Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33

Author Topic: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Karikhita, 1904 Battle Phase  (Read 27155 times)

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Karikhita, 1895 Design Phase
« Reply #225 on: November 15, 2017, 11:47:51 am »

Considering how piratejoe set up the game to slow tech build up it is entirly possible to catch up for example it is physically imposible for either of us to make a quick fire field gun with hydrolic recoil pistons right now. Hell we don't have the tech to build modern guns that are bigger than 6 inches

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 15, 2017, 03:58:30 pm »

I believe that unless something massive changes we are just gonna be Artoska from Wand Race and have a very long and drawn out death where we never catch a break no matter how good we roll or how intelligent we behave.

I don't want to continue losing.
You'll note that at one point relatively near the end Arstotzka was a mere 2 sections removed from Moskurg's capital.

Indeed, the balance of the war swung back and forth throughout the game. I think that was because there were so many viable options for what to create, unlike here, where our options are ships, guns, and cannons. We can't gain an advantage in some other area, because there are no other areas. They have better ships, guns, and cannons, and we have to play catchup whilst they forge ahead.
Long Live United Forenia!

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 15, 2017, 04:29:42 pm »

Their revolver rifle is a dead end though they will have to make a new rifle to compete there, and once we get into  ironclads their guns are for the most part obsolete as far as the navy is concerned.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 15, 2017, 09:08:55 pm »

We have to make a breechloading cannon, and SOON, in order to make the 'their cannons are outdated' thing worthwhile.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Thanatos Russ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 15, 2017, 11:26:45 pm »

I don't want to rain on your parade, but Arstotzka didn't make good decisions towards the end of Wands Race.

They died from their own mistakes, though Moskurg made just as many mistakes (Well, maybe one less. We didn't make a high-altitude bomber for some CQB in the last turn of the game...)

Yeah, they fucked up with not realizing that sense magic would sense their shit, and I read a summary mentioning some wacky national focus as opposed to improving basic mage spells. They also made other design errors.

I must admit we have made some errors, one of which was bothering with a revision to add cannons to our Water Wolf when we could have done something like make camuoflage armour or something

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 16, 2017, 01:03:38 pm »

Very Hard: 6
SS Yalagdashgui:
The Yalagdashgui is a very large and fancy sea fairing vessel made of wood and iron. Powered by both wind and steam, the ship is able to keep going on even when the wind dies down, however it is slow due to the weight of the ship but we doubt that the thing will go down to anything but a direct boarding. It has the ability to use larger cannons, however, currently it only uses our small and light cannons, however, it uses a lot of them, enough that it should be able to deal with the Nafunan ships especially due to the armored hull.  There is also a cargo variant that should be able to take care of transport for a while. Just in case the ship needs to be abandoned, there are rowboats on it for the crew to escape. There is one issue however, making a new steam engine for these ships is difficult at the moment, and so is fully armoring the ship. But this is a small price to pay for taking back the seas. Cost 3 Ore, 2 wood, Complex. Very Expensive

It is now the Revision phase. The Khan is Very pleased with your work.

(GM note, it will be expensive next turn if the Nafunan's don't do anything at sea.)
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Ameliorate War, An Arms Race game, Karikhita, 1895 Revision Phase
« Reply #231 on: November 16, 2017, 04:40:02 pm »

Tom-Shonkhor: Literally "Bigger Falcon". An upsized version of the Shonkhor, firing 10kg (~22lb) projectiles instead of 1kg. Still smoothbore, but cast iron instead of bronze, primarily for cost reasons.

A stopgap, and a way of gaining some more cannon-making experience.

Quote from: Votes
Tom-Shonkhor: (1) NUKE9.13

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 16, 2017, 04:43:49 pm »

Well, it follows the plan, and the name works, so let's go forwards.

Quote from: Votebox
Tom-Shonkhor: (2) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 16, 2017, 06:23:36 pm »

Madman is too lazy to vote himself, but indicated that this is what he would vote for if he could be bothered (on Discord).

Tom-Shonkhor: (3) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Madman

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 16, 2017, 07:20:07 pm »

Tom-Shonkhor: (4) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Madman,khang

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2017, 08:19:30 pm »

Hey, I merely said I didn't feel the need to vote for the design that was winning.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 17, 2017, 04:52:00 am »

Seeker asked to have his vote added on Discord.

Tom-Shonkhor: (5) NUKE9.13, Jilladilla, Madman, khang, Seeker

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2017, 07:44:06 am »

Iron cannons is very good and easy way to have your cannon crews be the first men on the moon.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2017, 09:23:53 am »

Would it take a revision or a design to learn the Bessemer process or even the open Hearth Furnace? I think that would open a gateway to more power.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2017, 09:42:54 am »

Industrialisation happens automatically over time, I think, and cannot really be accelerated by our actions.
If that weren't the case though, absolutely the Bessemer process would be a solid thing to spend an action on.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 33