Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72

Author Topic: (ISG) You are an AI in charge of an asteroid - It lives!  (Read 43104 times)

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an AI in charge of an asteroid
« Reply #1035 on: June 08, 2018, 09:03:44 pm »

If we use the Roman definition of self defense, which includes preemptive destruction of foes and complete and utter destruction of the foe, than the path is clear, build as many weapons as possible on our outside, use FTL mass magic to enter black hole, and PREEMPTIVELY SELF DEFENSE THE FOE!!! also becoming Toomin in the process
Aliens Delenda Est
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 19, 2018, 10:54:18 am »

You start research on Time Travel, but it appears that's either impossible or not possible to do with the means that you have right now.

You attempt to drop bio-acid on the squid-shrimp, but it mauls the drone into a pile of scrap before it could drop the acid.

You build an embedded laser turret.

HSO tests their method of producing FTL waves by tampering with their electro-emitters, but it does not appear to work. Instead, it sends off a powerful radio pulse. The strange organic thing appears to respond to the signal... and deorbits itself.

The black hole rips up the creature and forms an accretion disk!

Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU HOLD NO AUTHORITY OVER ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 19, 2018, 01:01:12 pm »

I said a laser cannon, not some dinky little laser pointer that's smaller than a damn shrimp! Let's try that again, with MORE DAKKA!
Okay, so you've crafted for yourself a set of false, easily falsifiable beliefs about your current situation based off of preconceptions you have from watching too much anime. And now you're going to be mad at me because the reality of the situation does not align with your delusion of how it's supposed to be.

No, I just wish you'd told me.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 19, 2018, 01:03:32 pm »

Analyze the spectra emitted by the accretion disk. We should be able to get a rather good bulk compositional analysis of the material it is eating based on the emission spectra.  Why? Why not-- that's why. 

Also, see if the emitted light has revealed any other curious objects in our area. Ordinary telescopes/camera type scanners should be sufficient if there are any interesting objects nearby, (or approaching, due to the now very bright accretion disk. Energy is a scarce commodity in this epoch, and this is a smorgasboard at the moment.)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 19, 2018, 01:05:42 pm »

Or it would be scarce, if it weren't possible to build magical energy producing machines. :p
Okay, so you've crafted for yourself a set of false, easily falsifiable beliefs about your current situation based off of preconceptions you have from watching too much anime. And now you're going to be mad at me because the reality of the situation does not align with your delusion of how it's supposed to be.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: September 21, 2018, 01:08:25 am »

So... I kind of lost interest, but it's back. Should I revive this?
Did you know that cats that have mysteriously disappeared from home can come back after a few months without warning?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an AI in charge of an asteroid - Defibrillation in progress
« Reply #1041 on: September 21, 2018, 01:22:22 am »

Only if you want to run it.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: September 21, 2018, 01:27:20 am »

Not if you've lost interest. Not much point in updating something you dont wanna do.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: September 21, 2018, 01:36:04 am »

I have regained interest. I was just seeing if you are interested.

TankKit

• Bay Watcher
  • Enjoying technology.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: September 21, 2018, 03:13:07 am »

Yes.
“I would stop you from doing unholy experiments with my people, but I don’t actually care about their well-being and I kinda want to see what happens”

Spoken like a true god TankKit.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: September 21, 2018, 04:14:17 am »

Yes
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) You are an AI in charge of an asteroid - It lives!
« Reply #1046 on: September 21, 2018, 05:50:42 am »

((I draw this in MSPaint (the interface is more ergonomic) and resize in Paint.NET (doesn't make everything fuzzy). It's annoying.))

((I decided it's time to rough you up a bit. Prosperity gets a bit boring after a while without things being thrown at you every few updates.))

You make the laser more powerful, change its wavelength, and add another one.

Unfortunately, while installing the second cannon, one of your drones activated the laser!

The powerful laser beam strikes the drone in the body and the injured part is incinerated!

Well, you have one drone less. And the drone... chunks (these fried pieces of metal can no longer be really called parts) will probably interfere with further laser firing unless you turn the asteroid.

Why do your drones always get the worst? Blown away into space, crushed by monsters, left behind after an FTL jump (remember when you sent them after a creature?), incinerated by laser blasts...

Also, you just realized... what you have mistakenly identified as free-energy engines are actually outsourcing energy from the gravity rock... and it'll soon run out... you need to do something about this!

Creator, may we request a dock for hydro-mech suits? Because we have left one in the spaceport, and we can't really dock the Broodhome without crushing the hydro-mech.

You analyze the spectra emitted by the accretion disk. Mostly carbon. Makes sense, since it ate a massive living creature.

You set your sensor dish to camera mode. You see a lot of tiny, elongated, flat metal and plastic objects just orbiting around in a disk around the black hole. Mostly that. Would be nasty if you hit one of these on orbital speeds while going in the opposite direction, but they are far away. Other things: What looks like an asteroid-sized blob of silicon approaching, and what appears to be a larger-sized version of the elongated, flat objects.

A wave of radiation approaches! Most of it is microwaves that cannot penetrate rock very easily, but the Broodhome... well... who's in for
some steamed shrimp?

Master, our ship's sensors saw that space turned dark red, then we lost signal. Just before we lost signal, a boiling sound was heard.

How do you explain that without being too blunt?

((Now, here's a meta question. Can microwaves penetrate ~5 cm of rock and ~3 to ~50 cm of water while still being able to roast a few shrimp? Because the part of HSO that was inside the asteroid was unharmed.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:05:17 am by KittyTac »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: September 21, 2018, 06:12:46 am »

"You just lost your nodes to a microwave pulse. Shield your vessels from radiation in the future."

Determine origin of gravy-rocks. May be reproducible.

Ponder how we managed to convince ourself that free energy was possible, and why we suddenly realized the true source just now.

Engrave slabs for diseased drones.

Engrave slabs for diseased shrimp nodes.

Construct a recycling room.

Fix the bug that caused the laser to fire accidentally.

Send a drone to clear the debris from our laser test-fire, and return the materials for recycling.

Design a bacteria with specialized organelles which can couple with the primordial darkness.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: September 21, 2018, 09:00:47 am »

((Remember the rare event that I mentioned that has a minuscule chance to remove the morality module? You might have just passed it...))

Mini-update that has nothing to do with your actions, just a reminder for you:

Did you forget... about the ship...?

((This is probably a bad idea to do after I gave you toaster-related PTSD, but whatever.))
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 09:08:01 am by KittyTac »

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Dig deep, build strong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: September 21, 2018, 02:42:19 pm »

Out-logis the black hole, and use Einsteinian science to prove that it doesn’t exist. Revel in victory once it ceases to exist. Then engrave more slabs for deceased drones.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72