Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 41059 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #930 on: December 17, 2019, 03:33:28 pm »

Yamato lets go once its clear Sun Crow can stand on her own, though he remains reasonably close just in case.
"Looks like everyone's able to move, at least. You wanna show the way to this 'safe location', Goldie?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 17, 2019, 04:01:52 pm »

"....you know, really would've been nice to have a heads up that you told some random dude where I live. But....yeah, let's get out of here, make sure Haruko isn't out here when all the cops and those Foundation dudes get here."

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 17, 2019, 04:09:08 pm »

"I assumed you'd want to hear his story. He seemed to know something about the foundation. It's not as if I told him anything about you. If he shows up and you don't want to talk to him, you can just play it off and ignore him. He'll most likely assume he was stood up." It's not as if Ai had done anything to make the place seem like anything more than a place to meet up in case the doctor wanted to have his questions answered (and, incidentally, answer questions).

As for Kamijou herself, she had all the air of 'well, that was fun. But I'm going to head home now' at the end of a night on the town.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 17, 2019, 09:04:24 pm »

Kiyo glances between everyone with a faint smile on her face even as she starts to worry that she's being ignored. As such she turns to face Maki and gives her a polite bow, "I know we barely know each other but do you mind if I accompany you? I promise that I won't cause any trouble."

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #934 on: December 17, 2019, 11:24:17 pm »

"She seems nice, Maki. I mean you didn't beat her up, but she helped us beat something else up, so that's better, right?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 22, 2020, 10:33:03 am »

The Next Day....
"....so, let me get this straight, Maki. You want.....to meet a doctor in our restaurant....for a school project. As an interview."

Maki nods slowly, her voice slightly higher-pitched, hoping he wouldn't question it.
"Yeah. That's right. A biology....project."

Maki's grandfather just gives her one look, scanning over her assembled friends. He closes his eyes, sighing.
"Well, alright. Tell him if he wants food, it's not on the house. I can't keep giving out freebies. You, Haruko and the Miyazono boy....also, if customers start coming in, I'll need those tables."

The old man gruffly retreats into the kitchen, leaving Maki and the rest of the group sitting around the steakhouse's tables. The only other present is the other teenager working at the steakhouse, quietly cleaning and sweeping the place with a broom. It's a slow morning, with most people staying in; after all, last night's Zoanthrope fight in front of the hospital had made the morning news, and your exploits were captured by some enterprising nurse with a smartphone and YouTube.

As Kamijou said, the hospital director was coming to the Kisaragi steakhouse to meet them, and he was due any minute.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 22, 2020, 01:09:06 pm »

Ragnar nervously drummed his fingers across the table. Talking to people was his least favorite thing to do, especially since he was bad at it. After a moment of silence he turned to Maki and spoke. "It wouldn't be uh... rude to order food before the director comes, yes?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #937 on: March 22, 2020, 04:30:03 pm »

Haruko, at least, seemed to be happy to provide the workers at the steakhouse something to do, as she sat down with a plateful of food and began mowing down what appeared to be a full steak dinner for her breakfast. "Why would it be rude?" she asked with a mouthful of mashed potatoes. Thankfully, she swallowed before continuing. "It's a steakhouse, and Maki's grandpa makes really good food. Wouldn't it be rude to not eat?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 22, 2020, 05:21:52 pm »

Ragnar, despite the decidedly non-hostile nature of the response looks as if he committed some grave sin against etiquette, like he had gone out without pants on or thrown out the ashes of the host's grandmother. "I-I just don't know how to act, on the one hand he's an important partner of high station but on the other this is a very unusual circumstance and maybe it'd look weird if we weren't eating..."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: March 24, 2020, 12:37:13 pm »

Yamato leans back against the chair and yawns, before joining the conversation.
"Eh, Raggy, I think you're overthinking this a little. All things considered... I imagine he's gonna be focused on more important things than whether you're eating or not, yeah?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 24, 2020, 04:06:46 pm »

Ragnar looks unsure before taking a breath and nodding. "Well, okay... Just my father always says that you should never show any weakness when meeting a business contact. Etiquette is as important of armor as a bulletproof vest."
He takes a moment to look at what's offered before turning back to the others. "I uh... have never eaten here before so what do you guys suggest?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 24, 2020, 04:20:18 pm »

"Uh....any of the steak's good. I DON'T recommend the noodles, though. Grandpa makes them too spicy. He says people should be able to handle it but I just keep telling him he's got no sense of taste."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 24, 2020, 04:30:03 pm »

Yamato rubs his chin in contemplation.
"Spicy, you say?"
He checks his wallet, more out of habit than any doubt that he can pay.
"Hey, Raggy, you want to try these noodles with me?"

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 24, 2020, 04:33:00 pm »

"Hm... I do like stuffy spicy though... But it wouldn't do to look like a mess even ignoring most rules of politeness..."  Ragnar looks thoughtful for a bit before nodding to Yamato's offer.
"Oh, don't bother paying, I have more than enough spending money since I don't generally use my allowance."

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 24, 2020, 05:51:09 pm »

"Eat, don't eat, I doubt they'll care. They're here to discuss an emergency, not for a business meeting."

Ito was seemingly only barely paying attention, reading through some sort of fashion magazine rather than primarily interacting with the rest of the group. He'd left his coat at home today, deciding it was better to avoid standing out quite so much in a meeting like this, instead just dressed in a disturbingly tight black tanktop and a rather more normal matching jacket.

"Extra spicy, you say? I may have to give them a try, then. I've been missing real spice."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65