Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: [47.05] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Monster Mash  (Read 59540 times)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Rip and Tear!
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2018, 11:35:50 am »

how does one open the .7z files?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2018, 12:15:26 pm »

I just use WinRAR.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2018, 04:30:24 pm »

Minor update - aside from changing the wood templates to be more in line with the changed ones for other packs, I've also made a small change to the Werewolf megabeast. Their biting attacks can now infect their victims - not always guaranteed, even if it breaks the skin. The resulting creatures become "Cursed Werewolves", who are similar - they are smaller, weaker, and cannot howl to inflict negative thoughts, however they are just as fast as their progenitors and their bites also further spread the curse.
EDIT: Quick minor update, forgot to include it last time - I altered some of the cannibal descriptors, so their eyes and ears actually have individual descriptors - hopefully them being inbred comes off more overtly now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 07:30:49 am by ZM5 »

itssunny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 03, 2018, 04:42:09 am »

Had a pretty fun event happen in my fort recently. I had the pleasure of witnessing one of the creatures from ZAMD standing toe to toe with a forgotten beast and essentially saving my early 13 man fortress.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 08:17:26 am by itssunny »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #49 on: September 03, 2018, 04:52:30 am »

That's awesome - going by some of the other corpses in pics it looks like it fought some other cave critters leading to its death too.

itssunny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2018, 04:55:39 am »

That's awesome - going by some of the other corpses in pics it looks like it fought some other cave critters leading to its death too.

Yeah! It duked it out with a giant toad a few moments before that crippled a few of its legs. It was kind of funny to watch because the toad was really laying into it but the syndrome-dust knocked it out (zzz) so the tick could bash the toads head in. The giant (R)at you see there died to my militia.

I'm pretty greatful that horror creature didn't fall asleep on us though.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2018, 05:25:43 pm »

nevermind
« Last Edit: September 05, 2018, 06:15:37 pm by TheRedwolf »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2018, 09:39:42 pm »

Actually, even though your darkest dungeon pack has hags, this pack could use some more comic green skinned  I’ll get you my pretty and your little dog too kind of witches, with unique pets like exclusively black cats, broomstick mounts and WAR CAULDRONS!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2018, 04:00:52 am »

I am...a bit surprised I haven't thought of that before. Would be a fun addition though - it'd also mean I'd now have 3 witch factions across my mods (technically 6 but 3 are non-civilized).

Not sure what the next update's theme would be whenever I get around to it, probably just stuff that for whatever reason I haven't thought of before. Deadites, a Blob megabeast, or a civ of insane, mutant doctors of various kinds (the three I'm thinking of would be generic "doctors", Steinman-esque plastic surgeons, and probably psycho cannibal psychiatrists, since they're all sorta common tropes for "evil hospital" settings), with brutish orderlies and butterface nurses as alternate castes and various sorts of mutant lunatics as "pets" they'd keep around. Maybe unique pets for some of the existing races too, like skeletal war animals for the skeletons or some horrors from the depths for the pirates.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #54 on: September 19, 2018, 07:11:27 am »

Minor update, mostly flavour this time - changed up some of the identity names for the different races, so i.e rather than seeing "cannibal peddlers" show up, there'll be "cannibal mystery meat salesmen" popping up, or instead of "cannibal criminals" there'll be "cannibal vegetarians" - I'll be doing the same sort of minor changes for my other packs, so look out for that once they're uploaded.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 07:19:11 am by ZM5 »

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2018, 08:23:49 pm »

Somethings wrong with the greater Wendigo, in that whenever I try to view it's legends mode entry it closes the game.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 08:42:35 pm by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2018, 05:18:20 am »

That's strange - I'm not getting that issue, the entries for both of the great wendigos in my world work normally.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2018, 06:57:27 am »

That's strange - I'm not getting that issue, the entries for both of the great wendigos in my world work normally.

Then it's probably just me then.

Now that I think about it, It's probably just a Dfhack bug or something. Still strange that it's only the great Wendigos that are affected.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - The Doctor Is In!
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2019, 03:26:18 pm »

Big update time - sorry for a lack of updates to this in quite a long time.

In any case, no specific theme to this update, mostly just expanding on existing ones. Got a small addon to this mod as well, as a bit of a surprise gift for a lack of updates in a long time.

Spoiler: New Aliens (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Cryptids (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New Megabeasts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: New races (click to show/hide)
Not too many changes to existing creatures - most importantly, I've added adventure mode sounds to most Splatterhouse creatures, added Dragon Claws, Firemaces and Spiked Knuckles from Hexen/Heretic to the weapon loadout of the Hexen invaders, and I gave the Annihilator megabeast a Target Lock ability that makes one more vulnerable to its rockets and bullets.

Should be it - hope you guys enjoy the update!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2019, 03:35:13 pm by ZM5 »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: [44.12] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - The Doctor Is In!
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2019, 03:41:10 pm »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeah boi, this is what I've been waiting for. Just gotta finish up my knights and a fort fo epic anachronistic proportions will commence!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8