Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Speedrunning Dwarf Fortress – Ideas  (Read 4262 times)

Runaway_char

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Speedrunning Dwarf Fortress – Ideas
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2017, 09:38:47 am »

Was able to jump from baron to duke, skipping count, but not sure if you can skip the city tiers

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2017, 10:49:50 am »

A tantrum spiral run would last forever given tantrum spirals haven't been a thing for years now.

I haven't got a tantrum spiral yet, but I have had a dwarf throwing a tantrum. If I had the task to make any dwarf throw a tantrum asap, I don't really know how I would achieve it. I am correcting the line to just "First Tantrum".

The closest I've come to a tantrum spiral in recent years is in an extremely savage reanimating / husking fog evil biome in which I went through a number of cycles of losing and reclaiming the surface to the undead, causing huge numbers of fortress dwarves to encounter undead and husked close relatives in combat on a regular basis.  There were several violent tantrums involving a core of four or five dwarves, which showed some level of spread throughout the community, but never actually devolved into a total chaos tantrum spiral.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2017, 11:30:04 am »

Legendary Butcher or Cheesemaker run.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2017, 05:36:36 pm »

How about a series of ultimately arbitrary but appropriate challenges, such as Mountainhome + created wealth + population + total dead + siege broken + noble set on fire + etc etc?
One wheel short of a wagon
Pages: 1 [2]