Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: PULSAR: Lost Colony  (Read 6468 times)

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
Re: PULSAR: Lost Colony
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2017, 08:10:50 pm »

Last time I tried it solo (to check the AI additions), about two months or so, it was way more polished and interesting than when I first tried it. I didn't play multiplayer or do any long sessions to see all the new features though, as I spent all my time configuring the AI crew only to go play something else once I was done.  ::)
I'm still waiting to get back on it. It was great fun, straightforward and fast-paced (if decent people were playing).
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2017, 08:15:24 pm »

Last time I tried it solo (to check the AI additions), about two months or so, it was way more polished and interesting than when I first tried it. I didn't play multiplayer or do any long sessions to see all the new features though, as I spent all my time configuring the AI crew only to go play something else once I was done.  ::)
I'm still waiting to get back on it. It was great fun, straightforward and fast-paced (if decent people were playing).

Well, I'll be free Monday to play if you'd like! Preferably with at least another person.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2017, 08:20:58 pm »

I got this game and played it once. If they've updated and added more content I could maybe play it again... but recently other games have been sucking up most of my attention.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 10:49:31 pm »

played it for about 6 hours with some people(3-5) over the last couple days. Using ai's to fill spots is fine (they are fairly competent, and have customizable priorites), but it's definitely a game that is supposed to be played with friends.
But yea, its basically artemis ship simulator, but you know: a game instead of just some console-simulators that you play a couple fights on, with more content, a increasingly interesting galaxy (the newest faction is a biscuit delivery company),  complete with boarding parties(both the enemies and you) and away missions to planets (you can also go on stations).
I've enjoyed my 6hrs so far, and imagine i'm going to play more. If you have atleast 2 friends to take along with you, likely worth the price at 40/50%(humble monthy discount) off, in it's current state.
I am unsure how much content there is, but it likely is enough for 10+hrs of playtime.. and since its on sale a 12-14$ game, thats fine.
Looks like more contents coming as well, with content additions every 1-months and bugfixes/tweaks every week or two after content relases, at least for awhile.

combat against more then one ship is difficult, apparently its quite a bit easier if you actually focus on using virus/programs in such situations, instead of trying to brute force it. well, if all else fails charge the jump drive and runnnnn, and if you cant line up the jump, BLIND JUMP FOR HOPE.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:48:09 pm by Rift »
Pages: 1 [2]