Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18

Author Topic: SCP: Legion of the D.E.A.D: Mission 1: Waltzing Matilda  (Read 22668 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCP: Legion of the D.E.A.D: Mission 1: Waltzing Matilda
« Reply #195 on: November 21, 2017, 03:13:23 pm »

(And killed offscreen.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 21, 2017, 04:02:16 pm »

(I’m glad you’re discussing this as players and not, say, as your characters, who could communicate this to Ivan, who can then call the Foundation and trade the footage he has of the anomaly in action for a ride back to base and some medical treatment)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 21, 2017, 04:22:24 pm »

(I don't think anyone knows where you are or really noticed you left. Your "send message" action will be received next turn so no one knows what happened to you yet. Currently we have bigger problems like the mob of angry villagers with guns.)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 21, 2017, 05:50:06 pm »

(I'm communicating with other players though... is that really something that has to be rolled for or otherwise processed by the GM?)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 22, 2017, 03:03:10 am »

(We'll assume all long distance communications are done by digital technology, where every kid with a snooper can listen in on your transmitted calls!)
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 22, 2017, 07:33:41 am »

(but do we have to wait for you to process things like phoning and texting before we can respond to each other? :P)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 26, 2017, 12:41:07 am »

Regain consciousness..?

You roll willpower + Endurance:
2d6>=4f1  = (5, 5, 2 successes) = 2

You moan and groan and rollover in a feat of sheer will and temerity. Your skull is still fractured and everything hurts...  But you refuse to go to sleep. A concerned waitress is hovering over you, offering a towel and a bandage.

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)

(YEAH I’M AWESOME)

Accept the towel and bandage.

Gracias, seńorita. Could you help me to a seat in the diner, por favor?

Once seated:

May I have some ice to wrap in the towel, a cup of the strongest café you have, and some painkillers, too?

Call one of the non-Jay, non-Myrtle

Text all the team members:

“I am at the diner, with a head wound. I am treating it, and then I will come back to the van.

Faithfully,

Ivan Javier de Córdoba”

Treat the bleeding with any haemostats (stops bleeding) in the GI Medical Pouch, use with bandage. Once finished, and assuming I have nothing left to treat, apply ice wrapped in the towel to my head, gently.

Assuming the previous action is completed successfully:

Return to the van at a sensible pace, being wary of dangerous steps and other tripping hazards along the way.

You don't have fancy drugs in your standard issue medkit! But you have bandages. And whatever else you can find on hand, like ice.

Rolling Intelligence and !Science!
2d6>=4f1  = (6 6, 2 successes) = 2

You apply a compressive bandage and an ice pack to your head. It actually starts to hurt less!

Then you stumble out the door again and stroll into the middle of a concerned and slightly agitated mob observing the team drag little girls around.

Faye yells the following at the guy with the shotgun while continuing to haul the girl into the van:

"Better take care of your mother first! She'll die if you leave her like that!"

Spoiler: Ozarck (click to show/hide)

Rolling strength to move the child:
1d6>=4f1  = (5, 1 success) = 1

You haul matilda in the van. You know teamwork might have made that go faster!

Then you yell at the angry redneck with a shotgun and a wounded mother. Angry, he takes a shot at you.
3d6>=4f1  = (1 3 6, 0 successes) = 0
d6  = (5) = 5
He misfires his shotgun and the breech explodes, wounding his arm and part of his face. The crowd gets further agitated by the noise of gunfire.

Into the van, secure self, if and of the redknecks do anything shoot them.

You take a potshot at the redneck with the broken shotgun as well. Rolling Dex + Firearms
3d6>=4f1  = (2 5 1, 0 successes) = 0
d6  = (5) = 5
The air compressor of you pneumatic nailgun jams, sparks start flying.
You make a quick intelligence roll:

1d6>=4f1  = (1, -1 success) = -1

You turn the jammed nailgun over to look at the damaged part and it explodes into your face, now you have a face full of shrapnel. You whimper and head back to the van for treatment.
Once done, stay inside Van. Do quick check-up on everyone, make sure no ones injured.

