Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: [47.05] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Monster Mash  (Read 59883 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - The Doctor Is In!
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2019, 02:15:25 pm »

Small update to the Infected addon - ran into a similar issue as with the Xenomorphs, as in, them not being able to survive worldgen well - I allowed the Screamers to speak and serve as diplomats - obviously this should not be the case but it's the only way I can think of to reliably get them to survive.

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2019, 09:54:29 pm »

I think I encounterd a bug, in the fact that mancubus sweat is super hot. Like hot enough to melt steel hot. So hot that once you stab a sweating mancubes with a weapon, the hand holding the weapon may melt along side the now 1000 degree celsius weapon. The sweat of a mancubus is actually more dangerous than the fireballs it fires at you becuase just touching the mancubus will melt you.
Is this supposed to be the case, and if so, how am I gonna reanact DOOM GUY RIPPING AND TEARING HIS WAY THOUGH THE LEGIONS OF HELL in adventure mode?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 10:02:43 pm by CrashyMcGee »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2019, 04:34:50 am »

Whoops, no that definitely wasn't intended - mislabeled one of their materials by accident when I was giving them heat damage immunity, so their sweat comes out superheated instead of at a normal temperature. Uploaded a fix, should still take effect on an active world.

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2019, 07:03:58 pm »

Superheated sweat, huh? Sounds like that could be useful for modding in unique monsters.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2019, 10:10:22 pm »

What exactly does the Deadite curse do? I don't think you made any mention of them in the update post.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2019, 12:25:27 pm »

Oh, derp - it makes a creature fearless and count as NOT_LIVING (so a tip-off is that a deadite will not be attacked on sight by creatures that are opposed to life) - their personality values are also reset so they're incredibly violent, prone to hatred and rage, cruel and also prone to inappropriate humor.
When they reveal their true nature (usually as a result of being attacked), they become opposed to life and immune to pain - their physical attributes are also doubled and attacks against them have their velocity cut by half. So even if its an untrained civvie they could still put up a fight.
The "transformation" is also permanent, and drinking a deadite's blood will cause one to also become a deadite.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 12:30:01 pm by ZM5 »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2019, 09:37:44 am »

Slightly large update this time - I've finished up the help files for this mod, so they'll be included in a folder with the downloads.

Main part of this update are the new innate pets for Pirates, Zombies, Skeletons and Circus Freaks. Pirates get cursed parrots and chimps as war animals, as well as mini-krakens as mounts - Skeletons get bone horses as mounts, as well as bone hounds and bone beasts (conglomerate of different animal bones, has both horns and tusks) as war animals - Zombies get zombulls and undead hounds as war pets and undead horses as mounts - and the Circus Freaks get Clown Cars, which have horrible spider legs coming out of the wheels and can emit a distorted honk to stress out dwarves - they're mounts, obviously, and smaller than dwarves.

Those (aside from Clown Cars) can be found in the wild and tamed - I've also added a tree octopus creature to the hoax/urban legend/cryptid side, and invisible men/women as rare, nocturnal wild creatures. Some existing creatures got changes too, i.e you can now butcher most of the mechanical creatures (i.e Killer Robots, Annihilators, Sentry Drones or Flying Saucers) to get bars of otherworldly metal, or butcher the man-eating tree for logs. A few weapons had their values changed too, and the regal staves and electro-staves both got additional slow, but also really powerful edged attacks (electric shocks with the electro-staff, and magic beam smites with the regal staff). Some of the creatures that used vanilla game fireball attacks also now just shoot blockable explosive flame bolts instead to be less asshole-y - can still cause heat damage, though.
Pumpkinhead skeletons also got renamed to Jack-o'-Bones - since I'll be using "pumpkinhead" for a creature in an addon to the assorted creatures pack, and I figure in that addon's case it'd be more fitting.

I also did some additional stuff for the Splatterhouse and Doom side of things - added in creatures that I didn't do on my first pass (i.e the Evil Cross, the female skull-dropping ghosts or the hanging corpses from the first game, the cloaked demon enemy from the third game or the crawling hands/claws that flip you off from the first and second game).  For Doom, I added in 2 of the Doom Mobile RPG enemies that I didn't do before - the Sawcubus was one of them, but now I've also added the Brier as a cavern creature and the Pinkinator as a megabeast.

