dared to do.

All this pack contains is six megabeasts, all of which are merged from the different vanilla megabeasts. It seems I cannot escape making abominations, ever.

They are as follows:

Cyclodragon - Dragon+Cyclops - A humanoid with a tail, scales, and a single eye. Breathes normal fire as an attack.

Dracotaur - Dragon+Minotaur - A centauroid - has hooves at its front legs, and reptilian feet at its back. Can gore with horns, is better with weapons (though not as much as the standard Minotaur) - can breath fire jets.

Hydrettin - Hydra+Ettin - A centauroid with nine heads. Regenerates damage more quickly, can use weapons - all of its heads can bite at the same time.

Minogiant - Minotaur+Giant - A Minotaur the size of a giant. Its a tad dumber than the normal Minotaur, with lower weapon skills (more than the Dracotaur).

Bronze Roc - Bronze Colossus+Roc - A mechanical flier, smaller than either of its "components" but still incredibly large. External body is made out of a metal similar to bronze, whereas its internal workings, joints and gears are made out of a metal more similar to copper, and its optics are made out of a more fragile, glass-like material. Moves more slowly, however its attacks are incredibly deadly - it can also slash with its wings.

Merged Aberration - A massive abomination with nine heads, that walks on six legs - two end in hooves, two end in normal feet, and two are made out of bronze with copper "bones". One of its heads is a minotaurs head, possessing horns allowing it to do gore attacks - another is that of a dragon, allowing it to breathe dragonfire (if cut off, that attack is disabled). It also regenerates damage faster.

Download link here - since this is such a small mod compared to my other works, I only include the data and raw files - extract them into your main DF directory to install!

Also, while it may seem like it, this isn't a proper halloween pack. I should release it in the next few days, however.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 05:30:30 pm by ZM5 »

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dr. Z's Merged Megabeasts - Why Did I Do This Edition
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 05:41:56 pm »

Do you have plans to update this to the next version if needed?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 05:43:57 pm »

If its actually necessary (which I doubt since it seems the main changes will be entity tokens and this has no new entity files, only megabeasts) I will - same goes for my other mods.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2019, 09:22:07 am »

Kind of an unexpected update maybe, but I figured I'd get this up-to-date with some of my other packs - added sounds to all the megabeasts from this pack.