After grumbling something about the government's poor work ethic, Myrtle returns to her seat. She glances at her allies.

Check if anyone else in the van needs medical attention, and assist them if so.

Reginald tries to fix Albert's face. Rolling Intelligence + Science
4d6>=4f1  = (1 1 6 4, 0 successes) = 0
He mutilates Albert further, blood is everywhere. Albert is now bleeding profusely.

Then Myrtle tries to help. Rolling Intelligence + Science.
2d6>=4f1  = (1 2, -1 success) = -1
She makes a bigger mess. Some of the pieces might now be damaging vital nerves and blood vessels. Albert passes out from the pain.

Fuck Miss Honey, rush to the van

You drop the schoolmistress and just jump into the van.

Into the van, get ready to drive,
(I'm already ready to drive
"We are running out of time. Do we really need to bring the woman?."
Make sure to start driving away once thetarget and the group is in the van. If someone didn't manage to get to the van, wait for a moment before leaving. We have very little time and now the civilians are angry.

You are ready to drive off... If you want you could plow into the mob to scoop Ivan. Otherwise fail-safes in his body would liquidate him!

Spoiler: Egan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Randomgenericusername (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Papaj (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Hector13 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gigagiant (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lord Porkins (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spazyak (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:18:09 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 26, 2017, 12:43:56 am »

(considering I'm getting all the lucky rolls, you totally need me. /pleas for continued existence)

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 26, 2017, 01:34:22 am »

Realizing her efforts at healthcare have failed, Myrtle directed her attention elsewhere. After taking a quick look around at everyone in the van, she turned toward the driver's seat and yelled:

"Hey, Mr. Driver, we're missing somebody. His name was, uh..." Myrtle winced as she tried to remember the name of their missing teammate. "...Evan, I think. He was the guy who smelled bad. We need to go back and grab him. He's got my phone, and I really need it back. It's got about a hundred irreplaceable photos of my cat, Ginger. Please, it was hard enough getting those photos the first time. Ginger is precious, but she never likes sitting still."

Plea with Jay to save my phone, and also Ivan. Then keep an eye on Maltilda (and Miss Honey, if Jebbediah managed to get her into the van) and if she (or miss Honey) wake up and start struggling, then whack her a few times with my cane to calm her down.
Insert witty signature here

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2017, 05:49:47 am »

[And... my turn is missing"
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2017, 06:17:10 am »

Fuck Miss Honey, rush to the van

You got into the van. I guess I wanted to roll to see if the first part of your action should be taken literally and forgot in the process. I guess such a thing would really enrage the mob and get them to charge.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:33:18 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2017, 07:35:12 am »

create a blindfold from bandages or from someone else' clothing and apply it snugly but gently to Matilda's eyes. IF hte van has seatbelts, apply one to the girl and one to myself. then wait.

((considered refilling the syringe with one of my otehr compounds, but I don't want that to be a roll, like when I tried to make a suggestion without being recorded :P ))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 26, 2017, 08:09:30 am »

Scream for a medic
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:19 am »

"It's not worth risking our lives and the mission for some photos of a pet. You can have mine."
Give Myrtle my phone. Start driving already and leave this place. Find the fastest route out of here, don't care if civilians are on the way unless it would damage the vehicle or slow us down.
Spoiler: Jay Walker (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:16:59 am by randomgenericusername »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 26, 2017, 09:24:39 am »

Scream for a medic

You're passed out from medical malpractice by the medics, it's like wanting to scream but having no mouth to do so.

"It's not worth risking our lives and the mission for some photos of a pet. You can have mine."
Give Myrtle my phone. Start driving already and leave this place. Find the fastest route out of here, don't care if civilians are on the way unless it would damage the vehicle or slow us down.
Spoiler: Jay Walker (click to show/hide)

There's also the valuable team player called Ivan that you don't want to leave behind! The powers that be will activate his failsafe and liquidate him!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:26:22 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 18