Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: [47.05] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Monster Mash  (Read 59524 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Suffering
« Reply #75 on: February 09, 2020, 03:44:02 pm »

Whoops, uploaded a fix.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2020, 10:16:18 am »

Do you know what is causing this mod to crash? I've been playing with some of your other mods just fine and as soon as I installed this one it begins crashing on worldgen.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2020, 02:27:17 pm »

Not really, I've been having consistent worldgen crashes regardless of mod - apparently other modders have had similar issues - seems to happen more often on larger worlds or with more civs, so I'd guess its more the new worldgen stuff acting up than anything that can be fixed on the raws end (didnt have issues with 44.12 genning even with the updated rawset so thats why I'm guessing its something on the game's end rather than a raw issue).

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.02] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Necromorph Invasion
« Reply #78 on: February 14, 2020, 08:07:20 am »

Necromorph addon is out - main body of it are the two new invader groups - one are simply called Necromorphs, and are the main humanoid necromorphs you'd see in the series (alongside a few concept art variants), and the other are labeled Alien Necromorphs, consisting of the DS3 alien necros (minus the Medusas and the Nexus), the DS3: Awakened versions of the Pack and Stalkers, and many more concept art variants to fill in some of the gaps (as a friend put it, many of the early concept art necromorphs do not look like they were people at any point, so there's some plausible deniability as to them being perhaps various escaped and necromorphized specimens brought by races like the Grays or Aliens). Essentially, regular Necromorphs are more varied in their functioning, whereas the Alien Necromorphs are much more brute-force oriented.

There are also a bunch of wild necromorphs, found primarily underground (with the Snow Beast being found in savage arctic regions) and a handful of megabeast variants - i.e the Nexus, the Hive Mind, the Slug, or the mobile game boss (called the "Monstrosity" here).

Most necromorphs have bacterial nodules that serve as thought body parts - damaging them may kill the creature (or knock it unconscious), though obviously some of the variants have more than one (they're stand-ins for the glowing yellow tissue one sees in the games on necromorphs like the Brutes) - all would have to be damaged to put the necromorph down. Bleeding out through massive dismemberment also works (though it may take a bit longer, as they bleed less than most other creatures) - and of course pulping the torsos/lower bodies also works.

No markers yet, atleast until I find a proper gimmick for them - thought of making them immobile underground creatures with full-map range reanimation that doesnt require a line of sight, turning appropriate creature corpses into varying Necromorph types, and stressing out citizens every once in a while, essentially being a constant nuisance until found and destroyed, but I figured that may be a bit too dickish, so we'll see.

Hope you guys enjoy it, took way too long to come out with this.

Kingra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 14, 2020, 12:37:14 pm »

Definitely a good add-on. Can't wait to get utterly massacred by them. If I could make a request, Maybe add The Corruption (Wiki name for it) As a third cavern layer plant?

Also trying to spawn the Malefactor Noosemen and Infena in the arena seems to consistently crash the game.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 12:45:55 pm by Kingra »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #80 on: February 14, 2020, 12:45:00 pm »

Don't really know what thats about - I just fired up arena mode and spawned both of them without crashing.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - Hell on Earth
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2020, 09:12:14 am »

Larger update this time around - more Doom-themed. As with the other mods I've been updating, I removed the no_eat/drink tokens from relevant creatures for the time being to prevent crashes. Sooo this may lead to some oddities like long-term skeleton residents wanting to drink or eat - the same goes for the addon races.

Main body of the update:
-New Doom creatures, mostly from Eternal - Hell Gargoyles, Carcasses, Whiplashes, Dread Knights, Doom Hunters and Jetpack Revenants as cavern monsters - Fireborne Barons (Baron caste), Mecha Zombies (Possessed caste) and Former Human Mutants (Doom 3 tentacle Commandos) as additional castes. Some playable creatures from this set as well - Hell Marauders, Hell Gladiators, Cyber Tyrants (Eternal's Cybie version) and Grand Arch-viles (Eternal's Arch-vile version). There's also an easter egg associated with one of the creatures (not any of these new ones, I'll say this much)
-Two potential dark pit civ rulers - Kronos (from Doom RPG) and the Ancient Icon of Sin (the old classic Doom version that was in this pack formerly as a megabeast)
-Eternal's version of the Icon of Sin is a megabeast - its fully armored and has slightly different abilities to the Ancient version.
-Probably not something you'll see often, but hell as well as vaults and dark spires will occasionally be made out of "hellish stone". Lets just say its fiery and blue (though sadly its proper coloration doesn't show up well on constructed floors and pillars, at the very least).
-Two new races - first one are the Maykrs, and are a hostile civ. They have both regular and Khan versions - the regular versions have no special abilities, whereas Khans are capable of flight, have some magical attacks and can also summon Maykr Drones as guardians. Both avoid traps - they also utilize some of the Doom 2016/Eternal demons as war pets.
-Second one are the Argenta - they are both friendly and playable in fort mode. They consist of four castes - standard Argenta, who have no special abilities and are the basic workers and grunts; Warriors, who learn melee and ranged weapon skills at increased rates, have a higher endurance, though do not learn menial labors as fast - they also can intimidate enemies; Wraithpriests, who wield magical abilities, capable of healing, and learn medical jobs faster, but all other menial labors at a decreased rate; and extremely rare, immortal Slayers, who learn any combat-related skills at greatly increased rates, have a powerful self-buff and utterly terrify any demonic, undead or eldritch creatures, but are easy to enrage and prone to getting into fistfights - they're also utterly useless at learning non-combat skills.
All castes are more resistant to disease and magic.
Argenta also have their own unique weapons, having a full set of Sentinel's armor, Sentinel's lances, blades, war axes, battle hammers, and maces, and Slayer's Crucibles. They can also make bayoneted, double-barreled shotguns that fire pellet clusters.