Once I get a help file done, I'll also be releasing an update to the Infected pack - added a new caste to the Infected based on cut concept art, and also a new wild creature thats also based on cut concept art.
Sometime later down the line I was also considering making addons for Dead Space Necromorphs and the Malefactors from the Suffering - will take a while before I even get to that, though (and probably even longer to actually get it executed, atleast in the Necromorph case since I'll be doing both ostensibly human/dwarf/elf/goblin-based necromorphs that are the ones actually seen in the games, and alien necromorphs that, aside from the few DS3 alien ones, will primarily be based on early concept art).

CrashyMcGee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2019, 04:17:49 pm »

Could you make it so when the Mysterious Man loses his hat he enters a rage state/goes berserk? Also on the Brutal Fortess info page under the Revant tab it says that explosions aren't a thing yet, so what changed so it's now possible, if you don't mind me asking.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2019, 03:28:57 am »

Unfortunately no, the mysterious man rage state wouldnt be possible based on only body part loss.

As for the "explosion" stuff, I simply changed it for projectiles like the Revenant or Cyberdemon missiles to have a high innate temperature but lower boiling point - so once they drop to the ground or get stuck in they cause a burst of flames to occur and cause heat damage. There still aren't any actual explosion physics, however, so no blowbacks or limbs being torn off.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2019, 04:54:31 am »

Released an update for the Infected Addon. Relatively small update - added a Clawer caste to the Infected, based on the Claws concept art - also added an Infected Hog creature in some savage biomes, based on the boar from this concept art. Lastly, I included the help files, and also made some changes to the Infected (i.e Tanks and Meat Walls will now bust down workshops and the like, or Bloated Spitters will now spit acid faster than normal Spitters).

Hope you guys enjoy it - will be a while before I'll do the Necromorph/Malefactor addons, but they'll come eventually.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [44.12] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Suffering
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2019, 10:22:58 am »

Update time - I made some small fixes to the main body of this pack and added some body detail plans and interactions that, for now are only used in one addon, but which I will probably use again later.

For the Infected addon, I did some further alterations - many of the more combat-oriented Infected castes such as the Hunters now have some amount of dodging skill, to hopefully make them a tad more threatening.

Lastly, I uploaded the Malefactors addon. This contains the Malefactors from the Suffering games - for those not familiar with them, I could best describe the games as "American Silent Hill", with most of the monsters representing some form of violent death. Most of the Malefactors consist one race and are hostile invaders - could be thought of as a step-up from the Infected, since the Infected are fragile overall and depend on sheer numbers and the special infected like Boomers, Spitters or Chargers - meanwhile even the most basic Malefactors, the Slayers, can still be highly threatening. The Maulers are a wild creature that can show up in some evil biomes, and are also innate pets for the Malefactors - whereas the Horde is a megabeast variant.

Hope you guys enjoy it, I'll take a slight break for now and when I'm done I'll work on a Necromorph addon - it'll admittedly take a while given the sheer volume of stuff I've outlined for myself to do for it.

Lidku

• Bay Watcher
  • Enclave here, why isn't your video feed working?
    • View Profile
    • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Ylvdlc5.jpg[/IMG]
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2019, 01:40:58 am »

The addons only work with a "main-pack"? Can they be added on without the main Horror Pack to another raw folder to work with other mods?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2019, 05:46:03 am »

You'd need to atleast have the files like the body plans, body detail plans, material, inorganic and tissue templates as well as interactions. There'd admittedly still be some errors like interactions calling for nonexistent creatures though.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Suffering
« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2020, 11:35:32 am »

Update for 47 - only the raws-only version is updated for now, given the worldgen crashes with the current version. Malefactor addon also updated - infected addon should still work since it lacks any real changes.

Main changes:
-Laser/Frost/Argent bolt attacks are edged now.
-Summons - Summoners, Icons of Sin, Ringmasters, Puppeteers, Clown Cars, Pain Elementals/Rahovarts, Heresiarchs, Serpent Riders and Greater Slayers/Triggermen/Arsonists now have summoning abilities. In the case of Pain Elementals/Rahovarts, it replaces their projectile attack, and in most other cases it replaces reanimation, the only exception being Puppeteers (they can summon one puppet "for free", but for variety's sake they can still puppet-ify corpses).
-Slashing/stabbing attack values rebalanced.
-New creatures - Malefactor Rats and Malefactor Wretches in the Malefactor addon. Malefactor Festers can summon the rats, whereas Malefactor isolationists summon Wretches.  Also, a Man in Black creature also got added - they'll issue warnings to nearby creatures, and once a creature comes too close they'll open fire with their handguns.

I'll release the Necromorph addon once I get the help files for it done, so stay tuned.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [47.02] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Suffering
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2020, 02:19:16 pm »

Think you forgot to put in the speech file for the Man in black.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8