Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: New Mod Ideas  (Read 3724 times)

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: New Mod Ideas
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2018, 03:32:39 am »

Seems like I have the rough version of Phase 1 done, I'm sure lots of tweaks and customizing can be done. But for now should be ready for a small release once I clean some stuff up.

The other side project needs quite a bit more work yet, but I'll be alternating between it and this.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2018, 04:23:28 am »

I read somewhere that castes which are immortal won't marry castes which are not.

I wonder how the castes with significantly different lifespans interact - do they intermarry ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2018, 12:55:25 am »

I believe the immortals not getting married are due to the age difference. Since I think there is a limit I can't remember if it's 10 or 20 year difference, so someone doesn't have a 23m and 72f aged relationship. Not that I can prove that.

But that could explain why the vamps have a very low pop count if potential age ranged mates are murdered in their hateful vampire wars. (other project)

But regarding the immortal castes they are very rare, and only hold positions of power (so if there isn't one to fill it, I think they just magically poof into existence) but the castes that have age limits are the most common so I think Elves will be fine on that front.

as for intermarry, castes will marry other castes. As long as their age difference is acceptable and their orientation is met.

Kat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2018, 11:54:49 am »

on the creature token page for the dwarf fortress wiki, it says that for civilised creatures, a caste that lacks the "MAXAGE" token, will not marry a caste that has it.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Creature_token#M

And on the marriage page, it says theres a 10-year age gap restriction in fortress mode for getting married, though immigrants may have wider gaps.
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Marriage

the pages don't give sources though, they just state these things, so I don't know if or how they've been tested.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2018, 01:52:58 pm »

Example of the second with save in post above here.

Don't know about the first.
Pages: 1 2 [3]