Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Speedrunning Dwarf Fortress – Ideas  (Read 2129 times)

Ispil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speedrunning Dwarf Fortress Ideas
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 11:47:05 pm »

Problem with mountainhome is that without additional challenges (i.e. vjek's custom challenge embark for Pseudo), the caravan upgrading the settlement through the tiers is the most limiting factor, rather than population, cash or crafts done.
Is it possible to skip tiers?
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it."- Voltaire

I transcribe things, too.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Speedrunning Dwarf Fortress – Ideas
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 12:32:56 am »

No idea. Could embark with 150 dwarves and find out perhaps?

Runaway_char

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2017, 09:38:47 am »

Was able to jump from baron to duke, skipping count, but not sure if you can skip the city tiers

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2017, 10:49:50 am »

A tantrum spiral run would last forever given tantrum spirals haven't been a thing for years now.

I haven't got a tantrum spiral yet, but I have had a dwarf throwing a tantrum. If I had the task to make any dwarf throw a tantrum asap, I don't really know how I would achieve it. I am correcting the line to just "First Tantrum".

The closest I've come to a tantrum spiral in recent years is in an extremely savage reanimating / husking fog evil biome in which I went through a number of cycles of losing and reclaiming the surface to the undead, causing huge numbers of fortress dwarves to encounter undead and husked close relatives in combat on a regular basis.  There were several violent tantrums involving a core of four or five dwarves, which showed some level of spread throughout the community, but never actually devolved into a total chaos tantrum spiral.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2017, 11:30:04 am »

Legendary Butcher or Cheesemaker run.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONSUMES_VERMIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2017, 05:36:36 pm »

How about a series of ultimately arbitrary but appropriate challenges, such as Mountainhome + created wealth + population + total dead + siege broken + noble set on fire + etc etc?
I'm not around much anymore. I'll still check PMs though.
Pages: 1 [2]