With the Argenta's introduction, the Doom demons also now drop Argent Energy Orbs when butchered - how many varies on their classification (the precise "scoring" you can find in the help file for Doom creatures) - however they can use those orbs to create Argent Alloy bars, a very powerful metal - they do this at their unique building, the Argent Attractor.

There's an additional "hardmode" version of the Argenta that has a secondary building, the Sentinel's Armory - in this version, the Argenta cannot make their unique weapons and armor (with the exceptions of the shotguns and gauntlets) at a regular forge, and have to use the energy Orbs to make their weapons. They can still make the Alloy bars at the Attractor for other equipment, however. Argent Alloy can also be made out of steel, platinum and flux stone if you cannot procure any orbs.

To prevent the orbs from being useless for other races, I also included a reaction to make Argent Iron from them, a metal that is inbetween iron and steel - you can find the permitted reaction line for it in the Doom helpfile, would just need to add it to an entity you would like to play, i.e dwarves in entity_default.txt or any playable modded race.

Small demonstration - old Icon of Sin thrusting up a spire of slade in legends mode.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2020, 08:54:09 am »

Quick fix to the necromorph addon - some didn't have their fingers connecting properly, so thats fixed now. More of the alien necromorphs should also not be dying instantly to decapitation.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2020, 08:59:49 am by ZM5 »

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2020, 10:59:09 am »

Any chance of a 2020 update?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2020, 11:32:53 am »

Any chance of a 2020 update?
What do you mean by that?

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2020, 11:22:30 am »

It's the spooky month and I was hoping my favorite mod would get an update this month

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2020, 11:42:08 am »

Ah, I'll see if I can get finished with the ideas I had before the month is up - still finishing up another thing so it might be a while.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: [47.04] Zombies Ate My Dwarves - I Ain't Afraid Of No Quake
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2020, 05:00:58 am »

I've updated the main body of this pack, alongside the existing addons - mostly small fixes, i.e I noticed a targetting issue with the agitate abilities of the infected Screamer or the alien necromorph Commander, so those should work properly now.

I've also released the Quake 1 monsters addon. It isn't all that much altogether, the game's bestiary isn't particularly large (and I've also decided to forego the Zombies and the Grunts/Enforcers), but it should be something for the time being. Pretty much all of the wild Quake creatures are found underground from the second layer onward - there's also the Knight enemies (called Possessed Knights) as a variant on the underground tribals (except they're more formidable due to having metal armor - no ranged weapons though, or shields, but they also have the Death Knights, or "Possessed Dark Knights" as a rare, stronger caste with an explosive fire bolt attack).
There's also the Ogres (called Cannibal Ogres here) as a dark pits civilization, the Chthon as a megabeast and Shub-Niggurath (called Hell-mother here) as a dark pits ruler.

I have two more things intended for this pack for the time being, but it might be a while before I get to them (one is Killing Floor Zeds as an addon civ, the other is expanding the Hexen/Heretic monsters to include ones from Hexen 2).

Hope you guys enjoy it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2020, 10:00:20 am »

I've updated the main body of this pack, alongside the existing addons - mostly small fixes, i.e I noticed a targetting issue with the agitate abilities of the infected Screamer or the alien necromorph Commander, so those should work properly now.

I've also released the Quake 1 monsters addon. It isn't all that much altogether, the game's bestiary isn't particularly large (and I've also decided to forego the Zombies and the Grunts/Enforcers), but it should be something for the time being. Pretty much all of the wild Quake creatures are found underground from the second layer onward - there's also the Knight enemies (called Possessed Knights) as a variant on the underground tribals (except they're more formidable due to having metal armor - no ranged weapons though, or shields, but they also have the Death Knights, or "Possessed Dark Knights" as a rare, stronger caste with an explosive fire bolt attack).
There's also the Ogres (called Cannibal Ogres here) as a dark pits civilization, the Chthon as a megabeast and Shub-Niggurath (called Hell-mother here) as a dark pits ruler.

I have two more things intended for this pack for the time being, but it might be a while before I get to them (one is Killing Floor Zeds as an addon civ, the other is expanding the Hexen/Heretic monsters to include ones from Hexen 2).

Hope you guys enjoy it.
Do you plan on adding the monsters from Quake 1's two addons?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2020, 01:42:50 pm »

Might try to do them at some point, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8